Are you advocating for drinking "bleach" water ( for lack of a better term) as some sort of disinfecting process to your body? That's why I'm not getting your point.
I can see where adding a tiny bit of bleach to long term stored water would inhibit the growth of micro-organisms, depending on how the water was to be stored.
But if the bleach is so effective in making potable water, why did they not recommend this to the people of Flint, Michigan after their water was found to be full of lead. Would seem a lot cheaper to be handing out gallons of "bleached" water than to be providing bottled water. And I know they were told to boil water for washing.