Lakes Online Forum
2,976 messages
Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   LoveCamping The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   Drinkers are on the road so be careful all
Date:   5/6/2012 3:29:42 PM (updated 5/6/2012 3:33:22 PM)

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way because I frequently enjoy a cold beer myself but one thing I never do is get behind the wheel even after one. My wife is the same way. Which brings me to the point of my story....Last Sunday about 3pm we were coming home from a weekend in Biloxi after driving 200+ miles. Heading north on hwy 63 just before hwy 229 a truck veered off the road, caught the edge and went sideways and finally gained control. I was telling my wife that not everyone has the same principles as us as far as drinking and driving and it is possible that could have been the case but who knows. The point is it caused us to be extra alert for the remaining short distance home. As we were heading down hwy 229, I notice coming up on a hill the roof of a truck and it appeared to be coming toward us on our side of the road. My wife slammed on the brakes to avoid him just as he passed the front of our car. He was passed out at the wheel and everything seemed like slow motion. It is the strangest thing to see someone who should be in control of a vehicle passed out on the steering wheel as he crossed our path. He ran into a ditch and hit a tree. The truck was totaled. When I ran up to his truck funny enough the only injury he appeared to have was a bloody mouth. The beer in the front of the truck was spilled all over his floor mat and when the troopers showed up he admitted to them that he blacked out and had 4 or 5 beers. When I finally get a copy of the police report I should find out what his real alcohol level was.

So everyone please do be careful because an accident may not be caused by you. It may be caused by a  person that chooses to risk your life through total selfishness.

Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
Drinkers are on the road so be careful all - LoveCamping - 5/6/2012 3:29:42 PM
     Drinkers are on the road so be careful all - Aardvark - 5/7/2012 1:03:38 PM

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online