Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Lanier Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   Feb The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   Things In Perspective
Date:   4/6/2006 10:22:04 AM

Althought we have not met, many of you on the Fourm are friends and neighbors. I would like to offer a few thoughts, and I would like others to add to my beginning of this thread. I am certainly not always on base with my personal thoughts.

There are many that are upset and some that are pleased with the recent proposed law change(s). This is a time when some of our friends and neighbors may decide to change or are being forced to change their future choice of enjoyment of Lake life specifically on Lake Martin.

Prior to rushing out for some and updating their boating choices to expensive new boats that bring a great deal of instant gratification please think of the folowing.

a. Boats, cars, mobile homes and even declared modular homes depreciate in value from the date of purchase. There are some exceptions.

b. Property and real estate and more specifically water front real estate on Lake Martin and other locations, out of the high percentage of threat from natural disasters locations, will always escalate in value.

c. Real estate and homes (some boats too) have tax benefits from both State and Fedral.

d. Escalation in property values brings about many choices for wise investments to include tax deductible second mortgages or home equity loans for new boats and children/grandchildren educations. It also leaves behind a sizable estate in wills or for the needs of well care that does not burden your children.

e. Generally insurance for real property is less expenivse than that of the other life enjoyments mentioned above.

I personally have no involvement in the above thoughts that would profit me in anyway from your personal choices of investment. It is my personal thoughts as a friend and neighbor for your future considerations. Leave something behind for your children and grandchildren for you personal legacy. You will never be remembered for you instant gratification even in your own mind. Twenty or thirty years from now the nice boat will be only a wonderful memory. Your investment will be a means of security and greater pleasure in the long term.
Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
Things In Perspective - Feb - 4/6/2006 10:22:04 AM
     The way I see things.... - LifeTime Laker - 4/6/2006 12:23:39 PM
          The way I see things.... - WSMS - 4/6/2006 12:59:00 PM
               The way I see things.... - fountain - 4/6/2006 2:42:17 PM
          The way I see things.... - jawjagal - 4/6/2006 4:24:53 PM
               The way I see things.... - jawjagal - 4/6/2006 4:27:13 PM

Quick Links
Lake Lanier News
Lake Lanier Photos
Lake Lanier Videos

About Us