(Lake Martin Specific)
169 messages
Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   MartiniMan The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   Yet another example of soft bigotry
Date:   3/28/2014 3:32:41 PM

Was pondering the SLOTUS administration's thumping of their chests over 6 million having allegedly signed up under Obamacare and what a pathetically small number that is when you consider these inconvenient facts.  Recall we were repeatadly told that 35-50 million people were uninsured and this was their salvation, right?  If true, then of the previously uninsured only 17% of them have signed up for a product that they are mandated by law to purchase!  Just think about that.

But its even worse.  We also know that an additional 5 to 6 million people covered under individual policies have lost their coverage as a result of Obamacare.  So now at best we are at a net of 1 million and possibly net zero from these paltry sign ups that have occurred.

But its even worse.  The administration knows how many people have actually paid and they refuse to release the number for obvious reasons.  Best projections are that 20% or over 1 million people signed up but have not paid and will likely not pay.  I would venture to guess that it is even worse as the maroons that signed up thinking they were finallly getting "free" health care realized that not only was it not free, it was dang expensive and had really high deductibles and pathetic subsidies, if any.  It would not surprise me if the number were double what has been projected.

But its even worse.  Of those that have allegedly signed up the vast majority are the wrong kind of people.  To wit, the entire ponzi scheme assumes that millions of young people with few health problems would sign up and would in essence pay for the rest.  Has not happened for a couple of very good reasons (i.e., the ability to stay on their parents health insurance until age 26 and a very rational economic decision that it is far cheaper to pay the tax...err...penalty.....umm, tax).  So what is the practical impact of this?  The insurance companies are going to get crushed financially and rates are going to skyrocket while they put their greedy hands in the pockets of the taxpayer to make up the difference.

It is no wonder that approval for Obamacare is at a paltry 26%........and that with all the provisions that have been imperially delayed and waived by the man child.......until after the midterm elections that is.....I know, I know, just a coincidence.  Imagine what it would be if it were fully implemented?  I am guessing it would be in the single digits.  So the soft bigotry of low expectations of our first half black President is in full force when an unmitigated disaster is seen as something to crow about.......why are expectations of the liberal mainstream media and left wing nuts so low for this guy?

Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
Yet another example of soft bigotry - MartiniMan - 3/28/2014 3:32:41 PM
     Yet another example of soft bigotry - h_hob - 3/28/2014 6:50:31 PM
          Yet another example of soft bigotry - MartiniMan - 3/29/2014 11:08:11 AM

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online