Lakes Online Forum
2,976 messages
Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Hampton Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   MrHodja The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   Garth Brooks Concert
Date:   6/5/2022 11:56:01 PM

So my wife bought some tickets to the Garth Brooks concert, held last night at the new stadium that is home to UAB and the Birmingham USFL team.  I was lukewarm to the idea but warmed up to it as time went on.  She bought enough tickets so we, our Bham-based daughter and her beau, our D-I-L from here in Fungummery, and a couple of my daughter's friends were able to go.  There wasn't an empty seat in the stadium, which, including the field seats, held 50,000, and a great time was had by all.  Garth Brooks is the consummate entertainer and his sound and video setup and backup vocalists and musicians were fantastic.  It was quite a sight and sound to hear almost the entire stadium singing along...and GB made the entire crowd feel like we were the best crowd ever.  Now this was the only of his concerts I have been to so I don't know if he tells every crowd they are the greatest, but it surely did seem his enthusiasm was feeding off that of the crowd.  And yes, near the end Trisha Yearwood came out and did a few songs with him as well.  Don't know if that is because the crowd was so enthusiastic, but was a special treat in any case.

GB made the point early on that he was recording the entire performance, in part because the stadium was a great place to do it and it had no roof.  I guess a roof screws the acoustics?  In any case, Birmingham was a very accommodating host for the event, especially since it was the first attempt in the new stadium, and they need to build on that success and have more there.  Obviously the weather is a wildly erratic unknown for events like that outside, especially in Alabama in the summer, but last night it was great.  GB remarked that the crew, musicians and everyone else took care of everything except the weather and they left him in charge of that, lol.

Bottom line is my wife deserves a shout out for getting great seats by literally ordering them from a dentists chair as soon as the ticket site opened.  Every one, even this old fart, had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat...well, as long as the heart is still beating, lol!

BTW,I exercised the 24 hour rule before posting this.

Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
Garth Brooks Concert - MrHodja - 6/5/2022 11:56:01 PM
     Garth Brooks Concert - lakngulf - 6/7/2022 8:41:37 AM
          Garth Brooks Concert - Talullahhound - 6/7/2022 7:15:02 PM
          Garth Brooks Concert - MrHodja - 6/7/2022 10:34:11 PM
               Garth Brooks Concert - lakngulf - 6/8/2022 9:08:36 AM

Quick Links
Hampton News
Hampton Photos
Hampton Videos

About Us
Contact Us