Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   Kizma Anuice - Email Member
Subject:   PLOT BY SANDY CREEK RESIDENTS
Date:   9/14/2007 5:37:21 PM

The whole Dadeville waste water treatment protest is a plot by the residents of Sandy Creek to get the poop pipe out of Sandy and into the main river channel.

That is why they are now promoting pumping the poop to Alex City.

It is the same thing that the residents of Rain Tree did several years ago.

All of the Creek dwellers want the poop pipes( that were located in the creeks to keep the poop out of the main lake)

Why did they buy in these creeks and then complain. If they wanted the pristine waters they should have purchased on the main river. But guess what? That land cost a lot more than the lots on the poop infested creeks.

I say keep the poop where it is. I don't want it in my back yard.

Name:   HOT ROD - Email Member
Date:   9/14/2007 6:25:48 PM

you remind me of somebody I used to know, do you know jim clinton?

Name:   bamagirl - Email Member
Date:   9/14/2007 11:44:08 PM

Hey that was not very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lived in the Sandy Creek area
for 21 years and have kept my end of the lake going just as well as anyone. My land wasnt cheap then and wouldnt be now! Who doesnt
deserve clean water.

Name:   Pier Pressure - Email Member
Date:   9/15/2007 1:43:38 AM

I go to Sandy Creek on occasion. I enjoy my time there!

I would love to dive in these waters, but I am not sure that what I would see is worth the extra mileage (I am poor and my boat only gets 1 mile per gallon).

Lake Martin offers alot of desert diving ,minus the water well, house, and occasional bridge every now and then. And I am tired of paying for the $178 fee for going farther than 50 feet from my boat without a floating flag. So, if you see a yellow intertube with a diving flag attached, please stay 100 feet way, as I am probably 80 feet below you and pose no harm to myself or your hull....

Sandy Creek this year was more cloudy than I had expected, but I would still love to visit and explore its bottoms! And, Sandy Creek has beautiful shore line!

Lake Martin is a wonderful treasure, no one has is better than the other. Do not be envious nor spite!

-Tony out.

Name:   Grundoon - Email Member
Date:   9/15/2007 1:24:16 PM

As usual, many allegations, few facts. Why should Sandy Creek residents, or those of any other part of the lake, look the other way when a government body -- or a private business or individual, for that matter -- degrades the quality of water that belongs to all citizens? As far as I can tell, all that Sandy Creek residents have asked is that the City of Dadeville meet the requirements of the law a lot more consistently than it has in the past. Whether that is done by upgrading the Dadeville plant or piping the waste to Alexander City is immaterial. The issue is not complicated: Either the City of Dadeville obeys the law or it accepts the consequences of ignoring it.

Name:   bamagirl - Email Member
Date:   9/15/2007 8:38:04 PM

Now that is talking with some sense!!!!!!!!!!

Date:   9/16/2007 12:22:05 AM

I am not saying that the cities should not comply with the law. I am in favor of them so doing.

On the other hand, the residents of Sandy Creek moved to the problem. They were able to buy property at a lower price because of the problem.

Now they want the poop pumped al over the county so it won't be in their cheap back yards.

Those of us who paid a premium to be away from the poop pipe should not have to have the problem moved to our baileywick.

Making the poopatrators clean up the poop is fine. Moving it to a new location is not.

And I know all about the new state of the art treatment plant. But even with state of the art facilities, as they say, "Poop hapens"

Name:   Osms - Email Member
Date:   9/16/2007 8:43:56 AM

Where do you get the idea that people moved to Sandy Creek knowing that there was a problem with Dadeville's WWTP. No one knew about the problem until February 2007. There are over 350 homes in Sandy Creek - probably 3-4 of them have changed hands since February. Property values are not lower on Sandy than anywhere else on the lake--where did you dream that up -- they may be if the WWTP is not repaired ASAP.

If you're going to try to stir things up, at least try to have your facts straight.

Name:   LifeTime Laker - Email Member
Date:   9/16/2007 9:43:09 AM

YOU never let facts get in the way when you are bashing the locals. How ironic you demand facts of others!!

Name:   Lakeman - Email Member
Date:   9/16/2007 10:28:18 AM

Well I promise you Osms had his facts straight much more than you did on the Smith Lake issue. But you bailed out on that claiming that you didn't have all the facts. Well "test tube baby", the facts were there ready to be read but you never took the time to get them. You just practiced you favorite olympics and jumped to conclusions just so you could bash someone.

Date:   9/16/2007 2:09:02 PM

OK I WILL RESPOND IN CAPS

Where do you get the idea that people moved to Sandy Creek knowing that there was a problem with Dadeville's WWTP. (I ASSUME THAT PEOPLE WHO LIVER THERE ARE OF AT LEAST AVERAGE INTELLEGENCE. IT HAS BEEN PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT THE WWTP HAS BEEN VIOLATION ITS LICENSE FOR OVER 20 YEARS. I ALSO ASSUME THAT THOSE PEOPLE HAVE NOSES)No one knew about the problem until February 2007. I DID AND CERTAINLY THE LAKEWATCH PEOPLE KNEW ALONG WITH THE CITY FATHERS, JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW DOESN'T MEAN "No one knew"

There are over 350 homes in Sandy Creek ( I DON'T KNOW OR CARE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER)- probably 3-4 of them have changed hands since February(COULD THIS BE BECAUSE PEOPLE FIND OUT ABOUT THE POOP PIPE AND DON'T WANT TO PURCHASE BY IT?). Property values are not lower on Sandy than anywhere else on the lake--where did you dream that up (THIS IS PATTENTLY FALSE. VALUES ARE HIGHER IN WP, RT, TRILLIUM THE RIDGE ETC.)-- they may be if the WWTP is not repaired ASAP.(UNFORTUNATELY IT PROBABLY WILL NOT BE REPAIRED SOON. I HOPE IT WILL AND HAVE ATTENDED EVERY METTING AND SPOKE UP STATING SUCH. BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE REPAIRED. I AM JUST NOT IN FAVOR OF PUMPING POOP ALL OVER THE COUNTY IN OLD WATER MAINS AND DEPOSITING IT IN ANOTHER PART OF THE LAKE. IF IT HAS TO BE PUT IN THE LAKE, LET IT WHERE IT IS OR PUT IT IN JUST THIS SIDE OF THE TURBINES SO THAT IT WILL GO IMMEDIATLY THROUGH THEM..)

If you're going to try to stir things up, at least try to have your facts straight
a. I AM NOT TRYING TO STIR ANYTHING UP
b. WHAT "MAERIAL FACTS" DO I NOT HAVE STRAIGHT?

Name:   LifeTime Laker - Email Member
Subject:   I didn't BAIL an anything
Date:   9/16/2007 3:26:04 PM

I conceded one point to someone with superior knowledge. Now having seen the APCo response, what makes you think the SLISA had anything to do with the certification being granted provisionally. It happens almost every time, and happened here LAST time. Now take your head out of your and osms' A*S*S and read it again. IF your are refering to me not engaging your other alias, well, if that is your idea of bailing, it shows what an unworthy opponent you are. Grow up. You are what 67 years old. Quit acting like a 12 year old. Oh thats right, you aren't ACTING. That is where your emotional development must have stopped.

Get a life you pitiful cyber stalker and stay out of mine.

Now you can win all the internet arguments you want, because remember, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, YOU are still retarded!!

I stand by EVERY word in the other thread.

Name:   Osms - Email Member
Subject:   Answers to Kizma
Date:   9/16/2007 4:34:51 PM

If you have known that the WWTP was violating laws, why didn't you as a responsible, concerned citizen do something about it? Do you not care about the Lake?

I agree that the perpetrators (as you call them, "the city fathers") knew about the violations--and covered up these FACTS.

I agree the property values in Willow Point, The Ridge, Trillium and the like exceed the values of Sandy Creed property, but so do the houses. This is probably the weakest point you've tried to make in months.

Are you aware that the Sugar Creek (Alex City) will operate more efficiently with more sewage. It was designed to handle far more sewage than is currently running through it and the Dadeville addition would help.

You seem to think that any WWTP "poop pipe" dumping into a creek will stay in that creek--ain't so--it pollutes the whole lake. Are you aware that one of Alex City's "poop pipes' is actually upstream of the Alex City drinking water intake? You need to get on board and help clean up this lake and learn more in the process.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online