Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Subject:   JC Watts
Date:   1/12/2010 4:13:05 PM

I'm really disappointed that JC Watts, former Congressman from Oklahoma, does not pass Senator Reeds criteria for President of the USA - light skinned. JC is dark so he will have to be content with being CEO of his many corporations.

If I were a black person and heard what Reed and Clinton said, I would be mad as He&^ and would do everything in my power to get this administration shipped back to Chicago. This was an insult to the total Black race.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   1/12/2010 4:39:35 PM

Well, while Harry Reid is a first class snake and deserves any "stuff" that is thrown his way, there is another way of looking at what he was saying.

And to put my comments in perspective I am a white male, almost 65 years old, raised in a smallish (40,000) town in Arkansas. So I am absolutely no apologist for the worm.

But I thought about what Reid said. Unlike others I think he was saying more about the electorate than any racism on the part of himself. To me he was simply saying that a light skinned black who spoke like a white was more likely to be acceptable to a majority of the electorate than a dark skinned black who spoke the "black dialect". That's not so much racism as it is realism.

The interesting - and sad for the Dems thing is that the Dems, for the most part, don't take that approach to his comments but are circling the wagons like he!!, stonewalling at every chance. Rather comical in that they had such a plausible answer - other than reminding the electorate of the cold, hard facts - and could have blamed the attitude of the electorate on the Repubs.

Just goes to show you they are really not as smart as they think they are.

Cheers to all,

Nasreddin Hodja

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Date:   1/12/2010 4:53:39 PM

While he is dark skinned I have never heard him bring the negro dialect into the equation so I doubt he will appeal to African American Democrat voters. So he loses the white Dem vote because he is too dark and he loses the black Dem vote because he can't give a Selma speech. I tell you, this whole episode with Reid really exposes the modern Democrat party for the plantation they are for African American voters. Sadly they do not see it because they have been blinded by 50 years of great society and had their minds numbed by the teacher's unions.

Name:   rude evin - Email Member
Subject:   MM........
Date:   1/12/2010 5:00:33 PM

While I agree with your point, you should take a look at the www.bookerrising.net web site to see that some conservative blacks are getting it and they are taking no prisoners........also an interesting current entry on the issue of the splitting of Fulton co into Milton on the north. Enjoy.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   MM........
Date:   1/12/2010 6:49:30 PM

I'll check it out.

As for splitting Fulton, the only way to do that is for a county to go away a change to the state constitution. When there was a push for this when Dems controlled the state legislature and the governor's office Fulton County south (i.e., the criminal enterprise in the city of Atlanta) out of fear of losing their sugar daddy tax base got it changed so there could be no more counties in the state. Pathetic but effective.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   1/12/2010 7:31:23 PM

From that perspective, I think you are right.
We sometimes tell our hound dog that she is dirty enough for dogs, but clean enough for humans... well, there is probably a collerary for black national politicians. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town