Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   Feb - Email Member
Subject:   Parker Creek Water Company
Date:   7/18/2010 10:20:22 AM

has posted several large signs offering a $500.00 reward for information leading to the conviction of the vandal/vandals of their Auburn Orange Tatum/Henley Water Tower on Coosa County Road 20 East. It appears the vandals have painted various names, logos and etc. on the tower. The reward signs do list the names that have been spray painted on the tower.

Name:   PC Al - Email Member
Date:   7/18/2010 11:21:26 PM

I believe the reward is $5,000.  Definitely the work of kids.  For 5 grand, somebody will probably turn them in.  Hope they can repaint/repair damage and not have a criminal record over their heads. 

Name:   lakngulf - Email Member
Date:   7/19/2010 10:59:58 AM

Received a letter from water board about the damage and reward.  It mentioned video tapes.  If they have tapes of "who done it" why do they need help?  Post pictures of culprits and someone will identify them. 

Agree. Cost and labor for repaint, and fence repair should be punishment.  Is this the first water tank to every be written on?

Name:   Ames - Email Member
Date:   7/19/2010 2:33:56 PM

They wrote some very disparaging remarks about my niece on that water tower and it really infuriates me.

She is a good girl with a kind heart. 

Date:   7/20/2010 5:28:19 PM

I hope Mr. Henley had such remarks removed or at least covered.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   A Silver Lining in Every Cloud
Date:   7/20/2010 6:01:57 PM

I think the offenders, if caught, need to be forced repaint the tower using artists' brushes.  They need to learn a lesson.  I stopped by and took a closer look on the way back to town the other day and they had to be there for a while to do all that.

That being said, I have noticed over the last year or two that the paint on the side of the tower getting the most sun had started oxidizing pretty badly.  Maybe the vandals did PC Water Co a favor if at least part of the repainting gets paid for by the offenders and/or insurance.

Name:   Mack - Email Member
Subject:   Fit the Punishment to the Crime>>
Date:   7/20/2010 6:17:07 PM

Furnish the guilty with 100 gallons of paint, maybe this time WaterTower Grey/Green, a 4 inch brush, a 50' extension ladder and all the water they can drink. Repaint the tower. Now, during the Summer Heat, during the same season that they defaced it.
No excuse for this abuse. 
I mention an alternate color paint because the orange was fading quickly. 98% AU Family here, but that thing is a guaranteed target for taggers.

Date:   7/20/2010 10:13:48 PM

I went by the water tower today, and the reward sign was no longer up.

Name:   MMulligan - Email Member
Date:   7/30/2010 12:11:49 PM

I drive past this tower on the way to the lake, and the more I found out about this situation, the more it bothered me.

It bothered me that these kids would insult others, but I didn't see anything like that. It looks like just a few teenagers were stupid enough to write their names and draw some animals. None of it looked like mean-spirited vandalism. There were sea horses and alligators, but I didn't see any insults.

What bothered me more, is it looks like they found out who did it, and now they are making them spend tens of thousands of dollars to repaint the entire water tower, and not just painting over the spray painted part.

I'm all for making the kids paint over it in the hot sun over a few days, but the punishment here doesn't seem to fit the crime.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town