Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Subject:   Are We Surprised?
Date:   1/14/2011 4:52:00 PM

·     90 girls who attend Frayser High School in Memphis are now pregnant or have already had a baby this school year (What about all the sex education dollars)

·     Ron Reagan: Dad Had Alzheimer's as President (Just think what he would have accomplished being 100%)

·     Russia buying  5 to 10% of BP shares???????

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   1/14/2011 5:32:29 PM

Didn't you post the other day that 41% of all pregnancies are aborted?  How big of a population is the high school that 90 girls are pregnant or have given birth?  Instead of sex education, maybe they should hand out birth control.  Bet that would get a lot of dander up. 

I have read that after Reagan was shot, he failed a great deal both mentally and physically.  It's entirely likely that he had alzheimers when he was in the WH, particularly during his 2nd term.  So the question is -- who was running the WH? 

Name:   MAJ USA RET - Email Member
Date:   1/14/2011 6:06:57 PM

(X – 0.41X) = 90

X = 153 pregnancies

0.41X = 63 abortions

0.59X = 90 born, awaiting birth… or awaiting abortion

1 in 4 teens (25%) have HSV2 (genital herpes)

By the time they reach age 19, seven in 10 never-married teens have engaged in sexual intercourse.

“Oh! My daughter (son) doesn’t do that.”

Surprised?

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Date:   1/14/2011 6:17:12 PM

I think the abortion thing was in New York and not Memphis. 

I wonder what Mike Reagan has to say about this and whether it is actually true.  I have read a lot of Reagan's writings, including his diary, from after the shooting, late in his Presidency and after he left office and unless someone forged his handwriting he seemed very sharp and on top of things after he left office.  I also don't think anyone can state definitely when he "had" Alzheimers.  The question would be when the symptoms became apparent and then how quickly he degraded.  Given my experience with floks that had the disease there is a lot of variability in how quickly they deteriorate.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Two Parts To The Story
Date:   1/14/2011 8:34:04 PM

In a share swap under the partnership agreement, the state-owned Rosneft would hold a 5 percent stake in BP while BP would hold 9.5 percent of Rosneft. The deal is worth about $7.8 billion.

Date:   1/14/2011 9:30:59 PM

I saw the news on this Reagan thing tonight.  Turns out this is all speculation by the son that was the ballet dancer and is now some sort of commentator.   So who knows if it is true or not.  According to Reagan's Drs. they did not detect Alzheimers while he was in the WH.  The first it was detected was when he was thrown from a horse 6 months after he left the WH. 

I think it is possible he had the very early stages in the WH.  If they didn't test him for it, I'm sure they wouldn't have known.  As some of us know all too well, the aging process can have a negative impact on our memories (CRS) and our ability to remember why we walked into the room or what we were going to say, with no Alzheimers involved. 

My experience is the same as yours.  Drs.can't predict how quickly or slowly an individual's disease will progress. 

Date:   1/14/2011 9:31:56 PM

I'm not surprised.  Most parents have no idea what their kids are really doing. 

Name:   alahusker - Email Member
Subject:   Well??
Date:   1/14/2011 9:50:18 PM

Was President Reagan a good president or not?  More efffective than President Carter, more wholesome than President Clinton??  He was certainly a better orator than President George W  Bush, but what the hey.. 

Name:   Tall Cotton - Email Member
Date:   1/14/2011 11:20:34 PM

My wife has a full time position going to the homes of students who can't attend school for medical reasons.  Her case load is 10 and at any given time 4-6 will be maternity leave cases.  There are two such positions in this county of about 50,000.  It's a sad comentary on our times.

Date:   1/15/2011 7:51:51 AM

It would not surprise me given his age but the early symptoms of Alzheimers are the same as the degraded mental capacity the vast majority of us will experience as we grow older.  Its just the degradation continues and can quicken over time.  More than likely his behavior was no different than most men his age so they would not have recognized any symptoms.

I tried to refrain from stating that Ron Reagan is an obscure left wing commentator (after his failed career as a dancer) frequently critical of his father's politics.  Apparently they had a very difficult relationship, unlike the one he had with his adopted son Mike Reagan.  That he would resort to this claim probably says more about him than anything else.....but he is getting more attention than he has in many years so maybe its Mission Accomplished!

Subject:   Well??
Date:   1/15/2011 5:35:32 PM

I think he was a good President.  If he did nothing else, he restored dignity and optimism to the US at a time when it was badly needed in this country.  He made people feel good about being Americans again, after the Iran hostage situation. 
He was the right man at the right time. 

Date:   1/15/2011 5:38:19 PM

I agree it's sad, but it's the way it is.  Personally, I'd rather see them hand out birth control at school.  I think it makes a lot more sense that pregnant teenagers. 

Date:   1/15/2011 10:05:31 PM

Actually what is sad is that birth control is more available today than it ever was and yet we have a greater problem with out of wedlock births than ever.  A lady named Janet Smith has a great CD called "Contraception, Why Not" that explains this in great detail.  Birth control is not the answer because it does not address the problem.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   1/15/2011 10:37:23 PM

The problem is that we as a society have basically lost our way and said its OK to do whatever feels good.  We have lost our moral convictions, and are not teaching our kids the right way to act and then expecting...demanding that they act that way.  We certainly haven't led by example.  Just look at the divorce rate.  Marriage ain't no big whup, just change spouses as if they were underwear.  That is if the spouses decide to get married at all.  Also look at what we deem acceptable on television and in the movies.  Not exactly something to stand up and be proud of. 

When I was growing up I felt like the US just wouldn't go the way of previous great civilizations like the Roman Empire.  But we, like they did, are rotting from within and unless we come to our senses and turn things around we will implode just like they did.

Subject:   If My People
Date:   1/16/2011 10:09:56 AM

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

- 2 Chronicles 7:14

Date:   1/16/2011 10:10:17 AM

I struggle with this.  On one hand, I totally agree with you.  But, I also have a nagging feeling that our moral convictions of the past were something of a smokescreen.  Is it morally better to be forced into a marriage because of pregnancy?  Or to have pregnancy hidden away (ie.sending pregnant teenagers off to a home for unwed mothers and forcing adoption?) Or to stay in a marriage that is really bad, perhaps abusive, for the sake of not getting a divorce?  I struggle with this.

I do definitely agree that people do give up on the marriages and exchange partners like it is of no consequence.  It's a lot of work to have a good marriage and one has to take the hard times with the good times.  Part of it is that so many women have their own income and an amount of financial independence, people no longer see a reason to tough it out.  Particuliarly with the advent of "no fault" divorces. 

With regard to the out of wedlock births, people used to get married at a much younger age.  There was a time when women married routinely at age 16-18.  The majority of people didn't go to college, so they married younger. That took care of the raging hormone problem. 

And then there is that sex is out there.  On TV, movies, you can't pick up a magazine without seeing an article about sexy or sex.  (something you would never have seen in my Grandmother's McCalls or Ladies Home Journal). 

Date:   1/16/2011 10:36:10 AM

A “man” can walk away from an illegitimate child resulting from his two minutes of pleasure.  Sometimes he may, because his paternity is proven, be saddled with the annoyance of child support. 

But, a woman can NEVER walk away from her child.  She may, in rare cases, put down distance… but that child is always hers and is inseparable from her heart.  For the sake of maternity, she is obligated to 18+ years of sacrifice... or despair. 

The man is legally obligated for 18 years of inconvenience. 

The advent of promiscuity and the decline of the sacred family has desecrated society, morality, and self esteem.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town