Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Subject:   Finally, A Governor With Backbone
Date:   1/15/2011 6:54:50 PM

Is it not great that a public official cannot be blackmailed by the NAACP!

Maine governor to NAACP: 'Kiss my butt'

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   1/15/2011 9:29:10 PM

I love it!!  Of course, I don't think Maine is a state with a large Af-Amer population. 

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Date:   1/15/2011 10:07:08 PM

It should be the NAALCP.......the "L" being liberal........conservative colored people are not allowed.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   Hey Bruce,
Date:   1/15/2011 10:15:54 PM (updated 1/15/2011 10:20:53 PM)

What is wrong with the "inappropriate content" filter?  I type a post, try to post and if there is (apparently) something offensive all I get is a white screen with a small header in the upper left that I surmise to be the inappropriate content notification.  Problem is I can't get back to the post to figure out what was offensive, and thus lose the whole thing.  With my typing non-skills that process could be measured in eons.

I don't mind being PC, but at least let me correct whatever I did so I don't lose the whole post.

And is there a dictionary somewhere that we can consult so we will know what to avoid in the future?

Nasreddin Hodja

Date:   1/15/2011 10:26:35 PM

I heard the interview on radio the other day.  The NAACP was hassling him because he was going to a prison to see disadvantaged prisoners.  NAACP wanted him to only see black prisoners, saying that he wasn't being balanced or something like that.  He said that if they wanted to see racial balance to just look at his family (he has a black son).  Then he indeed uttered those words with regard to the NAACP.

Now I hope THIS post makes it past the forum PC (aka "inappropriate content")  Naizs!!  The first time I tried something tripped the IC trigger and I lost the whole thing.

Nasreddin Hodja

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Hey Hodgieeee
Date:   1/15/2011 11:17:11 PM

I just tried to post using a word that I knew would not fly. The screen went white and I hit the back arrow on my Apple and it took me back to the screen as I typed it. All I had to do was delete the word and send this. No need to retype what was typed. Give it a try. Maybe, you need to post on a more liberal forum where your words of wisdom would not be edited. I believe there is one titled ACLU Forum.

Subject:   Hey Hodgieeee
Date:   1/16/2011 7:58:44 AM

Hey Goofie, why don't you answer my emails?

Subject:   I want to know
Date:   1/16/2011 9:46:33 AM

Why MM, do you insist on making everything that happens related to politics?  Liberal/conservative.  You need to get out more. 

Date:   1/16/2011 9:49:42 AM

I heard that it was because they wanted him to attend a MLK memorial event and he refused, since he was committed to something else.  And they harrassed him about it.  I never heard the thing about the prison visit. 

Subject:   Huh?!?!?
Date:   1/16/2011 11:50:07 AM

Gee Hound......a political group attacking a politician and I am the one making it political?!?!?!  Do you think the NAACP would be attacking him if he were a Demoncrat?  C'mon Hound, you don't actually think the NAACP is anythinmg other than a political organization?.....if you do, then you need to get out more.......

Subject:   On further reflection...
Date:   1/16/2011 9:29:46 PM

I get it.....you actually think the NAALCP is an organization dedicated to the advancement of all colored folks and is not a political organization.....I guess that explains why their leadership is filled with conservative blacks like....uh...well....um....actually there are none.  But they do endorse any black politician regardless of whether they are a Dem or Republican like Allen West....well, no, they actually opposed him.....I know, Herman Cain....nope, didn't like him either...Micheal Steele...nope, Allen Keyes....uh, uh......  I could go on but I think even you might get the drift.  The NAALCP is an arm of the Demoncrat party and has been for over 30 years.  They are a political organization and this was a political move not started by me.....

Subject:   But this particular time
Date:   1/17/2011 7:37:12 AM

I don't think they are making a political statement.  I think they are actually upset because they perceive the Governor is dissing black people on MLK's birthday.  Not saying that they won't try to use this politically on down the road, but I don't think Maine is a black-centric state. 

Subject:   I don't think so......
Date:   1/17/2011 9:26:59 AM

C'mon Hound, are you really that naive?  Even if I give them the benefit of the doubt and they actually were not trying to score political points it is still completely reasonable for me to assume otherwise.  The NAALCP is a political organization, period, and has been for the last 25 years at least.  That their origin was a noble cause is currently meaningless and to assume anything other is to live by the exception and not the rule.  I will live by the rule until they surprise me and do something exceptional.  This whole episode smacks of politics to me........

Date:   1/17/2011 9:43:50 AM (updated 1/17/2011 10:02:41 AM)

Indeed that is the main focus...wondering if I had hallucinated about the prison part, I searched and found - in the Huffington Post of all places - the prison reference.  Apparently the NAACP invited him to go to the prison to visit black inmates and he said if he went to the prison he would visit all inmates.  I've attached the link.

URL: HuffPo on LePage

Subject:   Whatever
Date:   1/17/2011 12:03:28 PM

No, I don't think so, but I don't care enough to debate it. 

I'm just glad the governor stood up for himself.

Subject:   Whatever
Date:   1/17/2011 12:53:56 PM

Me too and its really not something we can debate anyway because neither of us really knows.  I guess we just have to agree to disagree on their motivations.  It just bothered me that you called me out for making it political when I saw it as nothing but political given the circumstances and the players in the drama.......nuff said on the topic.

Subject:   After all this, he caved
Date:   1/17/2011 2:50:45 PM

and attended a MLK observation hosted by a Rotary Club. 

BTW, I have no problem with MLK as a national observation or with attending observations; but, it should be an individual choice and not under pressure or threat.

Subject:   Ahh politics..........
Date:   1/17/2011 3:56:31 PM

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us