Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   The Way It Should Be
Date:   4/11/2011 4:12:45 PM

People being rewarded for effort, performance, and initiative.  Check this out.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/04/08/undercover-boss-david-kim-tries-to-be-baja-fresh/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%7C55357

URL: Baja Fresh Undercover Boss

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   4/11/2011 5:08:54 PM

Pretty cool.

Name:   muddauber - Email Member
Date:   4/11/2011 8:52:56 PM

Saw last part of the show last nite.  I take it the bosses that agreee to go on that show are serious about improving their companies.  Great to see this happening.

Date:   4/11/2011 9:31:17 PM

And just to think.....without any "assistance" from the Government whatsoever.

Hound, you have at times accused me of wanting it to go back the way it used to be.  This is the part of "used to be" that I would like for us to go back to.  Rewards based on performance, not some physical trait or socio-economic class.  Earned rewards.

And I am not talking about the ones who fall into the category of "they would if they could but they can't".  As concerned humans (Christian, Jew, Hindu, even Moslem) we make sure they are cared for.  Its the ones who "could if they would but they won't" that we need to send packing.

Off my soapbox.  Hope everyone makes it through the current round of storms intact.

NH

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Earned Rewards
Date:   4/12/2011 9:13:59 AM

I agree with you that earned rewards are wonderful. I wonder how/if those people would have gotten those rewards if the boss had not participated in the TV show? I'm not being cynical here, but I really wonder. I will be the first to tell you in my experience, the government annual bonus program is a joke. But, I had amazing success with two things that I found surprising. One is the "on the spot" award, which is a $500 award. After taxes and other dedutions, people get about $250, but the effect on morale was huge. Given for a specific accomplishment. The other program I started was merely a certificate -- called the "results not excuses" award. Along the lines of the "catch them doing something right" management. I'm curious to hear others talk about "earned rewards" programs that they have.

Subject:   Earned Rewards
Date:   4/12/2011 9:24:00 AM

Good point about the TV show.  With such a "feel good" ending it certainly didn't hurt the company's image.  Of course we will never know if the same would have come to those employees had there not been the TV exposure.  I would hope so.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town