Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   gulfportgal - Email Member
Subject:   Lost Dogs
Date:   4/23/2011 1:03:36 PM

All,

Lost this morning while walking at Maxwell Gunter Recreation Area: 2 bloodhounds. 1 red, 1 liver and tan. If you see these dogs please call 228-209-2959 or 228-209-0124. Red is small, 70 lbs. Liver and tan is 95 lbs. As with everyone that owns animals, both of these girls are part of our family. We read about this all the time on the forum. They don't have tags on. One has a denim blue collar with a red harness, the other has a red collar with a black demi harness.

Thank you,
Karen Rivera

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   4/23/2011 3:17:17 PM

Are they micro-chipped, just in case they show up at a shelter or vet. I hope you find them.

Date:   4/23/2011 4:09:11 PM

Happy ending this time. Both found.

Name:   BigFoot - Email Member
Date:   4/23/2011 4:13:43 PM

..so glad you have them back..

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   4/23/2011 5:58:39 PM

Glad you found them! We like a happy ending.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   4/23/2011 8:59:57 PM

So glad the dogs were found and reunited. Aren't you required to have a rabies tag on your dog in Alabama? They have the vet name and a code for recovery. I can't believe when people post they lost their loved pet with no collar and are lookiing for sympathy.

Name:   roswellric - Email Member
Subject:   Gulfport's Lost Dogs
Date:   4/24/2011 1:39:46 PM

It's a mystery to me too. There was not much common sense at work here. Hounds obviously are scent dogs to begin with and should not be let out with no tags. I would suggest to Gulfport she read up on her breed. I am really happy they are found as they would probably not have had a good ending roming around. Maybe a good wake-up call. Good luck GG!!

URL: Good place to start...

Date:   4/26/2011 1:29:13 PM

I wasn't looking for sympathy for me or my beloved pets. I am the one that would have to live with myself had I not gotten my dogs back. What really makes me feel stupid though is posting on this forum and thinking I might get some help. I won't make that mistake again.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   GPG
Date:   4/26/2011 1:47:01 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight (couldn't resist), and the group may be a bit strident in their comments about ID.  Maybe  the point to take away is that the prudent action to take anytime anyone brings pets to the lake is to ensure they have some sort of ID that would allow a "finder" to get them back to their owner. 

Some of the folks here can be a wee bit less than diplomatic in their approach, but I think their heart is in the right place.

In any case I am thrilled you and your dogs have been reunited.

From waaaaay on the other side of the lake,

Nasreddin Hodja

Name:   lamont - Email Member
Subject:   Wow
Date:   4/26/2011 2:04:10 PM

Don't take it personal GPG. The members of this board make a good point. Take their advice and do as I did...... micro-chip your dog. Problem solved. Their advice is NOT mean spirited and you may find it most useful the next time your dog gets adventurous.

Name:   Kizma Anuice - Email Member
Date:   4/26/2011 5:06:00 PM

everybody who posts here is not an Atlanta Yankee.

Name:   alahusker - Email Member
Date:   4/26/2011 8:12:46 PM

This mean spirited conservative finds the liberal GF's response somewhat insensitive...  Actually, I missed her post as 'looking for sympathy.'  Appeared to me she was simply looking for her dogs..  Granted , letting hounds lose on the lake is not a good idea, I have some experience here..  (pulled an emanciated hound from an abandonded 8' deep well on Youngs Island several years ago..)   Suspect GPG is a member of a military family visiting Lake Martin.  I'm very happy she has her dogs back and hope she does not judge all of Lake people as condesending jerks.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   4/26/2011 11:09:38 PM

I was not trying to suggest Gulfportgal was seeking sympathy cause she wasn't. Rather, it was meant as a general statement about those who do post about losing a beloved pet with no collar. Last year, I had to have my lab who was 16 euthanized. Damn, I still shed tears when I look at her ashes. I am an active supporter of our Humane Society and see lovable pets that have been abandoned. I see people who let their pets out to roam the neighborhood to do their business and then keep wandering. Owners drive by and ask have you seen .... I respond no but I will call the number on the collar. Oh, there is no collar. I have little sympathy for people who let their dogs off the leash without a tag. As to using the forum for a lost pet, it can be a great source of help.

Name:   Ulysses E. McGill - Email Member
Date:   4/26/2011 11:50:22 PM

don't let a few unwarranted comments prevent you from doing everything possible when you need help.....getting the information out when you need help is the most important thing. Glad it all worked out.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town