Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Angry First Lady?
Date:   10/31/2011 11:32:56 AM

Read it this morning. When you have no class, you act classless, when you have no scruples, you behave in an unscrupulous manner, etc. Michelle is just one of a great many libtards that think they are entitled and when threatened will lash out and blame and demonize everyone else. I can't wait to hear what she says if Herman Cain ends up on the ballot. It will be vile and ugly for sure. So I can understand her but what has always mystified me is why these guilty, white rich liberals sit there and listen to that nonsense and actually convince themselves she isn't talking about them. Talk about useful idiots. I can only imagine her walking out of the room and marveling at the fact that she can come into their homes, insult them and they cheer for her. She must be amazed that they so lack any awareness that they don't realize she is talking about them. No wonder Churchill said if you are older and not a conservative you have no brains......

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   11/1/2011 4:49:47 PM

As much as I admired Laura Bush, not all wives are willing to sit in the background. Michelle Obama is her own person, she is well educated and she obviously has her own opinions. For those of you who claim to believe in Free Speech, why do you condemn her for speaking her beliefs. You don't have to agree with them, but at least defend her right to speak. I don't think she is the first woman to not like living as the First Lady. I'll bet if you could take a private poll of former First Ladies, most would say they didn't enjoy it. It's a very restrictive life for women that are used to having the freedom to come and go as they please. And before you attack me, I don't necessarily agree with, or even especially like Michelle Obama. But, I defend her right to be her own person.

Date:   11/1/2011 10:05:05 PM

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and your right to express it. She just should be afforded the same right.

Date:   11/2/2011 11:17:40 AM

Hound, of course she has a right to express her opinion. But just because she has a right it doesn't make it right. This is yet another example of the left's coarsening of America. So do we let Michelle redefine the role of first lady? Apparently you are OK with it while many of us are not. I just hope you will be as open minded when a GOP candidate's wife is a partisan shrew like Michelle. I can assure you the government media will not..........

Date:   11/2/2011 11:42:23 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by allowing Michelle Obama to "redefine" First Lady. You recall that Barbara Bush was pretty outspoken and continued to be, even after she left the WH. Nancy Reagan had quite a reputation too. Hilary could be outspoken. I'm just in favor of letting the First Lady be who she is. If she wants to speak out, then why not? If she is more comfortable in the background, that should be okay too. I don't think Michelle is a shrew -- just because you don't agree with her, doesn't make her a shrew. Since you have nothing good to say about her husband, I don't think it is surprising that you wouldn't agree with her either.

Date:   11/2/2011 11:46:10 AM

And what exactly do you mean by the "coarsening"? I don't think this has anything to do with the left or right -- it's Americans themselves that have "coarsened" America. Just listen to the way people talk -- so many people can't say a whole sentence without dropping the "f" bomb. People don't have manners like they used to; they don't observe etiquette or other social mores.. heck, they wear blue jeans and shorts to funerals and weddings... It's not the left that has coarsened America. Just look around.

Date:   11/2/2011 1:10:21 PM

Please find for me a quote by either Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan to is equivalent to being proud of America for the first time because they voted for her worthless husband. Or America is downright mean. Or my husband can be shot going to the gas station just because he is black. I don't think you will find that any one of these fine women hates America the way Michelle does. As for your question about who is coarsening America. Just look at the difference between the Tea Party gatherings and the OWS crowds and you will have your answer. There have been robberies, rapes, drug abuse, defecation in public, assault of police officers, vandalism and so on. All thoroughly documented. Tea Party events are a peaceful gathering where they are properly permitted and clean up after the event is over. No drugs, no crime, no fear, etc. This is but one of thousands of examples I could provide you but I doubt they will change your mind. For some reason you feel it necessary to stick up for the looney left.....

Date:   11/2/2011 5:17:01 PM

Well, since neither of their husbands were black, I doubt I could find a similar quote. Did you ever stop to think that as white people, we really don't have the same frame of reference to what her American experience has been? Whether you agreed with his election or his ideas or even liked the man, it was a big deal that Obama was elected -- 40 years ago it wouldn't have been possible, simply because he is a black man (or half black if you want to split hairs). I think what you are hearing her say reflects her experiences. She didn't insist that they were the same as every other American. Just as your and my experiences growing up outside the South are very different from someone who grew up here. I still don't have a problem with her expressing her views, as long as she owns them as hers. What am I missing about this free speech thing? Does it not apply to everyone? I'm not ready to compare the tea party to the Occupy groups, because I have no idea what the real make up of the Occupy groups are. But perhaps it is not the political thought behind them that makes them behave differently, but rather the average age of the people participating. I'm sure there is quite a divide there. You may recall that there were some ugly incidents early on with Tea Partiers, spitting on members of Congress and such. There are foul elements on both sides. My gut tells me that some of the people involved in Occupy are not at all political and maybe just like raising a little h_ll. I haven't noticed anyone on the left making excuses for them, other than to acknowledge that they are frustrated. Seems to me that the Tea Partiers are frustrated too. Maybe they have more in common that what is on the surface. I keep in the back of my mind that people said ugly things about the protesters during the Viet Nam era also. But, the question remains -- had there not been wide spread protests, would we have finally pulled out of VN and put an end to the madness?

Date:   11/2/2011 5:19:42 PM

Guess you can call her whatever you like, but she's still the First Lady. I suspect that future First Ladies will be more like her, so you better get used to it. You are not going to find too many women who are willing to stick to decorating and their charitable works and leave the politics to the "boys" (as much as some men might prefer that).

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Subject:   Just the facts m'am!
Date:   11/2/2011 5:40:12 PM

The spitting incident was totally discredited by numerous videos. jus' sayin......

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   11/2/2011 10:12:50 PM (updated 11/2/2011 10:15:15 PM)

The difference between the Tea Partiers and the Occupy protesters is the Tea Party has a consistent theme of less Government and taxes, and at the end of their protests they return to their jobs or their families.  The OWS type are just protesting to protest.  They think they have a common enemy in Wall Street but they are so misguided.  The very things they protest about, corporate greed, and so forth, produce the products they use on a daily basis.  I wonder if they have a clue as to just how many billions Apple has in their coffers, yet they are slaves to their IPads, IPhones, and IPods.  Hmmmm Jobs Plantation...has a ring to it except that the poor guy met a far too early demise. 

I fear that the liberals are playing with fire by urging these demonstraters on.  Could bring on true anarchy, and then even the Dems will be targets....the mob mentality takes over and the overriding desire is to destroy and kill anything in sight, and the mob doesn't care, they just attack.

Best be checking the ammo supply and going to the range to practice up....just in case...

Date:   11/3/2011 12:45:20 PM

I'm torn on it. On one hand, I support their right to free speech and the right to assembly. On the other hand, I'm not sure they know how they will define "success"? I'm not too worried about the mob mentality taking over and killing beginning. Don't forget that this is a generation of people for whom everything has always been arranged and everyone's self esteem has been protected. I suspect the vast majority are middle class young adults who are frustrated with their student loans and lack of job opportunities. I'm not sure that the Democratic support for these demonstrations is widespread -- any more than the sum total of the Right embracing the Tea Party.

Date:   11/4/2011 4:08:05 PM

Hound, the one and only "ugly" incident at a Tea Party rally was one bigot with a nasty sign and he was roundly booed and marginalized. The spitting incident was an outright lie and so far no one has come forward to claim the $100,000 reward that Andrew Breitbart offered for evidence it ever happened. Why? Because it never happened. It was a lie. But because you get your news from the government media you would never know that and you simply go around repeating a lie as if its true. As for the OWS, your views are even further proof of where you get your information. They are people of all ages. They are nasty. They are smelly. They hate America. Regardless of their supposed grassroots origin (which I seriously doubt) there is no disputing they have been taken over by the likes of SEIU, ACORN, etc. And please don't give me that line about free speech. Of course they have the right to free speech. But that right doesn't extend to unlawful assembly (which they do), use of illegal substances (which they do), rape and molestation (which they do), theft (which they do), assaulting police officers (which they do), indecent exposure (which they do), trespassing (which they do), destruction of property (which they do), etc., etc., etc. Honestly Hound, I swear you just defend people on the left just to be contrary. I can't believe you don't believe in the rule of law and that it applies to every citizen. These dirtbag parasites on society certainly don't. They think they are above all that and that they are owed something by the productive in society. They need to go back into their parents basement or their halfway house or whatever and watch some more tv.

Subject:   And by the way
Date:   11/4/2011 4:10:55 PM

Are you saying their husbands have to be black to justify hating America?!? I don't get that...... He comment about Oblamer getting shot going to the gas station was but one of many objectionable things she has said. How about the other nasty comments? Find anything yet?...............nothing?..................still waiting...............

Date:   11/4/2011 4:12:48 PM

One thing for sure is the leadership of the Democrat party is highly supportive. Let me know if you want the quotes from them and I will oblige. And I can tell you that conservatives are highly supportive of the Tea Party and for good reason.

Subject:   Goodness MM
Date:   11/5/2011 6:19:17 PM

You never miss an opportunity to over-react. I'm not sure what source you are getting your information from, but I would suspect it's not the most balanced source. Yes, not everyone in the OWS are young people, but as far as your other allegations, how can you be sure? I suspect this is something you just read or have heard. Because I sincerely doubt you have gone up there to have a look. So it just may be something your "sources" are making up. And I don't believe for a minute that all of the party leaders support either movement -- only to the extent they have to for the base. With Michelle Bachman as the Tea Party Caucus leader, I haven't noticed the leadership of the Republican party embracing her. (and wisely so).

Subject:   You're kidding, right?
Date:   11/6/2011 10:24:03 AM

I actually watch the news.  Do a google search for criminal acts at OWS events and it will fill pages.  I suppose all the police officers that have arrested people, all the videos, all the eye witness accounts, all the newspaper and tv stories could all be wrong, false and misleading or maybe...just maybe, you might be wrong again.......

I go for the latter explanation myself but you do whatever.......

Subject:   You're kidding, right?
Date:   11/6/2011 1:02:45 PM

You know what? I don't really care. Don't care if they Occupy or not. I expect they will be arrested if they are doing something illegal. As far as the dirty/smelly part -- well, a lot of people stink. Just get in line at Walmart one day.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town