Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Obama collecting Republican email addresses
Date:   12/14/2011 11:56:15 AM

The Obama administration is asking its minions to provide them with email addresses of Republicans. Does anyone believe the stated reason? I do not and frankly it is chilling to me that the POTUS is asking people to provide information that a private citizen may not want reported to them. This reminds me of the website they created to report on things being said about the Teleprompter in Chief. If you think this is much ado about nothing you underestimate the left and this administration. Frankly, if any of my liberal friends provide my email to them they will be an ex friend in a heart beat. I would feel the same way if they intentionally provided it to a spammer as well.

Name:   Barneget - Email Member
Date:   12/14/2011 12:30:35 PM

Read the post at white house dossier, they are also soliciting r mailing addresses. My inbox is limited to approved senders, and junk mail gets returned with a batch of other unsolicited c rap. As for sinister motives, it fits. MRE's, tissue, water, and dry powder.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Well
Date:   12/14/2011 1:25:20 PM

Who gave Newt my phone number? He called last night, but I hung up on him. If you goggle yourself, you'll find out that there is a website that anyone can find out anything about you, for as little as $2.95, including your estimated net worth. I do think you are a little paranoid about this. In fact, I wonder if it is true. Seem to me that this particular rumor went around once before.

Name:   Barneget - Email Member
Date:   12/14/2011 5:48:32 PM

Went though email address book and realized I don't associate, at that level, with the intellectually challenged dumazzez that put the zer0 in office. And, although by law, gummint email is not considered spam, any mail from the campaigns can be, and are subject to electronic bulk mailing regulation. Give us a chance to get Axelrod and/or Debbie Watsamatta Schmutz violating these regs.......

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Well
Date:   12/15/2011 10:27:57 AM

What to me is chilling is the POTUS is asking for people to provide this information. This is not some data mining company. And by the way, what you may be referring to was the administration's website where they asked Americans to report other Americans for saying or writing things critical of Obama. This is a pattern and not a one-off event.

Date:   12/15/2011 8:11:42 PM

I happen to be a registered Republican. So I wonder why no one has contacted me to get my email? I always hear that this or that is being done by the WH to collect on Republicans... but no one ever contacts me or anyone I know. And I'd happily give them my email, address, phone number.. anything they needed. Apparently Newt already has my phone number.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   12/15/2011 9:46:08 PM

Don't feel so "special".  Ever hear of war dialers?

Date:   12/16/2011 12:05:53 AM

Yeah, I've heard of it. I just thought it was funny, considering how I feel about Newt. It's going to be a long election season I fear. I just wish they wouldn't call at dinner time.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   12/16/2011 8:18:16 AM

If your phone rings, you pick it up, and there is dead silence for a second or two most likely it is a war dialer.  They just step through the numbers and when they detect that the phone has been answered they start their pre-recorded spiel.

Of course these days I would imagine there are real names and real phone number lists for sale - maybe even sorted by zip code and median incomes for those zip codes or other demographics.  There definitely is a down side to the information age.

Cheers.....hope Newty leaves you alone....:>)

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town