Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   Ever Ready - Email Member
Subject:   Lake Martin Forum Abuse
Date:   5/22/2012 9:48:11 AM

Having read the many post on this forum for several years, it occurs to me that several users find it amusing to create a public discussion for things that are not of any real value to most of us. When I look at the topics offered by the forum I don't see  "PERSONAL MESSAGE" listed. Many of us are truly interested in those topics that are listed but find the postings of  those who are not talking about LAKE MARTIN issues to be shallow and of little real value to anyone. We have seen displays of petty jealousy for those who have wealth, we have endured group conversatons with sexual undertones and  offensive language disquised as humor. This is a great part of the world and the FORUMs offer all of us an opportunity to share meaningful information, not bash or trash up the neighborhood with personal junk. 

Name:   Summer Lover - Email Member
Subject:   Like Ripley's says
Date:   5/22/2012 10:39:59 AM

Believe it or not, there have been many relationships - both personal and business - built through forum contacts. The forum can be used to transfer knowledge, or for fun. Are there personal attacks at times - yes - but I think most adults have skin that is a little thicker than some people may have. If you want information, just ask - you will likely get the answer to your question - if you just want to jump in and play - come and join us. Just remember, bring your own beer and shovel. :-)

Name:   Kizma Anuice - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 11:20:45 AM

"offensive language disquised as humor"  WTF?

could you have meant "humor disguised as offensive language?"  I thought offensive language was blocked.

Name:   lakeguy - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 12:03:22 PM

amen

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 12:11:20 PM

Ever Ready, you are correct but this is a Forum that has evolved over the years. There have been 84,900 posts under the Lake Martin Topic which indicates that the current format has been successful. If you are disturbed by specific posters, there is an easy solution. Hit on their name and when it opens you will see that you can place an x to ignore them. That will eliminate posters who you find distasteful. Finally, although you only have 2 posts, you have been reading the Forum for years. Something has kept your interest. Use the ignore button and become a more active member and loosen up a little..

Name:   lakngulf - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 2:11:13 PM (updated 5/22/2012 2:16:16 PM)

LMAO.....I always thought this stood for Lake Martin Abuse Organization, aka forum posters.

From the posts here and the same folks on Facebook I have been humored, enlightened, encouraged, ridiculed, educated, flattered, and made proud to be a member of this group.  Lighten up a bit and enjoy. 

Name:   Ulysses E. McGill - Email Member
Subject:   Lake Martin Forum Use
Date:   5/22/2012 2:52:04 PM

In addition to good information, there have been many friendships made here and they are sometimes apparent in posts. I, like many, consider that a valuable part of this forum and I think Bruce (our webmaster and a personal friend) would agree. There are occasional posts that push the limits of civility, but overall they are few and far between.....this was a much larger problem prior to 2004 (when Bruce started requiring registration). After instituting registration, there have been a few outbreaks of misconduct, but they were handled well; abuse today is very limited as most of us see it. If there are a few posters that continue to annoy you, I agree that the ignore function is your best recourse.

This forum has evolved into a very good social and information site. Both are what keeps people coming back, and hits on the site are what keep things running by providing income for Bruce. We also have a private facebook page for forum members...to join, one must be willing to share personal information, location, and their forum alias. we currently have 77 members and many are frequent posters here; many also socialize frequently on beautiful Lake Martin.

Name:   Crimson4Lif - Email Member
Subject:   Sounds like.....
Date:   5/22/2012 3:26:20 PM

Ever Ready needs to go to the ho hangout and get a pink bunny and become an energizer....pop a top or tab and lighten up.  Of all things to complain about we choose to get upset because of the way someone posts on a forum.  Talk about being in a wod....geez....

You sure you're not kin to Kizma?

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 3:36:59 PM

If you think this forum is bad, come on  over to the Off-Topic forum and we'll show you a really good time!!

Date:   5/22/2012 3:51:45 PM

Amen brother!!!!!!!!

Name:   Witt E - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 4:07:30 PM

I think I know who signs his paycheck.

Subject:   Got that right...
Date:   5/22/2012 4:14:31 PM

In a "tough love/prison rape" kinda way...

Subject:   oops
Date:   5/22/2012 4:38:14 PM

This was supposed to go under ER's post.

Date:   5/22/2012 5:06:54 PM

Under his post???? By the way - did you ever find that bacteria that was hiding under your dock?

Name:   CAT BOAT - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 5:22:15 PM

It's that nasty cookin' he is doin' and throwin' it in the water.

Name:   CAT BOAT - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 5:24:18 PM

No, thats "In a Talladega, NASCAR pile up kinda way".  My CATBOAT is in the slip.  Imma take me a ride just about rite now. 

Subject:   LMAO.....(thats for you, L&G)
Date:   5/22/2012 5:44:25 PM

Steve, you're overflowing with that jealousy ER was talkin' about.......common over and get some real food and you won't be so grumpy.

Date:   5/22/2012 8:06:41 PM

You're both correct......

Name:   Barneget - Email Member
Subject:   2posts -4
Date:   5/22/2012 9:55:12 PM

Holy crappola, KA may see some competition here.

Name:   lakeplumber - Email Member
Date:   5/22/2012 10:13:23 PM

You can always tell who the sick kid in the class is, he pukes.

Subject:   Blame It On Ever Ready
Date:   5/22/2012 10:36:01 PM

Ever Ready, see what you started? This abusive thread is all your fault.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online