Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   greycove - Email Member
Subject:   Well...the morning after...
Date:   11/7/2012 9:54:44 AM

About half the nation feels they won and the other half feel they loss.  This was a very close election.  It was so close that it came down to not a state here and there, but to a few counties in the Orlando area.  The Republicans failed to address the growing diversity of voters in 2012.  The Democrats seemed to realize this diversity, and wisely focused their campaign on just a few states.

The Republicans had an excellent chance of winning the Senate, but likely nominated candidates who were too far to the right.  The nation is not far right or far left.  BOTH parties must not drift too far from the center or they will pay a price.

If your candidate loss, where does your party go from here?

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Beautifully and reasonable stated,
Date:   11/7/2012 10:09:58 AM (updated 11/7/2012 10:11:30 AM)

but don't expect many on this forum to grasp your wise analysis and implied counsel.  Hopefully the leaders of both Parties will.

Name:   Samdog - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 10:56:09 AM

Over 50% of the voters polled say they are not happy with the direction the country is going and not pleased with the current state of affairs. I don't see much of a change.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Your conclusion makes no sense
Date:   11/7/2012 12:16:11 PM

Almost half of the voters rejected far left ideology. Because of the sorry state of our education system and the over the top support from the sycophantic govt media a certain percentage of those that supported TOTUS would not have done so had the media treated him the way they treated...say George Bush. To see it any other way is to be blind to the truth. In fact, what the GOP needs to do is to nominate a true fiscal and social conservative in the mold of Reagan and Romney was not that man which is why I did not support him in the primaries. That he would have done an infinitely better job than Oblamer is in my opinion indisputable. And over 56 million agreed with me......but unfortunately more did not.

Name:   alabound - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 12:43:02 PM

I just don't know. I think the floodgate will be open on our boarders and my party will never win another election on a national level!

Name:   alabound - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 12:46:28 PM

The funny part is, the fools in NE Ohio and Orlando will not see payback this time. The unionites are used over and over again and they only get visits and promises during elections. USED again!

Subject:   Your conclusion makes no sense
Date:   11/7/2012 12:53:00 PM (updated 11/7/2012 12:57:24 PM)

For heaven sake THINK for a change man.  "Almost half" of the voters rejected the "far left"  well duh...more than half  rejected the "far right". A few of us have enough sense to realize we are a middle of the road society (a few wander a little right and a few a little left but 65 to 75% of us dwell in the middle.  THINK and look at the results...it was the extreme right social and fiscal conservatives (Akin, Mourdoch. Ryan, West, Welch) that were shown the door yesterday!!  I know you can't see it because of your ideological blinders, but the winners on Nov 6, 2012 were moderation and compromise!!  I pray the leadership of both parties have the good sense and patriotism to recognize and embrace it.

Subject:   You really believe that?
Date:   11/7/2012 1:20:32 PM

You accuse me of not thinking but I have provided a detailed list of moderate GOP presidential candidates that lost, including Romney. And the ones that won espoused social and fiscal conservative values won and were reelected. And if think Obama is some sort of moderate you have had your head right up your backside for the last four years. He is a far left radical and because the govt media was totally in the tank for him and our govt education system has failed us he was able to convince enough people to give him a pass on his miserable record. This is affirmative action in the White House that someone that has been objectively a failure in almost every aspect of his presidency is given another chance. At least I give you and the rest of the left wing nuts credit, you want him to destroy America. Those that are so ill informed or more likely greedy for all the goodies that Obama has given them are the ones that I am speaking to. But here's a news flash for you left wing nuts, I am not going to pay more in taxes. I am going to evade them legally like the rich always do and the middle class will be screwed and have to pay for the next $5T in debt he is going to give us in the next four years.

Subject:   AMAZING!
Date:   11/7/2012 5:49:41 PM

Keep marching MM and lead your cohorts into political oblivion.  It was a good laugh knowing you and occasionly reading your high falutin non-sensical rants and the "me too, me too" posts of your unthinking followers.  The Lemmings are on the march!!

Name:   h_hob - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 7:17:09 PM

Crawl back into your hole, RAT.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 8:39:49 PM

And you need a dose of ExLax.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   11/7/2012 8:59:43 PM

You obviously have a problem with independent thinkers who come to the same conclusion.  I don't know MM from Adam and any similarities in our posts just means that we, all by our lonesome, happen to have come to the same conclusion.

Thomas Sowell had a piece in the print edition of the Montgomery Advertiser today that made me shudder.  I tried to find it in their on-line edition so I could provide the link, but to no avail. I will keep trying to find it as an on-line link, but everyone - liberal or conservative or libertarian, needs to read it.  Scary as hell, the powers that have been bestowed on a single individual. 

Date:   11/7/2012 9:33:16 PM

What is amazing is you state my post is nonsense with zero rational why. Typical libtard, no argument, just statements that are wrong and the smug self deception that you have actually said something of value. Hey Archie, why don't you go to the NYT and read their analysis of the election. They actually state the rather obvious to everyone but left wing nuts like you. The electorate actually moved to the right in this election, just not enough to dislodge TOTUS. Not my conclusion but the Gray Lady herself. You see Archie, because you are so ill informed you assume that every Democrat that won is a libtard like you. Fact is that a great many of them won because they espoused social and/or fiscal conservative beliefs. Not liberalsim or progressivism or whatever you call yourself. They moved toward the Tea Party in order to get elected. By why let facts, rational thought and their logical conclusion get in the way of a good delusion. Look it up if you have the guts and want your bubble burst. The Tea Party is on the rise and as states that embrace true conservative values continue to thrive while states dominated by left wing nuts enter 3rd status you will see an even bigger shift of Democrat politicians espousing beliefs closer to the Tea Partymthan your failed ideology.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town