Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   JTenn - Email Member
Subject:   Chuck's
Date:   8/4/2013 9:19:37 AM

Stopped by there yesterday around 2PM for a late lunch. 2 hour wait for a pizza,no thanks. You would think they would get more ovens.

Name:   Maverick - Email Member
Date:   8/4/2013 6:39:59 PM

Do what most folks do and call ahead and place order if a long wait.

Name:   mckaygmc - Email Member
Date:   8/4/2013 7:50:17 PM

Or come early...works for me anyway.

Name:   spyke420 - Email Member
Date:   8/5/2013 12:03:28 AM

Bad attitude and poor service = new owners -soon!

Name:   Hawks Nest - Email Member
Date:   8/5/2013 7:29:08 PM

Two hour wait means two hours of drinks for this old guy.

Name:   HP HQ - Email Member
Date:   8/5/2013 8:17:26 PM

Ba-haha!!! The truth will set you free!! That's freaking hilarious!

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   8/5/2013 10:47:47 PM

Pizza's not that good.....now if they had a full bar, a two hour wait could be considered an advantage....beer and what they pass off as wine won't cut it.

Name:   4thelake - Email Member
Date:   8/6/2013 8:45:05 AM

Greg and his team work their butts off during the summer. I am a full time resident and have noticed, even with all the rain, that all the local eateries have been swamped this year. If you don't go early, there is no boat parking spots and long waits. In 10 years I haven't ever turned my boat around to go home to eat. I did this weekend. Please understand that the addition of more ovens wont solve the problems. Quite frankly, Greg and Jane are as busy as they want to be. That is there right. Imagine a party at your house every night! More people takes more than ovens. It means better septic, more employees, more parking, and generally 10 times the hassle of keeping a business "as is". I have known Greg for many years. He knows most of his regulars by name. Dawn and her pizza girls are always busting their butts all day. So folks,, lighten up. Lake Martin is a place to relax,, not Wall Street. I like Greg, keep my business small so I can control quality and my sanity. Relax, enjoy a sunset, pop a top, fill your wine glass, put your feet in the water, turn off the tv, put a frozen pizza in the oven if u wish and watch your stress level drop. I promise when you get home you will have a new vigor to grow your own business, just not here. Peace said.

Name:   btexpress - Email Member
Date:   8/6/2013 6:45:04 PM

You said it all and I agree.  They even opened last year in October for my wif'e's birthday during outstanding weather and early football season. they ended-up getting crowded but they did it.

Name:   Mike Hunt - Email Member
Subject:   Or raise the price
Date:   8/6/2013 6:56:21 PM

about every two years I get too much business so I raise the price.  I have been doing this for 25 years.  It happens roughly every 2 years.  You do the same amount of work but make more money.  Lots more money.

Name:   AU Winglet - Email Member
Subject:   Or raise the price
Date:   8/7/2013 8:23:47 PM

We are so lucky to have such a Fun place like Chuck's on Beautiful Lake Martin...but we are even luckier to have such great people,Greg and Jane, running it.  Wonderful neighbors!!!

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town