Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   Mike Hunt - Email Member
Subject:   PP article in Outlook
Date:   9/4/2013 12:22:04 AM

Looks like the PP group got together at church. Mark Tuggle said he woul arrange a meeting with APCO but they had better get their collective act together. Basically told them if they went in with the "REDNECK DREAM" they would be doomed. Told them they "jack leg" plans won't work. They need a serious organization and some serious financial backing. Looks like they may need money now. Won't be able to pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

URL: REDNECK DREAM ARTICLE

Name:   montmom - Email Member
Date:   9/4/2013 9:40:10 AM

I don't think anyone has the right to discuss anything unless they know the whole story

Subject:   Read the first amendment
Date:   9/4/2013 9:56:58 AM

Maybe you should read the constitution or move to a country that does not have FREE SPEACH. And if you think I don't know the whole story, then tell me all of the parts of the story I don't know so I will know the whole story. You know just because you are a mom and can tell your little brats to shut up, that in NO way gives you any authority vis a vie the rest of the world. So plug your pie hole with bonbons lie on the couch and rain terror over the brats, but keep it in your own domain.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Hey Hunt...YOU Read the first amendment
Date:   9/4/2013 11:49:46 AM

You seem to come unglued by a simple comment by montmom. She was just expressing herself under free speech. Are you suggesting only you have that right? You need to just suck it up and accept negative comments to your posts  as it is just part of the game when you post.

Name:   MAJ USA RET - Email Member
Date:   9/4/2013 12:25:00 PM

just another drive by. 

Date:   9/4/2013 12:32:25 PM

I never said anyone should not address an issue. I just said that if you don't like free SPEACH you should go somewhere where the dont have it. She has a right to say what she wants, but not to control what I say.. I have now explained it to you, I can't understand it for you. Go eat some fish.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   9/4/2013 1:57:48 PM

How can she control what you say????  It is more like you would like to control what she says.

Name:   laketimelover - Email Member
Subject:   Buzz off
Date:   9/4/2013 3:42:48 PM

Wow, Mike Hunt, were you ACTUALLY there, because that is not what was said or do you just make up stuff to cause problems? 

I haven't really seen any intelligent comments from you in this whole forum.  You are just one of those trolls who likes to stir up trouble on forums.  All newspapers have them. 

When you can discuss the issue intelligently and have some real facts, come back, but until then BUZZ OFF!

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Subject:   I'm not a troll, but
Date:   9/4/2013 5:24:46 PM

I am the original puddin' stirrer on the forum. He is just jealous cuz I am so good at it. He's just a juvenile wannabe. It has been my title and my vocation for well over a decade. He is just another Johnny come lately trying to capture the Crown. He will give it up eventually. I won't, don't worry, be happy! It is after Labor Day and the lake is slap full. All is good in the world :-)

Subject:   All substantiated by OUTLOOK
Date:   9/4/2013 5:51:48 PM

What statement did I make in the original post that was not substantiated by the OUTLOOK article?

Saying crap like "were you there",  I'm the pudding stirrer, don't say anything if you don't know the whole story is just a blowing the old piehole because you don't like what I said and don't have any rational basis for differing.

And Lifer,  I don't want to be you, Kizma kicked your butt and  if they had not kicked Kizma off the forum he would still be kicking your butt.
As it is you lambasted a poor Mexican dude, and when he responded in a rational way and told his life story, and asked you your life story and what your job was you never answered except to tell him to work for free.  I think you owe him an answer.  BTW he has done work for me and is an excellent craftsman. 

Name:   Lake-fun - Email Member
Date:   9/4/2013 6:02:36 PM

Wow, Mike Hunt ! I read the article and it seems to me that the PP residents are off to a good start. Naming the article " Redneck Dream Article" tells me that you are an arrogant Know It All. Do you even know those people? Living in PP , or using it as a weekend getaway doesn't make them Rednecks. I'm sure some residents are well off people that didn't want to spend a fortune on another house. Get a life, Mike Hunt!!!!

Name:   Mack - Email Member
Subject:   This Whole Tragedy Reminds Me>>
Date:   9/4/2013 6:28:13 PM

of a similar situation at Parker Creek Marina before it was bought by Blue Creek Marina,, years ago. A patch of shoreline with bulkhead, several acres as I remember. People parked their camper trailers there, almost on top of each other, door to door almost. Every Friday and Saturday night,,,,,, Katy Bar the Door!!   Party Time!!  Children everywhere. Guitars playing. Grills smoking.
Those folks had a very small investment in Lake Martin, but they sure as hell knew how to enjoy it!! Boats anchored there to watch/listen.
Gone now though, and replaced by,,,,,,,, ??? nothing. Suspect their necks were a little too red also.

Name:   LoveCamping - Email Member
Subject:   Hang in there montmom
Date:   9/4/2013 6:42:41 PM (updated 9/4/2013 6:55:38 PM)

Mothers Rock! I suspect MOST people on the forum really like their moms.  I wouldn't trade mine for all of Lake Martin.

Date:   9/4/2013 7:15:13 PM

You just want to attack me. You did not sow one instance where my comments were not supported by or a paraphrase of the article. I think you just don't like my wording. As for " the redneck dream I did not come up with it. See "redneck dream home"

URL: REDNECK DREAM HOME

Name:   TotheLake - Email Member
Subject:   We camped there when I was little
Date:   9/4/2013 9:04:15 PM

that was about 35 years ago.  I remember my parents picking me up from school and we would head up there to camp for the weekend.  Dad drove the El Camino and pulled the Shasta travel trailer behind it.  He would back the camper into the spot and get the back end as far over the water as he could so my brother and I could sleep in the bunk beds "over the water".  We were at Parker Creek this weekend and I was telling my 9 year old daughter about it and showing her where the store used to be.

Name:   whitebass - Email Member
Date:   9/4/2013 11:13:17 PM

Dear Mike Hunt

We at pleasure point do not need any help with this issue, Pleasure Point is the way it is because of a bad park owner not bad tenants, as for Mark Tuggle of district 18 he is awesome and we are working with him daily on this issue and we do not need our redneck dream to come true, I found that there are lawyers , 20+ business owners , several construction company owners, bankers, financial advisers, and residents with more money than any one could have ever imagined living at pleasure point, but for people who live 9 months out of the year in the 5000 plus square ft home like some of us do everyday, it is nice to have a place to go with the family and ride boats and swim and just have quality time with your family, why do people outside of pleasure point think that just rednecks live in pleasure point.

Please Support your friends at pleasure point they have more money and talent than most folks ever thought .

Name:   whitebass - Email Member
Subject:   This Whole Tragedy Reminds Me>>
Date:   9/4/2013 11:32:58 PM

All I can say is you must  have a small heart and a small mind if you think good hearted Americans getting a day off from work and spending time with his family, you would have to bar the door because the ones camping where not living in a Million dollar home on the lake and who gives anyone the right to make such a statement when kids are singing and playing in the water and having the greatest of memories of there young life on the water,

I really do feel sorry for anyone who does not allow a man who works all week and wants to take his family to the water and enjoy a hot dog and a coke with his children.

The person who thinks the way you do, must have got his money from his parents or someone had to die,
because anyone who thinks that they are better than most is a person who is real lonely in life .

Name:   laketimelover - Email Member
Date:   9/5/2013 9:15:11 AM (updated 9/5/2013 9:38:47 AM)

Sorry, Mike Hunt, but asking if you were actually there is a valid question.  Your comments lead me to believe that you like to assume a whole lot, but really know nothing at all and you know what they say about assumptions and if you don't maybe you should look it up. 

And, if by chance you really are someone who owns in PP and you find all these individuals trying to save an investment they have made to be worthless and a waste of time because you're not really interested in saving anything, then by all means pack your stuff up and GET OUT.  I'm quite sure no one would miss your kind of "help" at all.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online