Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Yet more evidence Dems are losing
Date:   10/7/2013 3:22:12 PM

Ah yes, today we see TOTUS, Holder, Jay Carney et al rushing out to claim that el presidente is willing to negotiate.....problem is that almost anyone with half a brain and access to information from even the govt media has seen WOTUS proclaim over and over again that he will not negotiate.  Sadly the govt media will be their usual sycophantic selves and not challenge the lies or even have a shred of honesty and point out that the House has put forth 26 spending plans, none of which Harry Reid has even allowed the Senate to consider.....except to give back pay to the whiners.....which was always going to happen anyway..

The internal polls must be looking pretty bad.  As I said, they no longer control the message and Dems forcing the govt to shut down over the wildly unpopular Obamacare has the potential to backfire on them in a big way.....that they are rushing out with the lie that they will negotiate is just more proof.  That the govt media is not constantly trumpeting polls showing that the GOP is getting all the blame is yet another telling point.....and this result with what is certainly push polls.

Name:   MAJ USA RET - Email Member
Subject:   Yet more evidence Dems are losing
Date:   10/7/2013 7:08:30 PM

When the minions of the Pretender-in-Chief went after the press… they insulted the Fourth Estate. There is but a tenuous hanging on of the mainstream media. It dawns upon them that they may soon be looking up… at the underside of a bus.

Subject:   You give them too much credit
Date:   10/7/2013 8:19:47 PM

They are slavishly loyal to their ideology and as long as they see TOTUS advancing it they will be not just willing, but delighted to take any insult, invasion of privacy, abuse, etc. And even if he is no longer the useful idiot they want, fear of being branded a racist will prevent them from telling the truth about the worst president since FDR. Yep, this guy has managed to replace the worthless one Jimmy Carter as the worst since FDR......amazing to even comprehend.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Show Me
Date:   10/7/2013 8:31:50 PM

Show me a poll where the dems are losing. Or, is it just another of your rightwing lies? The right will bring down the credibility of the Republican party. Your speaker cut a deal with Reid during the summer and the Tea party forced him to renege. Sadly, a party that can't be trusted with a handshake

Show us the poll(s). Check FOX News........

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   Show Me
Date:   10/7/2013 10:06:09 PM

Three cheers for the Tea Party.

Subject:   Watch what they say and do
Date:   10/7/2013 10:13:28 PM

Pay attention GF and you will learn something. After weeks of refusing to even meet suddenly TOTUS and his minions are all over the place saying they will negotiate. Of course they are bald faced liars but there must be a reason why they feel compelled to tell the lies all,of the sudden. Are you really that naive that I needed to explain this to you?

Date:   10/7/2013 11:08:48 PM

Where are the polls? You are just throwing out your right wing rhetoric that you read online. Why should we  pay federal employees back pay for not working as the republicans support? You really support this? Get them all back to work if we are going to pay them.

You and your kind need to ask the speaker to call the vote for a clean bill. It is all a game to you and your kind. Screw the people but glory to Cruz. 

Subject:   Dems are shutting down the govt
Date:   10/8/2013 7:05:08 AM

The house has sent them numerous opportunities to negotiate and Reid refuses to put the to a vote. How about saving your invective for him? Why is he afraid to vote on the house bills? Why doesn't he do his job? I will tell you why, because they think they get more political value out of screwing over the American people that's why. The GOP takes a principled stand to try to get something the American people want, the repeal and replacement of Obamacare and you see them as the bad guys.........yes! I know you love Obamacare......but you are in the minority in this country. Besides, if you in your heart didn't agree with me why do you care what the GOP does? Aren't you and Charlie Sheen "winning"? Methinks thou doth protest too much. I suspect you are really worried that the fed govt can be slimmed down for weeks, months and even years and no one will notice. Just like the dire predictions of the sequester. Did you read the article by Moore and Laffer about what has happened since the sequester? Educate yourself GF and if you had a shred of intellectual honesty you would change your world view.....but I don't expect anything to penetrate your invincible ignorance.

Name:   JohnGalt - Email Member
Date:   10/8/2013 7:06:34 AM

Finally elected officials are listening to the voters. A clean bill would be without the ACA.  The fear of the implementation of this bill has been and will be the biggest snag in the recovery of this economy.

Subject:   And speaking of polls...grit your teeth GF
Date:   10/8/2013 8:57:02 AM

Quote from the most recent CNN/ORC Poll (results out today):  "Slightly more people are angry at Republicans than Democrats for the government shutdown".  Get that GF?  "Slightly" more....  More importantly, it is an even split among the much desired independents as to who is to blame and while a majority don't want the govt to be shutdown over Obamacare Dems are almost equally seen to be blamed.  Now for some context, I refer you to polls during the last shutdown in 1995 when Slick Willie was president.  These polls showed that Republicans were overwhelmingly (by a margin of 2 to 1) to blame for the government shutdown and yet in 1996 it hardly had any impact on the mid term elections.  No wonder they are worried....they should be.  Recall what TOTUS said prior to the hard slap he got in 2010? "They didn't have me in 1994..."  And you saw what happened.  And all this in spite of the incredibly slanted, distorted govt media blaming the GOP for the shutdown....er....slimdown...  Last I saw 21 of 21 govt media shows blamed the GOP.....

A coincidence that TOTUS and his lackeys put out a lie-filled charm offensive the very same week these polls are out?  I think not!  But you go ahead and believe what just isn't true........

Subject:   I Ain't Got No Teeth To Grit
Date:   10/8/2013 2:15:17 PM

MM, you seem to be hung up on who to blame rather than a solution. But, then you also thrive on negative news. Here is the latest positive news from the GOP:

"There are no boundaries here. There's nothing on the table, there's nothing off the table," Boehner said after a meeting with House Republicans, making no mention of his recent demands to delay parts of Obama's healthcare law in return for approving funds to end the government shutdown.
In their phone call, Obama said he would be willing to negotiate with Republicans once the U.S. government is re-opened and the threat of a default is lifted, the White House said.

Subject:   Don't change the subject
Date:   10/8/2013 2:42:10 PM

Sorry GF, I am not biting.  You asked for a poll I gave you a poll that makes my very point.  You must be distraught.....or maybe delusional......can't quite figure it out.

And TOTUS latest presser was yet another perfect example of the near panic.......they have obviously decided they are not "winning" because he has to go out and call the House hostage takers, etc.  Very presidential, eh?  More like a two-bit community agitator with a bullhorn.....but of course that is what he really is, isn't it?

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   A Chink in the Armor
Date:   10/10/2013 11:09:49 AM

Seems some Dems are upset with other Dems. DC Mayor confronts Harry Reid because Reid won't let DC spend DC, not Fed, money. Reid dismisses the Mayor, basically telling him to bend over and take it. And this is from the Washington Post, not exactly a bastion of conservatism.

URL: DC Mayor-Harry Reid Confrontation

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE