Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   MM You are so quiet
Date:   10/9/2013 9:05:33 PM

The Associated Press-GfK survey affirms expectations by many in Washington — Republicans among them — that the GOP may end up taking the biggest hit in public opinion from the shutdown, as happened when much of the government closed 17 years ago. But the situation is fluid nine days into the shutdown and there’s plenty of disdain to go around.

Overall, 62 percent mainly blamed Republicans for the shutdown. About half said Obama or the Democrats in Congress bear much responsibility.

Name:   Tall Cotton - Email Member
Date:   10/9/2013 9:13:07 PM

62% plus nearly half, say 48% makes 110% of the respondents. Sounds like the voting totals in Democrat strongholds.

Name:   JohnGalt - Email Member
Date:   10/9/2013 9:24:42 PM

Keep up the pressure. Not  worried about surveys. 

Date:   10/9/2013 9:40:50 PM

According to a new Gallup poll Wednesday, the Republican party's favorable rating dropped to 28%, down 10 percentage points from September. The 43% for Democrats was a 4-percentage-point drop from last month.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   GF, I already posted this
Date:   10/9/2013 9:43:40 PM

You are a little behind the eight ball as usual. It should worry you that about half blame Democrats, TOTUS approval rating is plummeting, etc. As I adroitly pointed out in prior posts, in 1995 Republicans were blamed for the shutdown by a margin of 2 to 1 and it had almost no impact on the mid terms. You should be very worried......TOTUS certainly is....... And as you can see by my many posts I am not being at all quiet. I am really enjoying this. Half blame Dems, over 60% want TOTUS to negotiate. 55% do not want the debt limit increased. And so on and so and so on......you should be very worried.....

Subject:   Sigh
Date:   10/9/2013 9:46:59 PM

GF, now you know that these poll numbers are meaningless. Look at nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid's approval numbers and yet they get reelected every time. What matters is what the constituents that can vote for them think and that is a very different thing altogether. What you should be worried about is TOTUS is headed toward similar numbers. History GF......learn a little history....

Name:   Barneget - Email Member
Subject:   Changed
Date:   10/9/2013 11:18:25 PM

Farq the obama/reid/pelosi led dems and their ACA. Letter from BCBS today broke the seal on my quiet. Family health policy we've carried for last 7or 8 years renews in January. Current policy premium covering me, my bride, and 2 of our boys is $730/month, up just over $300/month since TFG was elected in 08. Notice received today takes our policy premium to $1270/month, and increase of $540/month, $6480/year. Mrs. called BC, and they told her an option was a plan that could save us almost $300/month, but would move our family stop/loss from $2350 to $12500. I have just one question. How many of the poor, uninsured, uninsurable, cell phone toting, cable watching, lobster eating, school breakfast and lunching, special education, head starting, section 8ing, utility subsidying, disability qualifying, cash for clunkers driving, obama voting parasites are my wife and I responsible for? Anyone?

Subject:   MM WHO'S BACKING DOWN
Date:   10/10/2013 12:21:47 AM

Key GOP figures on Wednesday sent their clearest signals that they are abandoning their bid to immediately stop the federal health-care law — the issue that forced the government to shut down — and are scrambling for a fallback strategy.

Republican Party leaders, activists and donors now widely acknowledge that the effort to kill President Obama’s signature initiative by hitting the brakes on the government has been a failure. The law has largely disappeared from their calculus as they look for a way out of the impasse over the shutdown and for a way to avoid a possible default on U.S. debt.

The latest signs of the shift came in editorial columns Wednesday by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) in The Washington Post and Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) in the Wall Street Journal.

Maybe now we can move forward.

Subject:   STOP WATCHING PMSNBS
Date:   10/10/2013 7:03:01 AM

You have a problem with your caps lock? GF, you are such a rube. Dems control the Senate and the White House. The GOP was never going to get rid of Obamacare this time around. They knew going in that even if by some miracle they got Harry Reid to let a vote happen and if by some second miracle it passed then TOTUS would veto and it would take a third miracle to override the veto. You are such a silly man if you think we didn't know that going in. This has worked perfectly and juxtaposed with the disastrous rollout of this abomination we can see what it has wrought. TOTUS approval numbers tanking and as Americans learn what Obamacare really is they will be looking for a way to get rid of it in 2014. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Billary actually campaigns against it in 2106. I would if I were her. The real question is whether the GOP fully takes advantage of this incredible gift from the man child wussy boy. On that note I am less confident. Their ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory is regularly on display.

Name:   JohnGalt - Email Member
Date:   10/10/2013 8:10:22 AM

Just more proof that this plan is a disaster.

Subject:   And besides
Date:   10/10/2013 9:04:19 AM

It an't over til its over.......I have no doubt the leadership is looking for a way out,  It will be up to them to convince the rank and file GOP members to go along with a deal.  Remember GF, guys like Cantor, Boehner et al did not even want to enter the fray on this from the beginning.  They were dragged kicking and screaming and they will benefit from it regardless of how it ends.  That is politics at its very worst........

Name:   lakngulf - Email Member
Date:   10/10/2013 9:13:42 AM

There are WAY too many stories like this.  Reality has hit.  The admin should be glad the computers have glitched because that gives Dems a good way to back out of this thing by blaming Bush, ahhh I mean the computers.

Subject:   Part of that is hidden taxes
Date:   10/10/2013 9:21:05 AM

Turns out there are three hidden taxes that the insurance company has to pay that they pass along to the consumer. All those taxes pay for other people in the system in one form or fashion.  Those of us with a brain and a modicum of understanding of govt and history knew this was going to be a disaster.  I give them credit, it has been an even bigger FUBAR than I had imagined.......and I knew it was going to be a big FUBAR!

Prior to Obamacare our average health insurance increases were 9%.  After passage it went to an average of 18% (that's double for you economic illiterates out there....better known as left wing nuts) and our last increase before we were forced to a PEO was 27% (that's triple for you.....oh never mind).

Sorry for your trouble but just wait until you are forced onto the exchanges.  You will have no option that doesn't include a very high deductible and the costs will be out of this world.  The youth of America that voted for HOPEless and CHANGE for the worse are just now figuring that out......too late you mind numbed morons.......you were warned. But no, you are too smart to listen to us older folks.....Obama...he's hip, he's cool, he hangs out with Jay Z and Beyonce....he's black....Romney is an out of touch old, rich white guy........buffoons!

Subject:   Temp reprieve on the debt ceiling?
Date:   10/10/2013 5:06:27 PM

This is your "backing down"?!?!?  LOL....  The only reason this got tied up in the defunding/delaying of Obamacare in the first place was one of timing.  So they offer a short term extension and they get an opportunity to "negotiate" with the guy who said he would never negotiate and you call that backing down?  Wow is all I can say.

So let's see, the GOP offers multiple opportunities to negotiate, passes numerous bills and sends them to the Senate to open negotiations and each time they are told no.  Then suddenly TOTUS says yes to negotiations and you are declaring victory.  It must be great to be a left wing nut.....Charlie Sheen would be proud.....WINNING!  LOL

I actually thought it was something significant that might happen........you are indeed a rube GF.

Date:   10/10/2013 5:44:55 PM

MM, TFG's reelection should not be blamed on our youth. The blame must be assigned to "establishment" Republicans for providing us yet another candidate that forced constitutional conservatives to hold their noses IF they pulled the lever. The blame has to be shared with voters who aggressively demanded a pro life platform. It must also be shared by the folks that insisted on the sanctity of traditional marriage. People stayed home in droves because, for them, it wasn't about Roe v Wade or My Two Daddies, they wanted to hear a simple plan that would provide hope for a better tomorrow. Zero wasn't "reelected", he was allowed to stay by the millions that didn't see a dimes worth of difference between the gob of crap we have and the gob of crap we were offered as an alternative. That said, don't blame me. I voted for the loser, both times.

Date:   10/10/2013 5:44:56 PM (updated 10/10/2013 5:47:01 PM)

Got fingered and hit "post message" 2x

Date:   10/10/2013 10:27:09 PM

I think your partially right but the fact is both in 2008 and 2012 the youth vote went for Obama. I gave them a pass in 2008 but not so in 2012. They were told what havoc this incompetent community agitator would wreak....it happened...they were told again that it was only going to get worse and they voted for him again. Sorry, while I agree Romney wasn't the greatest choice he was demonstrably better than TOTUS and that should have been obvious to the oblivious. Their education and their parents failed them but at the end of the day they should have known better. So I can't muster any sympathy for them. I too am a two time loser, once holding my nose to vote for McCain and the second a little better.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online