Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   MAJ USA RET - Email Member
Subject:   WebMD RIDES FOR THE OBAMACARE BRAND
Date:   11/13/2013 11:02:01 AM

Ah… we find that the formerly venerable WebMD has elected to cash in on ObamaCare as a “sub-contract.” That can be translated as “hidden from public view.”  Of further concern is that one’s IP address is recorded if one should enter any personal information on the WebMD interactive page(s). We can assume that WebMD will not be reticent to share your IP address and personal information with HHS, IRS, and whatever third party the administration deems qualified to receive such… without your consent.

THEREFORE, I have instructed my anti-virus to BLOCK WebMD.

WebMD rides for the ObamaCare brand… the data rustlers.

Subject:   clarification
Date:   11/13/2013 11:16:45 AM

please substitute the following text where appropriate:

…and whatever third party the administration AND UN-VETTED NAVIGATORS deem qualified to receive such… without your consent.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   11/13/2013 11:23:17 AM

None of it makes sense. Since you have health insurance as a vet, why are you planning on entering any personal info into any Obamacare web site? Why block a site that you have no reason to mess with?

Name:   comrade - Email Member
Date:   11/13/2013 12:21:22 PM

GF - have you visited WebMD? Ostensibly, it is not designed as a clearinghouse for health insurance. But it is a propaganda site for Obamacare, and if the Major is correct, a data mining site in addition...
All is well, comrade   :)

Date:   11/13/2013 12:43:16 PM

If the site scares you then stay off it. Virtually every site you visit collects data on you including those that are conservative. You weren't born yesterday and I am sure you are well aware of it. 

Subject:   interpreting GF
Date:   11/13/2013 12:49:37 PM (updated 11/13/2013 1:04:03 PM)

GF is directing his disparagement at me because I am retired military receiving retirement and TriCare… and because of my age, MediCare (though I do pay a premium of $114 per month for Part B). I am not yet on Social Security.  Which of the above did I not either pay into or earn?

That notwithstanding… GF suggests because I am receiving government benefits, I should not be concerned about the fate of my fellow citizens.

Suppose one wanted to know the symptoms of MS? If one goes to WebMD and start trying to imput symptoms... WebMD starts asking questions. The element of trust is now questionable. Opt out is a reasonable response in view of WebMD's newly exposed alliance with the current administration.

Subject:   interpreting GF
Date:   11/13/2013 1:17:52 PM

I was not trying to disaparage you but rather simply stating a fact. You have coverage and blocked the site cause you fear they are mining data on you. With no need for Obamacare, you have no reason to be entering any personal data so blocking the site serves no useful purpose. There is alot of valuable info available from Webmd.

When you visit the site for info, they collect data from a cookie. To obtain info on health conditions, you simple seek info but do not provide any personal info. You have no need to fear the site when you look for medical info anymore than you did last week, last month, or last year. 

Subject:   Reasonable ?
Date:   11/13/2013 2:17:20 PM (updated 11/13/2013 2:18:26 PM)

The WebMD site has two (and now three) functionalities.

1.  Browsing only. The surfer can go straight to the medical condition if he or she knows the terminology for it.

2.  Search by symptom. The result of this INTERACTIVE function is to present one or more medical conditions… and links thereto. You enter age, gender, symptoms, etc… that is, personal information. The site already knows your IP address.

3.  Advertising and advocacy.  WebMD has a sub-tier contract to advocate for ObamaCare. Their bread and butter used to be supported by user specific advertising based on cookies garnered from YOUR computer.

To doubt that person information collected by a government contractor website is either secure or private… is naïve.

With respect to the reasonableness of my visits to a website… any website - such is not within the authority of anyone from whom I have not solicited advice.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online