Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   twinkletoes - Email Member
Subject:   Lost dog in Sandy Creek area
Date:   3/25/2014 10:22:02 AM

I just took the stray dog that showed up at my house last Monday to the vet to see if he was microchipped. He is not, but while we were there, Chance (that's what I'm calling the dog) made friends with everyone, humans and canines alike. The doctor thinks he is younger than two; he weighs about 67 lbs. and they think he has some Great Pyrenees in him. He's a wonderful dog and would make a great pet. If I didn't already have two pets of my own I would keep him myself; but for the time being I'll foster him until he gets a forever home.

Name:   Maddog - Email Member
Date:   3/25/2014 6:26:34 PM

I live on the other side of Sandy Creek (Tessie Drive) from you and I am interested in Chance. I'm in Duluth, GA right now for a doctor's appt Thursday. I'll be back to the lake Thursday afternoon. Please e-mail me with your contact info. He sounds like the dog I'm looking to rescue. I had to put down my black lab last year and it's hard not having a good dog around. Thanks for taking care of Chance.

Name:   10toLife - Email Member
Subject:   MADDOG
Date:   3/25/2014 9:55:30 PM

I am telling you -- you will fall in love with this dog -- he is a beautiful dog and very unusual looking. He is sweet and fun loving. If I could I would take him but I already have two spoiled dogs and have no room! I hope you can take him. What a happy ending! God Bless Twinkletoes for caring enough to take care of him.  

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   Thanks, Twinkie!
Date:   3/25/2014 10:42:51 PM

Looks like you have found the perfect match.  And thanks Maddog, for taking Chance into your home.

We've rescued two, adopted two pound puppies, and taken in two "strays" over the years (among the others that we procured on purpose) and they all have blessed us tremendously.

And finally, thanks to Bruce for providing the forum that allows us to spread the word!

Date:   3/26/2014 7:48:40 AM

Hi Maddog,

You sound like a perfect mate for Chance, and I know you'll love him. He's a good boy! You can reach me at 256-825-3985 when you get back from Duluth. On Thursday I'll be home after 2:30. Thanks for giving Chance a second chance!

Name:   Maddog - Email Member
Date:   3/26/2014 8:11:47 AM

Good Morning Twinkletoes.....I'll be getting back to the lake around 5pm Thursday and will give you a call at that time. I'm looking forward to meeting Chance and you. I hope all goes well with our first meeting. If you need to reach me, please call me at 770-315-3449. 

Date:   3/26/2014 10:57:40 AM

Hi Maddog,

That sounds great! By then we'll have gone for our afternoon walk and he'll have had his dinner. Look forward to meeting you!

Twinkletoes

Subject:   You're Welcome Mr. Hodja
Date:   3/26/2014 11:02:58 AM

Mr. Hodja,

You sound like another one of us pet lovers! There was no way I was going to take this beautiful boy, Chance, to the animal shelter. The thought of him not getting adopting and being euthanized was more than I could bear. Maddog sounds like the perfect "Parent" and I'm glad he'll still be in the area. Can't wait for tomorrow when they get to meet one another!

Twinkletoes

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE