Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   It's a Fact
Date:   8/28/2014 12:42:01 PM

Q: Is it true that George W. Bush took more vacation days than Barack Obama?

A: Yes. Before his two-week trip to Martha’s Vineyard in August, Obama’s count was 125 full or partial days and Bush’s total at the same point in his presidency was 407.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Date:   8/28/2014 12:52:30 PM

Barack Obama has been on vacation his entire life.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Depends on your definition
Date:   8/28/2014 2:05:44 PM (updated 8/28/2014 2:12:07 PM)

Define vacation for us GF.  If you define it as any time outside the WH not attending some specific function like a fundraiser or international travel on offical business then I don't doubt the numbers.  W spent a significant amount of time at his ranch in Texas.  If you define it as most of us do, which is going to some vacation spot I can assure you that W's numbers are pretty much nonexistent and the cost to the American people even less.  All of W's time away from the WH were either at his ranch in Crawford (most of them) or his parent's home in Kennebunkport (maybe 20-25 days).    Not many people pick Crawford, TX as their preferred vacation spot but I am sure it was a much better place for W to work than the WH.  I mean really, other than mending fences, riding horses, etc. what exactly is there to do in Crawford?!?!?

He never once went on vacation to Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard or Europe, etc. during his entire presidency.  Frankly that was one of the many reasons the press hated W (other than they are a bunch of left wing nuts).  They love going to TOTUS' vacation spots and hated middle of nowhere Texas.  But frankly I wish WOTUS would spend more time on vacation because he appears to do a lot less damage when he is hacking around a golf course or wearing his mom pants and sissy helmet and riding bikes.  Sad that he has to pay $100K per week to rent some mansion at a vacation spot or he would do just that and possibly save America and the world from his abject incompetence.  

The problem with the man child is not how many days he spends on vacation but him making pathetic speeches about world events and then rushing off to the golf course.  It opens him up to the justifiable criticism that he is disengaged, which he most certainly appears to be about pretty much everything but fundraising.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   8/28/2014 8:40:22 PM

The real fact is that a President is never really on vacation despite his location.  These are B.S stats about "days out of the WH", and are indicative of absolutely nothing.

Date:   8/29/2014 10:54:05 AM

Some details.............The former cheerleader from Yale cost the taxpayers around $225,000 per round trip to Crawford to cut wood and ride his bike.  At least the manchild plays golf shoots hoops.

Just Facts

Subject:   You are reply challenged
Date:   8/29/2014 6:40:28 PM

Not sure why, but you often seem unable to reply to the right message.....

Subject:   Depends on your definition
Date:   8/29/2014 6:59:16 PM

Some details.............The former cheerleader from Yale cost the taxpayers around $225,000 per round trip to Crawford to cut wood and ride his bike.  At least the manchild plays golf shoots hoops.

Just The Facts

Subject:   Looks cheap to me........
Date:   8/30/2014 8:27:08 AM

considering every time WOTUS goes on vacation it costs us millions of dollars.  GF, you are focused on the wrong things.  You really think our problem with the man child is his vacations?!?!?  Dude, that is just a symptom of the bigger problem.  He realized some time ago that his lack of intelligence, laziness and narcissism make him totally unqualified to do anything other than read from a TelePrompTer. So he has checked out from the job and is focused on only one thing....raising money that he can keep once he leaves the White House.  Well that and golf.  

He has been an abject failure.  A majority of Americans recognize that he is the worst president in 75 years.....I believe the worst ever.  And when we are once again attacked at home by Islamofascists the blame can be placed squarely on his and Hillary's shoulders.  The only campaign promise he has kept was to cut and run from Iraq......and look how that one has worked out.  I'd feel sorry for you having to defend this pathetic pile of monkey excrement we have to call president but your inability to acknowledge even one of his many failures says a lot about your lack of intellectual honesty.  

Forget the little stuff GF......the disasters are all around you.......wake up, be an adult, admit the truth.....it will make you feel better about yourself.  It's OK, you were wrong to vote for him....twice.  Tens of millions have admitted this truth......even Archibald has given up....

Subject:   Looks cheap to me........
Date:   8/30/2014 11:00:27 AM

Looks cheap because Bush has no class. Vacation after vacation to Crawford. Speaking of checking out, here is your Prince Bush's last year in office:

– Number Of Jobs Lost: 1.9 million.
– Number Of Banks Federal Government Now Owns Stock In:206.
– Number Of Uninsured Americans: 47.5 million.

– Change In Housing Prices: declined 18 percent.
– Change In Health Insurance Premiumsincreased 5 percent.
– Change In Number Of Delinquent Mortgages: increased 75 percent.

– Change In Use Of Food Stamps: increased 17 percent.
– Change In Dow Jones Industrial Average: declined 35 percent.
– Change In Bush Approval Rating: declined 9 percent to 29 percent.

Subject:   So what?
Date:   8/30/2014 11:28:27 AM

Face it GF, you are in a minority and your Bush Derangement Syndrome doesn't change the fact that a majority of Americans think your false god is the worst president in 75 years.  Worse than Jimmy Carter even......a feat that I did not think was possible.  Believe me, if you compare the entirety of Bush's 8 years in office to what SelfieOTUS has given us it isn't even close. I know you are in the stage of grieving called denial but adults eventually snap out of it......what are you waiting for?  You can do it.....the truth will set you free.....you voted for a pathetic incompetent loser twice. Deal with it.....

Subject:   So what?
Date:   8/30/2014 2:57:57 PM

MM, the way you spin the truth you should do PR for Putin. " We are not invading Ukraine. The border just moved by itself overnight."

Subject:   The truth is so painful isn't it?
Date:   8/30/2014 11:20:24 PM

Just reporting the poll results and observing the world. Facts, logic and reason.......ugly things for left wing nuts. I'll say it again.....worst president ever. 

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online