(Lake Martin Specific)
169 messages
Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Yep I'm back with the facts...and they are bad!
Date:   10/3/2014 9:36:39 AM (updated 10/3/2014 9:43:10 AM)

1/   248,000 new jobs in September and August jobs report adjusted up from 142,000 to 211,000. Our

economy has created 1,000,000 new jobs in just 4 months...something that has not happened since

those bad old Bill Clinton days!...FACT!

2/   Unemployment down to 5.9% (lowest level in over 6 years)...FACT!  We are not so fortunate

here in GA where our glorious leader Nathan "Shady" Deal has given us the nation's worst

unemployment rate at 8.1%!  For 3 months he explained it was a temporary setback due to seasonal

cutbacks of school jobs.  Well all those folks are now back at work and it is still rising so, obviously

according to the Guv and his bootlickers (???MM???), the  Obama Feds are cooking the books for GA. 

Wonder why they aren't doing the same in places like NC, KY, CO, KS, AR....................etc

3/  Employment has gone up every month for almost 5 years. ...FACT!

4/   More than 10,000,000 new jobs since Jan 19, 2009....FACT!

5/   More than 7.7 times as many new jobs between Jan 20, 2009 as between Jan 20, 2003 and Jan 19,

2009....FACT!

6/   More than one million more people drawing a pay check today than at the pre-recession peak...more

Americans working today than at any time in our history!...FACT!

Now "that's the truth" and thems the facts...so don't be taken in by certain among you who say "Archie

never accepts the facts".  Of course I know only a couple of you are actually interested in either the facts

or the truth.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   I was waiting for this post
Date:   10/3/2014 9:53:54 AM (updated 10/3/2014 10:05:13 AM)

Archie, I am glad you get the occasional opportunity to leave the Jokes section of the forum to drive by with your economic illiteracy.  For the sake of argument I will stipulate all your facts.

Let me ask you these questions and try to answer them honestly if you dare:

1) If we had the same levels of employment that we did at its peak in the last 30 years what would the real unemployment number be?

2) When was the last time we had this many people (over 92 million or 1/3rd of our population) totally out of the workforce?

3) How many people in the last reporting period that you reference gave up all hope of finding a job and are not counted in the sub 6% number?

4) If they were counted what would the reported unemployment number be?

5)  Of the new jobs created how many were part time and how many were low paying and how many were a result of striking workers at a grocery store going back to work after the strike?

6) What were the latest consumer confidence and housing numbers?

7) What percentage of Americans still believe we are in a recession?

Dude, we are six and a half years into the worst recovery ever and you are crowing about these numbers?  Given all the prognostication about the coming GOP wave in November it does not surprise me that some businesses are beginning to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel but remember, during the Reagan recovery we were adding 500,000 jobs every month.  It currently takes 175,000 new jobs just to keep up with population growth.  Economic illiteracy can be cured Archie.  By the way, I never expect you to answer my posts because you have no answer given that my facts, logic and reason are irrefutable. In this case I went the Aristotle route of argument. Now back to jokes where you can comment on how everyone else is so funny and how that joke was a good one or whatever.  I am so glad to have you drive by.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   I was waiting for YOUR post
Date:   10/3/2014 11:31:40 AM

You seem to be alone. But, then you relish negative news. After all, you are a Tea Party advocate. 

"Good news for the economy is bad news for save-haven trades, and none more so than gold: The Bureau of Labor Statistics released a stronger-than-expected jobs report Friday morning, revealing that U.S. non-farm payrollsadded 248,000 jobs last month and sending the unemployment rate below 6% for the first time since 2008. And while the equity markets cheered the news, gold futures and spot-gold prices have gone negative for the year and tumbled below $1,200 an ounce."

Billary 2016, 2020 Chelsea 2024, 2028

Subject:   Answer my questions GF
Date:   10/3/2014 12:10:48 PM

If you dare.....but be honest in the answers.  I think once you do you will realize why this is the worst recovery in our history.  But then again you and Archie seem to have such low expectations of our first black President.  Why is that?  Because that is the crux of this and all prior  drive by posts by Archie.  You and he seem willing to not only accept but brag about incredibly pathetic results.  

I can only think of one reason why.......the soft bigotry of low expectations.  As for me, I hold him to the same standard and on that front he is a pathetic, miserable failure.

Subject:   C'mon Archie...be a man and answer
Date:   10/3/2014 2:19:21 PM

Come on Archie, stop being a gutless wonder.  I stipulated your points so answer my questions.  I'll give you one answer.  80% of the jobs crwtaed were low paying.  25,000 of them came from the end of a strike at a regional grocery store in the northeast.  Real unemployment is 11%.  The labor participation rate is at 62.7% which is the lowest since 1978.  That's 92 million people out of the workforce.  Answer my other questions Archie.  This number is an election year gimmick and is a lie.  Answer my questions Archie.....but do so with the truth. No wonder dear leader's approval rating is at 40% and disapproval well over 50%.  Apparently a minority of Americans are economcally illiterate like you.

Subject:   Here's a dose of reality
Date:   10/3/2014 5:04:54 PM

If you want to know why U2 is falling here is the main reason.

Obola's disastrous economic results

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Here's a dose of reality
Date:   10/3/2014 9:43:14 PM

I think the country is doing rather well considering you and your kind under Bush put the country in the worst recession since the Great Depression. We still have a way to go. However, I anticipate an increase in interest rates early 2015 as the economy is improving monthly.

Archie is too busy to answer your litany of superfluous questions. I have to believe you know the answer to each and are just trolling from boredom.

I hope you have a great weekend knowing you live in the greatest country in the world and your President is "black". I am confident Billary will make you feel thrilled when she declares victory in November 2015. Now, quit complaining and takeout the trash.

Cheers............

Subject:   BDS still, eh?
Date:   10/4/2014 8:50:30 AM (updated 10/4/2014 8:57:36 AM)

GF, of course you realize that you can get help for your Bush Derangement Syndrome. You also know that Bush didn't cause any recession. It was caused by the housing meltdown created by Fannie, Freddie and the CRA which distorted the free markets and we're all promoted by left wing nuts in Congress.  This continual reeducation is getting a bit tedious but I know how difficult life is when you believe things that just aren't true.  So tell me GF, since it is inarguably the worst recovery since FDRS, why are you so happy?  Why such low expectations for our black president?  You and the gutless wonder Archibald always refuse to answer that question. Too ashamed, eh?  Can't say that I blame you. If I had such low expectations for blacks I guess I would run away like Archie does or hide under useless banter and silliness to mask my shame. But alas, I have the same expectations regardless of race. What say you?

oh, and Archie doesn't answer my questions because they decimate his stupid post about all this faux good news. While the truth may set him free it would destroy his ability to drive by when he thinks he has something to crow about.  It's really rather sad to think he lives in such a delusional state. I do hope he isn't designing anything. Anyone with his issues needs to be watched carefully and only be allowed to use children's toys and coloring books.  That's the depth of his intellect. 

Subject:   Didn't think so.....LOL!
Date:   10/6/2014 9:43:06 AM

Poor old Archibald.  Afraid to answer my questions because they would decimate his drive by post.  What a gutless wonder he is.  I too would hide on jokes forum if I believed what he believed.  Sadly for him I live in the real world of facts, logic and reason.  I am concerned that even his intermittent drive by posts are lowering my IQ and I do weary of explaining to him how silly and wrong he is.  If I get down to his level I won't be able to balance my checkbook or add without using my fingers and toes.  

Oh and by the way Archibald, I have read a few of your jokes on the forum and they really aren't very funny.  No surprise that your best jokes are in this forum.  Keep driving by Archie, it makes me feel so intellectually superior.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online