Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Tough Message
Date:   12/1/2014 12:06:52 AM

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a sharp Republican rebuke to President Obama’s proposed actions on immigration, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell accused the President, on Thursday night, of “flagrantly treating immigrants like human beings, in clear defiance of the wishes of Congress.”

McConnell was brutal in his assessment of the President’s speech on immigration, blasting him for “eliminating the fear of deportation, which is the great engine of the American economy.”

“Fear is what keeps immigrants working so hard and so fast and so cheap,” McConnell said. “Remove the fear of deportation, and what will immigrants become? Lazy Americans.”

In a dire warning to the President, McConnell said, “If Mr. Obama thinks that, with the stroke of a pen, he can destroy the work ethic of millions of terrified immigrants, he’s in for the fight of his life.”

He added that Obama’s comments about deporting felons were “deeply offensive” to political donors.

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   #11 Fishy approves of it
Date:   12/1/2014 8:52:59 AM

http://www.infowars.com/10-signs-that-communists-are-infiltrating-the-ferguson-protests/

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Not sure it's Communists
Date:   12/1/2014 2:20:11 PM

But I believe that Occupy,  loosely formed social media based participants, were involved.  I don't necessarily think the "peoples revolution" that they want is communism or what we all knew as communism.  I do think that they look for chances to incite riots and I don't thnk it would be beyond them to keep the idea that the shooting was based on "racism" alive.

Name:   MAJ USA RET - Email Member
Subject:   Tough Message - Huh?
Date:   12/1/2014 11:25:54 PM

I read it through.  Then again... and again.  Even after the fourth attempt at understanding... I am not sure what this post means. A person... to have assembled words in that syntax... would have to have been stoned (not drunk). Even to twist the words of a politician to say such... is more rant than relevance.  Notwitstanding that Mitch McConnell is not a favorite of mine... I'm sure he rather get drunk... than stoned.  I AM POSITIVE he did NOT say those words.

- - LMF Curmudgeon (after only two drinks of Bourbon)

Subject:   Tough Message - Huh?
Date:   12/2/2014 7:37:33 AM

What makes you so sure?  He was recorded saying that Republican control of the Senate would be good for rich white men.  That may not be the exact quote, but it's close.  Pols say a lot of things when they don't think they are being recorded.

Subject:   Good Example
Date:   12/2/2014 8:43:15 AM

"...good for rich white men."  I see, as a liberal, you buy into that canned inflammatory.  You must because you wrote it.  I also doubt he said that.

“…accused the President, on Thursday night, of “flagrantly treating immigrants like human beings, in clear defiance of the wishes of Congress.” and “…If Mr. Obama thinks that, with the stroke of a pen, he can destroy the work ethic of millions of terrified immigrants…” 

are BOTH examples of non-sequitur. No reasonably intelligent person would string thoughts together in that manner.  I think McConnell’s actual words have been (poorly) plucked, spun, and plunked.  This is a typical, cellophane, disinformation technique of the mainstream media directed at low information people in order to fan the flames of discontent.

- - LMF Curmudgeon

Subject:   Play it for Me Sam
Date:   12/2/2014 8:46:39 AM

"McConnell recorded as saying"  Okay... play the recording for me so that we can hear exactly what he DID say.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   This is satire folks
Date:   12/2/2014 10:22:50 AM

Think the Onion or one of the other satirical websites that put up spoofs.  This one is not particularly humorous because all humor has to have an element of truth.  Believe me, McConnell and Boehner are all for immigration reform.

Date:   12/2/2014 2:05:58 PM

No! 

No wonder I couldn't spit out that worm... I positively HATE IT when I've been had. 

GF, that was a three pointer from mid court!

- -  The HUMBLE LMF Curmudgeon

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   12/2/2014 6:02:51 PM

Cheers MR Maj.

Subject:   Good Example
Date:   12/2/2014 6:46:11 PM

I am not a liberal and I don't have an axe to grind.    I, in fact, heard the clip played on Morning Joe before the election.  I don't have to make things up.  Pols tailor their comments to the audience to whom they are speaking.  He's not the only one to have been caught this way by someone who is secretly recording. 

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   This never happened
Date:   12/3/2014 8:19:52 AM

This is one of those satire sites.  Even Boehner is not this big an idiot......barely

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Subject:   Once again hound---DIVERSIFY.
Date:   12/3/2014 9:08:29 AM

The complete unedited video is available that shows that what you are refrencing is total hogwash.  If I could cut and paste I would give you the link.  Try watching something besides pMSNBC if you want to stay up on current events.  If that was a true and accurate account of what was said it would be headlining every newscast 24/7/365 until he would be forced to resign.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online