Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Hillary email scandal
Date:   3/3/2015 12:38:49 PM

Interesting to now watch so many on the left condemning this violation of federal law.  Fournier has declared her candidacy for POTUS to be DOA.  Many others are calling into question her fitness for office.  Just plain interesting to watch and see if this has legs.  Makes her appearance in front of Congress to testify on Benghazi significantly more important.  I know, what difference at this point does it make?

Name:   h_hob - Email Member
Subject:   Hillary email scandal
Date:   3/3/2015 2:28:19 PM

Billary---NEVER!

Subject:   Left wing nuts are very quiet
Date:   3/3/2015 3:39:12 PM

I think this one will have them nervous.  I am actually starting to think she might be the perfect nominee for the Democrat party.  Besides being tin eared politically she has so much baggage and this one even the govt media is having a hard time ignoring.

Name:   copperline - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2015 6:09:21 PM

OMG, she had a personal email account IN ADDITION to an account at the office?   That's horrifying.   Probably treasonous.   There will be more to come of this.....everyone should check all their in-boxes for more detail.......

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2015 6:31:00 PM

It's not that she had it, but that apparently used it to conduct official business.  At the least it is in violation of federal rules, at worst a way to duck accountability for controversial discussions.  One thing you can't accuse the Clintons of is being dumb.  How they used/use their above average intelligence is another matter.  I am not condemning (sp?) Hillary for using that personal account to do business, but if she did the emails should be subject to FOIA and available for review.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2015 9:56:07 PM

If you are a federal official you are not allowed to delete any messages from your offical account and their are rules about achiving your communications.   Hiliary is in the wrong here and it surprises me that the State lawyers were not all over her about it.  I should make it clear that I am not in her fan club.  I don't think she is the devil, but I have my doubts about her willingness to be transparent.  No doubt the Benghazi crowd will go nuts over this.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2015 10:12:25 PM (updated 3/3/2015 10:13:10 PM)

Since my last post, I heard (on Fox) that she had NO official email account.  Pundit fodder for sure!

Name:   Buteye - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2015 10:20:11 PM (updated 3/3/2015 10:37:51 PM)

Tallulahhound, in your earlier days you were always quick to point out my mistakes, so I couldn't resist responding to your errors in this post. The word is "there" not "their", and "achieving" not "achiving".

Date:   3/3/2015 11:05:23 PM

Yes, you are correct, I used the wrong "there".  However, I was not meaning achieving, I meant archiving, as in archive.   My bad.  I know better.

Name:   Buteye - Email Member
Date:   3/4/2015 12:51:17 AM

I appreciate your response. It shows that we can be cordial when we choose to comment on the post of others. I agree that the word "archiving" was used correctly. I should have noticed that, but maybe I hastily read the post and I agree that the word "achieving" was not correct. Maybe we both learned something from this little episode.

Subject:   I could have predicted that response
Date:   3/4/2015 8:19:57 AM

So it doesn't bother you that ALL of her official correspondence by email was done on a private account in direct violation of federal law and not subject to backup or retention by the federal archives?  If so, remember you said that because if there are any violations of any federal law by a Republican you will have to feel the same way or be just another liberal hypocrite.......  I think I know where this is going.

Subject:   The NY Times takes her to task
Date:   3/4/2015 8:46:22 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/politics/using-private-email-hillary-clinton-thwarted-record-requests.html?_r=1

Subject:   The plot thickens
Date:   3/4/2015 8:55:13 AM

This was apparently a concerted effort to avoid federal law on record retention related to official government business.  But what difference does it make at his point anyway, right?  Hey, no one died.....well except four Americans in Benghazi....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b78ba433af3a45209668f745158d994c/clinton-ran-homebrew-computer-system-official-emails

Date:   3/4/2015 10:22:13 AM

See, I knew someone would bring up Behghazi.  That's done with.  It's been investigated. 

What bothers me more is the "rules don't apply to me" attitude.  In any event, it doesn't change my opinion that I do not want her as the next President of the U.S.   I don't know if this will hurt her politically or not. 

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Date:   3/4/2015 11:04:01 AM

Investigated is NOT adjudicated.  Good people died, then she LIED!!  An innocent man was sent to prison for a year.  For her to stand beside those flag draped caskets and lie to families about some obscure video being the cause of their deaths is reprehensible beyond belief, even for a Clinton.  For you to dismiss it as "investigated" and by inference say what difference, at this point, does it make speaks volumes.  What makes it even worse is that her and Bill had conversations about how the lie wouldn't pass muster, yet she stood beside it anyway.  Saying you don't support her for office doesn't justify excusing reprehensible and most likely illegal and most definitely morally bankrupt behavior.

I am very angry and at the same time saddened by the current state of politics in this country and now especially our state.  Most all thinking people know that coruption exists throughout politics at all levels, but to read the emails and other documents filed in court in the SOH Hubbard case is so revealing in its blatency.  I have lost all hope of the system ever righting itself.  We are too far gone but I am sure the 10, 15, 20+ million new voters the country will see in the next few years will set things right by way of the ballot box.

Subject:   You think Benghazi is over?
Date:   3/4/2015 12:25:21 PM

That is the context of the discovery of the private emails and homebrewed server.  I think it is far from over and it should be on the radar screen of the American people.  If you have a SOS and POTUS that are willing to repeatedly lie to the American people about the murder of four of our citizens for political reasons you would think that might be important to your decision when casting a vote.  

If only this were just about her feeling like she should be treated differently.  This is about her and her senior advisors knowingly and willfully violating federal law in order to be able to hide their actions in their incredibly important positions of power in government.  That means a lot to a lot of us. 

Date:   3/4/2015 3:52:13 PM

Sorry, but for me, Benghazi is over.  Tragic, sad, but over. 

Date:   3/4/2015 4:32:05 PM

Understood, but for a great many Americans it causes a visceral reaction to know that the government refuses to help its own people and then repeatedly, knowingly lies to the American people over why simply for political benefit.  Fortunately there are some principled members of our government that likewise care to learn the truth.  Let's hear the truth and then let the average voter decide.  That clearly has not happened and one reason is Hillary is hiding emails.

Date:   3/4/2015 5:31:04 PM

Personally, I hope this disrails Hiliary's Presidential bid.  It's a mystery to me how the average American will react to this.  I don't think my reaction is the same as the average American, because of how I feel about public service, following the rules and transparency given my background. 

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online