Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   lucky67 - Email Member
Subject:   Ferguson
Date:   3/12/2015 11:01:37 AM

Did I miss POTUS press conference expressing outrage over cold bloodied shooting of 2 white policemen ; is Holder on his way to investigate ????

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Nope....they are happy
Date:   3/12/2015 11:09:52 AM

Considering they have been stoking a race war for years I am very sure they are pleased to finally get some positive results.  Bust a cap on a white officer is every black thugs patriotic duty!

Name:   lakngulf - Email Member
Date:   3/12/2015 12:29:25 PM

What?  No outrage that 83.7% of protestors are from 67% of population.  ProfileTestors

Date:   3/12/2015 12:49:31 PM

Worse than that, apparently there are around 30 groups that are funded by George Soros out there fomenting rage against the police and inciting the attempted murder of police officers.  What do you want to bet no one saw the perps that shot them.  Ah, the modern Democrat party......

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Date:   3/12/2015 4:05:11 PM

MM is in focus to the reality of the situation. 

Betcha cops were shot (if shot) by a delta force cracka.  (conjecture)    rifle or pistol round?  perp?  just wait....awhile..... for that

Same brave guys that killed children at Waco on Sunday.

Same fake theater as Sandy Hook.

Same Shortbus lunacy.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   MM you are an IDIOT!!!
Date:   3/12/2015 7:43:48 PM (updated 3/12/2015 7:50:32 PM)

Sorry, but based on your first post in this stream how could anybody with an ounce of sense come to any other conclusion.

Subject:   Thanks for driving by Archie
Date:   3/13/2015 9:00:13 AM

But I still don't read your posts because I can't afford to lose the brain cells.  But I appreciate you being such a devoted fan of mine.  And by the way, the feeling is mutual........but you get your stupidity based on your slavish belief in liberalism and big government solutions.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/13/2015 9:15:45 AM

I feel sorry for the people who live in Ferguson who aren't involved in the protests.  I can only imagine how tiresome the endless protests and media coverage would be when you are trying to go about your life.  Apparently this will not stop until the whole of the Feguson police force and the city goverment are dismantled.  I can't help but think that if the media stopped covering it, the protests would end.  All of this as a result of some thug who decided to confront the police. 

Name:   lucky67 - Email Member
Date:   3/13/2015 10:21:42 AM

OBAMA is so concerned about attack on Police--he sends out a "tweet" ---wow talk about ledership

Date:   3/13/2015 10:29:55 AM

Face it.  We live in a different age.  Tweeting is a legitmate form of communication now.  It probably gets to more people than if he held a press conference on TV.  We're being left in the dust of newer technology.

Name:   HARRY - Email Member
Date:   3/13/2015 10:33:51 AM

His tweets get to the people he wants to speak to. 

Date:   3/13/2015 10:52:12 AM (updated 3/13/2015 11:21:46 AM)

Sadly I think you are right.  The whole hashtag thing doesn't seem to want to go away.  I am not on twitter because I have seen how 143 characters can cause way more trouble than its worth but a lot of people are.  At Ga Tech basketball games they show tweets with pictures from the game on the jumbotron monitor.  Maybe it will eventually pass away but for now its a widely used form of communication, such as it is.

Date:   3/13/2015 1:24:23 PM

I don't use it either.  I don't use Instagram either.  It wasn't until I got a Smart phone that I learned to Text and that hasn't been too many years ago.   I feel like techology is whizzing by me.

Date:   3/13/2015 2:40:37 PM

I still have two daughters in college so I have ready access to technical support.  But since I am just texting and nothing else I don't need to go to that well very often.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Date:   3/13/2015 2:48:23 PM

Maybe Obama will do his next SOTU in a single tweet...certainly would cut out all the hoopla.  Better yet, he could send out a single tweet listing all his positive accomplishments and most likely still have more than a hundred characters still available...possibly all 144.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Subject:   Which reminds me...
Date:   3/13/2015 2:52:44 PM

The definition of gross ignorance...144 times ordinary ignorance!

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   MM you are an IDIOT!!!
Date:   3/13/2015 8:15:32 PM

With a subject line like that you still wonder why you aren't taken seriously?  You claim independence but your posts scream left wing zealot.  I don't really care whether MM is an "IDIOT" or not, but you should place your facts on the forum and participate in an adult give and take.  Your "agree with me all or none" approach does not serve you well.

Subject:   Living rent free in Archie's mind
Date:   3/14/2015 10:09:53 AM

Archibald has to use inflammatory titles because he knows I don't read his posts any more.  It really doesn't bother me because someone that adheres to his political philosophy and lacks even a shred of intellectual honesty to admit that dear leader is responsible for the logical outcome of his failed policies cannot be taken seriously. He is the poster child for low information left wing nuts.  Fortunately most of his posts on the forum are in the jokes section where he comments on others jokes. 

Subject:   MR H
Date:   3/14/2015 1:48:47 PM (updated 3/14/2015 1:52:29 PM)

Mr H frankly I have to take a somewhat skeptical view when my posts are condemned as being an "Agree with me all or none" attitude rather than reasoned discourse while you never seem to make similar comments about the right wing nuts in general on this forum or MM in particular.  Read MM's first post on this string and then look me in the eye and tell me those are the words of a man who wants a reasonable dialogue rather than an "agree with me all or none" idiot!!  If you think those are the words of a reasonable man who wants to encourage reason in others then you may be too far gone for any hope.

Subject:   Thanks Archie..MM you are STILL an IDIOT!!
Date:   3/15/2015 11:02:16 AM (updated 3/15/2015 11:03:38 AM)

Subject:   And I'm still not reading your posts
Date:   3/15/2015 2:08:54 PM

You are a nasty, unhappy little person. I hope you can find some happiness Archibald. 

Name:   h_hob - Email Member
Date:   3/15/2015 2:25:21 PM

Archiebelle, 

All of your posts make you look as if your are mentally challenged.

Date:   3/15/2015 4:12:00 PM

First, taking the all or none approach doesn't make one an idiot.  Second, "too far gone" for what?  I don't post on things I don't know about, but do wherei have knowledge and/or an opinion.  You won't see me taking a strong stand on your posts saying the economy is great or MM's responses saying it isn't, because I don't study the numbers or their source and the credibility thereto.  I will say the economy is better than it was before the 2008/2009 nosedive, but it surely seems that there are still an awful lot more empty storefronts than was the case prior to the nosedive, and I am really leery of the claimed jobless rate.  The old saying "figures lie and liars figure" probably is more true now than ever before.

Keep posting your opinions and supporting documentation, but understand that by calling someone an idiot, you have essentially conceded the fight.  If you think MM's retorts are inappropriate or in error, just stick to the facts as you know them and why/how they render MM's responses invalid. I for one would take them more seriously.

MM, you also have a tendency to assign ungracious names, especially for Archie.  I ask you as I did him to back off the character assassination and keep it to facts and opinion.  If your arguments are superior let them speak for themselves.

Nasreddin Hodja.

Date:   3/15/2015 5:30:34 PM

That's because he is mentally challenged like all libtards.  

Date:   3/15/2015 5:37:00 PM

Sorry but I can't take Archie seriously and I have stopped reading his posts. It is driving him crazy so he has resorted to insulting me in the title. Save your lecture for him.  I never directed anything to him in this thread but he sure came after me like a rabid dog.....and with the same level of intellect

Date:   3/15/2015 6:48:11 PM

Wasn't intended as a lecture....

It seems to me, and this observation did not start with this thread but a long history of trying to discuss issues of importance with liberals, that liberals are always angry, that one can't have a give and take discussion of issues without the liberal gettin very angry.  Goofy is the only exception I can think of, and that is partly because many of his posts are nothing more than drivel intended to get a rise out of conservatives.  I don't believe for a minute he has a free phone or any of the free stuff he claims to get.  Yet even with Goofy you can't engage in a meaningful discussion because he simply ignores anything that challenges or disproves his position.  That being said, he is still a coward in my book for refusing to reveal his true identity.  Doesn't seem to bother him.

Subject:   Apologies
Date:   3/16/2015 4:37:35 PM

Apologize if I took it as a lecture.  I just have a hard time taking him seriously given his history of historonics.  As GF, I also don't take him terribly seriously but he doesn't even try. 

Date:   3/16/2015 8:33:28 PM

No apology needed.  I retain the right to think for myself and unfortunately for Archie in most cases my conclusions are more in line with your posts than his.  A forum like this should be a place to exchange ideas, observations, and opinions.  If an "apples" post is answered with an "orange" answer then the BS Flag should be thrown and the thrower should be able to explain why.

Too bad our places are so far apart.  I suspect we have a lot in common, if not life experiences our outlook on life.  Maybe if CAT could loan me his go-fast boat one weekend I could mosey over your way.  That darned payment book seems to spoil the pudding, though....lol.

and, BTW, if Turkey continues its slide backward and ends up being another Iran where the mullahs rule, I might have to adopt a new screen name.  Turkey was pulled from the dark ages by Mustafa Kemal Attaturk in the early 1900s and when we were there in the late 60s, he was almost a God to Turks.  But, alas, the continuing pressure to Islamacize Turkey is beginning to take hold.  When we were there I had a secretary, Muzzaher Levent, who was Jewish.  At that time it was no big deal because the Turks bought into Attaturk's leadership and the creation and maintenance of a secular government.  I am not so sure she is very comfortable these days.  Attaturk must be rolling over in his grave in anguish.

Subject:   Mr H
Date:   3/16/2015 10:08:14 PM

Thanks for your reasoned comments which are rare on this forum.  Bottom line...MM posted an inflamatory and idiotic comment and I replied.  I called him an idiot, he is the only person that has ever called me a "baby killer". I rest my case.

Date:   3/17/2015 11:19:32 AM

I've been on Cat's go-fast boat and let me tell you, it not only goes fast but the fuel lines are 3 inches in diameter.  Had two in the back seat that I actually felt sorry for as they were less protected from the wind.  It was a blast of a ride.   

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Date:   3/19/2015 9:03:20 AM

http://www.infowars.com/epic-race-war-fail/

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site