Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Starbucks stupidity
Date:   3/23/2015 9:07:46 AM

Thank goodness they have abandoned this incredibly stupid "conversation" about race.  What an unmitigated disaster and a profoundly ridiculous idea.  I long ago stopped spending money on Starbucks products and I am pretty sure they realized that this idea drove away even more customers.  Who the he!! wants to talk about race relations with some barrista?!?!?  They just want to get their overpriced latte and move on with their lives.  They have quite the buffoon in the c-suite at Starbucks.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2015 10:24:11 AM

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2015 11:18:22 AM

When I go to Starbucks, I just want my latte and quickly.  I'd hate to think I would be expected to engage the barrista in a discussion.  As it is, most of them are too slow and conversation would just make it worse.

Subject:   Ahhh, the Gwen Ifil answer
Date:   3/23/2015 11:46:26 AM

Exactly what she said when this campaign was announced.  Last thing she wanted to engage in before she has had her morning coffee, and definitely not with a bunch of people in line behind her.  As for me, I am stuck with decaf and can't even take theirs as it makes me feel like crap.  So no Starbucks for me either way.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2015 11:47:29 AM

I actually agree with ya MM. Sometimes, your off the wall rhetoric has some validity that even a patriot like me can agree. I still cringe when my wife has to have her Pike Roast coffee from Starbucks. Good thing they feel sorry for her and charge her $.54 for a refill until the cup is falling apart. Too bad, there is no government program for lattes so even the downtroden could feel like a rich progressive or a mean spririted tea partier.

Date:   3/23/2015 2:11:35 PM

Don't make me question my sanity by agreeing with me.  I was just fine having you excoriate me for pretty much every position I have taken in the past.....kind of a sideways compliment when a left wing nut thinks I am off base......makes me feel that I must have something right.  Fortunately for me my wife doesn't drink coffee but my youngest daughter makes up for all of us.  She is on a first name basis with about 20 barista's around Atlanta.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2015 8:20:28 PM

It has been easy for me.  I don't like their coffee and the only coffee product I consume other than hot and black coffee is an occasional cappuccino...and then in Italy where they know how to make them.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2015 9:36:39 PM

Gracious!  I may be the only one on the forum that likes Starbucks coffee.  A "tall Pike Place, no room (black)" always satisfies my needs.  It's always hot, not too bold and usually served by a pleasant employee.  I ignore their corporate liberal drivel just as I do most movie stars and musicians inane ramblings. 

Date:   3/23/2015 10:37:17 PM

I love Starbucks.  But the barristas are too slow because they are poorly trained and not focused on what they are dong.   It isn't very difficult and it doesn't take a long time to put two shots of espresso in a cup and top it with steamed milk.   I don't find their employees unpleasant, but I really don't want to exchange more than pleasantries with them. 

Date:   3/24/2015 8:14:39 AM

I don't have a problem with Starbucks per se other than their decaf still has too much caffeine for me so I have to avoid it.  For me its not about their ideology, its about the product.  Case in point, I buy Newman's Own decaf for my Keurig at home.  More left wing drivel but their coffee tastes great and I can drink it without feeling like crap.  I do miss caffeine, especially on those days when I need the extra pick up in the morning.  Sigh..........

Date:   3/24/2015 3:31:12 PM

MM, if you are this A+ personality type uncaffeinated, I would hate to see you on caffeine.  :-)

Subject:   Kinda Wimpy To Me
Date:   3/24/2015 3:51:15 PM

Now that is funny. I always thought only wimpy progressives andr sweet old ladies with blue tint hair drank decaf. Nothing has changed my mind. Kinda like a martini with no olive.

Subject:   Kinda Wimpy To Me
Date:   3/24/2015 3:52:34 PM

Now that is funny. I always thought only wimpy progressives and sweet old ladies with blue tint hair drank decaf. Nothing has changed my mind. Kinda like a martini with no olive.

Subject:   DRD?!?
Date:   3/24/2015 4:56:47 PM

Your double posts remind me of the Department of Redundancy Department.  Anyway, one of the sad aspects of the aging process for me.  Started to feel like crap a few years ago.  Doctor checked me out just fine.  Told me to start eliminating things from my diet and see if that was the cause.  My list started with caffeine and ended with martini's.  Told my wife if I got to martini's and that was the problem I was just going to have to learn to live with it.  Fortunately I did not need to go past caffeine.  Way worse problems out there so I am OK with this one......

Subject:   ARCHIBALD
Date:   3/24/2015 5:33:07 PM

Archie needs to double post as the law of large numbers would be in play and you would have the pleasure of reading one of his "talking point" posts.  I still think you are a "closet" reader.....deny reading when you are lost for a response. With me, I have empathy for you as you age and I limit my rebuttals to those you can handle without resorting to more vodka. 

Subject:   I can appreciate that
Date:   3/24/2015 6:52:19 PM

I always drank strong, black coffee in the morning, but my stomach won't handle it first thing in the morning anymore. 

Subject:   Don't bring him into this
Date:   3/24/2015 9:55:21 PM

And I can assure you I do not read his posts anymore but not for the reason you posited. I just can't afford to lose the brain cells. He is utterly, completely hopeless and frankly not worth my time.  You are a rare left wing nut that occasionally demonstrates a modicum of humor so I put up with your slavish adherence to a failed ideology. 

Date:   3/24/2015 9:57:23 PM

For me it have me a tightness in my stomach like a knot and just made me feel bad. Not indigestion really. And I am a girlie man and take my coffee with cream and sugar. 

Date:   3/24/2015 11:06:18 PM

Cut out the sugar. Try alittle honey. What we eat today won't effect us tomorrow....but later in life we will look back and wonder why some of our health problems exist. 

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online