169 messages
Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   SCOTUS and OBAMACARE
Date:   6/10/2015 9:29:11 PM (updated 6/10/2015 9:31:09 PM)

If the SC rules against the subsidies for Insureds in  states under the Federal exchange, it will effect primarily Red states since they refused to set up state run exchanges. That will put alittle pressure I would assume when coverage is lost cause their state is run by the wing nuts.

Thanks Wingnuts I Lost My Coverage

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   And we'll all be better off
Date:   6/10/2015 10:32:42 PM

Really Goofy, you think the people that get the subsidy vote for Republicans?  Man, you are really goofy. Besides, whose to blame for this outcome anyway?  The GOP had nothing, zero, zip, nada to do with the writing of this pathetic law. Besides, the way it looks the GOP controlled Congress will do some kind of fix and Obama will veto it. So at the end of the day it will be his fault. Reality GF, it's highly recommended. 

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   [Message deleted by author]
Date:   6/11/2015 9:38:02 AM (updated 6/11/2015 10:04:50 AM)

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   And we'll all be better off
Date:   6/11/2015 10:06:15 AM (updated 6/11/2015 10:08:56 AM)

GF took the blue pill long ago.  He may actually believe what he says. i never considered that until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhlXqYiTz2Q

Reality   Republican    Red

“For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, i am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it…”
–Patrick Henry, addressing the 2nd Virginia Convention at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, March 23, 1775. Listen Read

Subject:   I vacillate on that question
Date:   6/11/2015 2:42:02 PM

GF is at times mildly humerous which makes him a very unusual liberal.  At times I think he posts things just to stir the pot because no one besides a true, dyed in the wool left wing nut would believe things that just aren't true.  I do know this, even if he is that brain dead there are at least enough brain cells in there that allow me to read his posts unlike some of the other left wing nuts that can suck the intellect out of you in one or two sentences.  Those I have decided to avoid reading......life is too short to be brought down to that level of stupidity and then beaten by experience.

Subject:   YOU DON'T VACILLATE
Date:   6/11/2015 8:39:32 PM

You just avoid answering. Tell me where are the death squads that the right wing nuts made such a big issue about? Check your tea party stats so you can provide the numbers. After all, you are always able to give hard numbers to back up your response.

Name:   JohnGalt - Email Member
Subject:   YOU DON'T VACILLATE
Date:   6/11/2015 9:22:43 PM

The results of the midterm elections were enough proof that the aca is a disaster. dems were trying to distance themselves from this subject before the election. They still want to avoid the subject that they voted for it.

Subject:   CAP LOCKS STUCK?!?!?
Date:   6/11/2015 10:02:16 PM

GF, please don't get stuck on stupid. You are fixated on death panels and are totally ignoring the plethora of other predictions about choice, cost, doctors, keeping your insurance, etc., etc. that all came true despite the lies told by your false messiah and the abject stupidity of the left that can't seem to learn from history.  First of all the Payment Advisory Board under Obamacare is alive and functioning. Once they start deciding that certain treatments cost too much or someone is too old to receive them this prediction will come to pass, so be patient.  It's time may come unless this travesty is repealed and replaced. Took the natonal health services in Europe a bunch of years of cost increases and budget busting before they starting rationing. There's a reason old folks dread the hospital in many European countries. They know they won't get out alive. Do your duty and die.....you are no longer useful to society. If all the other predictions about the negative aspects of Obamacare have come true, and they have, then you just need to be patient and wait on this one....or take your blue pill like Obama suggested and you won't have to wait around to see it happen.  Humiliation is not something one should seek.....

Name:   copperline - Email Member
Subject:   I completely agree
Date:   6/12/2015 12:07:37 PM

If the Supreme Court does rule against the ACA, the conservatives who opposed the law will be held responsible in a big way.... and it's going to do real damage to the Republican political brand.    No avoiding it, since they have been launching cruise missiles at the Obamacare since the beginning.  Nibbling around the edges, multiple votes to repeal, multiple attempts to destabilize it.   It's incredible to me that this could hinge on nothing more than a typo... surely no rational person believes the law was written to only give tax credits to people only in select states.   That would be like giving the mortgage tax deduction to people who live in one state, but not another.   

There is not going to be a lot of cheering if & when the system were to collapse.. especially when spill-over effect impacts the entire health insurnce market, not just ACA policies.

The damage that could be done will be catastrophic for many people, and the cavalier attitude some people have about this is appalling.   I do not understand what the Tea Party and Republican Party (I believe we should be talking about them like they are seperate groups) have against health insurance for as many people as possible, but I expect that if this law is truly disrupted we will see Conservatives distancing themselves as best they can from responsibility for causing the problems.    In the short time the ACA has been in effect, I suspect many GOP voters have found it to be useful to their families... and quietly signed on.   Another segment of GOPers will know friends, relatives & family members who found the benefits of the ACA to be a truly good thing.   Only people wealthy enough to not care about such things as medical costs and premiums can afford to scoff at the law's benefits, and they are the real minority.

Like the government shutdown, and the invasion of Iraq.... Conservatives have a very narrow, self-centered and short-term view of what is good for the country... and are prone to take drastic actions without adequately considering the consequences.    It is certainly obvious that they don't care about helpful public policy initiatives until their ox that is gored.   Then, as now, they become supporters of parts of the ACA like preventing pre-existing condition exclusions, or extending coverage to dependent family members, or portability of policies.  

I am looking forward to hearing conservatives chirp "it's a good thing we prevented you from keeping your health insurance" in their future campaign rhetoric.   

Subject:   Wishful thinking
Date:   6/12/2015 12:25:55 PM

Yeah, they gained control of the Senate and House, governorships and state government running on repealing and replacing Obamacare and the SCOTUS decision will be a disaster?!?!?  RFLMAO!  I say bring it on!  We could use more distasters like that.  Fact is that the vast majority of people getting these subsidies don't vote Republcan anyway.  You too need to embrace reality.

Besides, if SCOTUS rules the way they should and not invent something in the law not in the law like last time, the GOP led House and Senate will pass a fix and then dear leader will veto it.  Could have gotten away with the lie in the past but no more with the alternate media.  

Face it, y'all are at historic lows in government because of Obamacare.  It is still opposed by a majority of Americans, those that get the subsidies don't vote for the GOP anyway and this abysmal law is owned lock, stock and barrel by the DemocRAT party.  But you keep living in fantasy land and we'll keep winning.

Subject:   Wishful thinking
Date:   6/12/2015 6:03:57 PM

Reality?  Let's try a thought experiment together.   I have a brother in law who has terminal cancer, can't work due to chemo, a wife with no job skills, and a small child.   If the ACA is dismantled as you wish, he will have no insurance and could endure a grizzly death before he finishes the Medicare waiting period.  His wife will be further impoverished and vulnerable.  He will be reduced to begging for his life.

You have a brother who lives in a completely government funded nursing facility, whose care might only cost a couple of hundred thousand dollars a year if it was provided at privately home.

Imagine both men are about to lose their health care because, as a nation, we don't think they deserve the support of a government program.   If that were to happen, where would you stand on the issue?

The point is simple.  While I would never begrudge your brother the assistance and care he receives from my tax dollars, my brother in law deserves no less concern or compassion from you.   My wife certainly believes her brother is worth the same as yours.  The same goes for all the people who need health insurance and can only find it thru the ACA.

If someone's station in life allows them to  feel immune to the problem, it's easy to be aloof & cavalier when it comes to issues like national health care.  It's only when the issue strikes closer to home... becomes personal.... that those people decide it's important to care.

That's reality.

Subject:   Bullcrap
Date:   6/12/2015 10:42:53 PM (updated 6/12/2015 10:50:06 PM)

My older brother served 20 years in the military and has earned every bit of care he gets and that has not a damn thing to do with Obamacare. He's not some leach off society that expects the rest of us to pay for his health care. He made a huge sacrifice for over 20 years by serving in the military and is not remotely related to this stupid law.  What an imbecilic example.

However, My other brother had pancreatic cancer two years ago, had no health insurance and got terrific care.  My Dad had quadruple bypass surgery with no health insurance and got terrific care.  So stop with the lies about people dying because they don't have Obamacare. You are some sick dude to try to guilt the rest of us about some relative like before Obamacare he was doomed and without Obamacare he is doomed.  

You are now on Archie treatment for that pile of monkey excrement. I will no longer read your drivel. Sick Coppertop....totally sick. 

Subject:   Bullcrap
Date:   6/13/2015 11:35:12 AM

Looks like I struck a nerve.   Again, I do not regret the care your brother recieves from the government & our tax dollars.  It's interesting that you insinuate that your other brother & father got so much free care from their health care providers.  Or did they?   More likely, as uninsured patients undergoing extensive medical treatments, the cost of their care was passed along to the rest of us thru rising medical costs, or indigent care funds from tax dollars, or otherwise absorbed as losses by the hospitals they were treated in.

A quick search reveals that a quad-bypass costs between $30,000 - $200,000, followup physical therapy is $50-$350 per session, and meds are several hundred per month.   The costs of treating Pancreatic cancer range from $50,000 to $200,000, not including follow-up medications that can run up to $8000 per month..   If your family is well off enough to write a check for these amounts, you are indeed a lucky fellow, but I suspect you have just given us examples of how your family has benefitted greatly from government programs you so despise.

If you really are confident that everyone can count on free medical care, you can cancel your family's policies and have at it.  By your reasoning, it will save you loads of cash.

Meanwhile, you have still not explained why your brother's life is worth more than my wife's.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Copper, wear your banishment with pride!
Date:   6/13/2015 2:39:12 PM (updated 6/13/2015 2:44:27 PM)

You did indeed strike a nerve...congratulations.  You ask a reasonable question and make a reasonable argument.  You raise terrible truths that MM and his ilk cannot abide so they do exactly what you might expect this crowd...take the ball and go home and ban you from their playground.  Indeed, wear your banishment with pride!

Subject:   Wear it with pride but no stalking!!!!
Date:   6/14/2015 9:27:45 AM (updated 6/14/2015 9:28:52 AM)

Just don't get all creepy and fixated on me like Archibald. Others have opined it may be sexual attraction but I shudder at the thought. Just forget I exist Copper.....don't not be like Archie.  It's not very manly. 

Subject:   off the deep end now.....
Date:   6/14/2015 10:00:19 AM

Imagining forum members have a sexual interest in you is an incredible admission about how you see yourself, and comes WAY out of left field.   Now that's creepy.

Subject:   Creepy Describes MM, but still MENSA Material
Date:   6/14/2015 2:18:13 PM (updated 6/14/2015 2:23:49 PM)

MM has an extremely well developed sense of self importance (perhaps including sexual), which he makes no effort to hide behind any silly wall of false modesty. When you are sure you are the smartest person in the room (unless you ever happen to share a room with Newt Gingrich), why not be arrogant?

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   Whoa
Date:   6/14/2015 9:30:48 PM

That is not what he said.  Read it again.  Don't let your disagreement with his opinions drag you into Archie's gutter.

Date:   6/14/2015 10:19:32 PM

Hodja, welcome back. Since you disagree with Copperline, how do you interpret this from MM??? 

"Just don't get all creepy and fixated on me like Archibald. Others have opined it may be sexual attraction but I shudder at the thought. Just forget I exist Copper.....don't not be like Archie.  It's not very manly."

He rants all the time and I guess any disagreement should question his manhood or lack thereof. Give me a break....no one is stalking anyone other than in MM's mind to make him feel more important than his puppets think he is.....

Now tell us, what the he$$ was he trying to say or imply??? It sounds to me like a Limbaugh line of absolutely nothing.

Date:   6/14/2015 10:25:59 PM

Seems you are really good at mining past posts when you think it might support your position but not so adept when it obviously won't.

Date:   6/14/2015 11:56:12 PM

Hey man, you lost me. I was referencing this post from Sun AM.  I thought that was the post you were asking Copperline about. You make a simple question into a conspiracy.

Wear it with pride but no stalking!!!! - MartiniMan - 6/14/2015 9:27:45 AM

Date:   6/15/2015 6:08:51 AM (updated 6/15/2015 6:33:55 AM)

Are you really that dense?  I guess I will have to get down to your intellectual level and explain it in terms my daughter in law's first grade students would understand.  What Martini said was "Others have opined that it may be a sexual attraction..."  

Copper said "Imagining that other forum members have a sexual attraction...".  Sorry bud, but the two are NOT the same.

Name:   h_hob - Email Member
Date:   6/15/2015 2:01:15 PM

MM,

You sure seem to attract some strange followers, "such as Archiebelle, copperbottom, and GFY."

Date:   6/16/2015 9:52:52 AM

Yep, and they have trouble reading what I post as well.......  Believe me I will not miss reading what either of them post.  I only bother with GF because he is at times mildly humorous, very unusual for a left wing nut.  I keep telling Archie to forget I exist and he keeps posting.  I just hope Copper can take the hint.  Life is too short to be dragged down intelllectually and morally so I have voluntarily elected to not read what they post.  But they can keep posting if others are so inclined to read them.  It is after all a free country......for now.....

Date:   6/16/2015 9:53:47 AM

Don't ask GF to exhibit reading comprehension.  His govt school education has failed him on more than one occasion.

Date:   6/16/2015 10:25:16 PM

In this case it was Copper who read what he wanted to read instead of what you wrote.  Goofy just kept hammering away, I guess not bothering to comprehend what was really written.  He even quoted it.  Must have been the pixie dust that clouded his eyesight.

Subject:   oh, yeah....right
Date:   6/17/2015 7:23:40 AM

LOL.   Of course, my mistake.    A thousand apologies.   MM was just saying that OTHER people thought that arguing with him was suggestive of a bizarre sexual infatuation of some sort.   Of course that wasn:t saying he agreed with them... he was just making casual conversation,.....whiile changing the subject and adding a dose of implausible deniability at the same time.

Doublespeak.   Always did have trouble interpreting that language.

Date:   6/17/2015 8:29:19 AM

Poor reading comprehension, lack of understanding of history, inability to use facts, logic and reason and zero sense of humor.......all common attributes of left wing nuts.  That's the problem with wing nuts like Copper, et al., they have a total inability to comprehend the use of humor.  Let me guess, not having read his post I am betting that Copper probably actually thinks I believe that Archie is sexually interested in me, right?  LOL......the left, so predictable and tedious.

Subject:   So, MM has no interest in diverse opinions
Date:   6/17/2015 5:43:26 PM (updated 6/17/2015 5:48:27 PM)

Typical  "patriotic" right wing philosophy.

Also interesting to hear MM talk about other's lack of a sense of humor.  If he has ever said anything remotely funny I missed it.  His sense of humor seems about as charming as a barrel of dead kittens.

Subject:   oh, yeah....right
Date:   6/17/2015 8:36:09 PM

And apparently "single speak" as well.  ??

You gonna patronize Smith Marina when they open....or are they already?  Haven't been up there for about a month.

Name:   h_hob - Email Member
Subject:   So, MM has no interest in diverse opinions
Date:   6/17/2015 9:51:09 PM

Archiebelle,

Gather your ménage à trois and crawl back in your barrel of dead kittens.

Subject:   Stupidity is not diversity
Date:   6/18/2015 8:25:52 AM

I occasionally read The Nation, Slate and a couple of others to gather my diverse opinions.  They occasionally have pieces by intellectually honest liberals that can actually respond to facts, even if their conclusions are different than mine.  I can and have learned from them.  But to read the drivel of left wing nuts on this forum (other than GF) is a huge waste of time.  When they lose the argument based on facts, logic and reason they try to tell us we want their sister to die or resort to childish name calling.  I have simply decided not to let them drag me down to their level of intellectual vacuosness and then beat me with experience.  

Why this bothers them so much is beyond me.  Lots of folks on this forum don't respond to my posts which is fine with me.  Move along.....nothing to see here.....

Subject:   Yep, and stupidity defines most of what MM says
Date:   6/18/2015 11:00:43 PM (updated 6/18/2015 11:18:34 PM)

I have generally backed my posts with truth and facts.  If you are too biased and too afraid and too unwilling to confirm and if confirmed still refuse to accept them, then who is the stupid one?  Please point out and prove any statement of fact that I have made that is untrue or incorrect.  I am not talking opinions expressed, you can accept or not accept my opinion as you please, I am referring a fact I have pointed to in a post...where and which can be demonstrated as incorrect.  Please post one example. The old adage is true "you are entitled to your own personal opinions but you are not entitled to your own personal facts" unless of course you are the beloved MM.

PS: speaking of name calling, who else other than me has been called a "baby killer" by a poster on this forum...you can probably guess who did the "honors"!

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online