169 messages
Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Billary favorability at 39%
Date:   7/16/2015 8:29:34 AM (updated 7/16/2015 8:38:08 AM)

According to the latest AP poll.  And she is dropping like a rock with Dems and losing to generic Republicans in six battleground states.  As I said before, the more she talks the worse she does.  And her re re re-introduction was another flop.  If she weren't a woman and hadn't stuck by Slick Willie through his affairs, rapes, pedophilia and running a family crime foundation she would be a no nothing nobody third rate lawyer in some personal injury firm in Chicago.  

And this is the best the Democrat party has to offer......wow.......

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Are you going to post
Date:   7/16/2015 12:18:42 PM

everytime a new poll comes out?  MM, the election is still 16 months away, so it is unlikely that any poll numbers are coming out now will make any diffence to the eventual outome.  Just as Donald Trump is rating highly in Republican polls, I doubt he will be the top contender.  And in the interest of fairness about who the Democrats are putting forward, what about the Republicans?  It's not exactly a stellar field either.  It makes me sad to think that anyone who is currently declared is the best our country can do for its top leader. 

Subject:   This is one poll of many
Date:   7/16/2015 1:09:48 PM (updated 7/16/2015 1:12:24 PM)

There are dozens done every week and you accuse me of posting every poll that comes out?!?!?  I will post about polls that interest me and this one did for a variety of reasons.  Mostly because they point to the potential fallacy of Hillary's inevitability.  Are you going to ask me if I am going to post every poll every time I post an occasional poll?!?!?!?   

The polls on the GOP side are much less interesting because there are so many candidates that at any time someone can float to the top because they are taking all the oxygen out of the room temporarily ala the Donald.  He won't be the nominee so I am not all that interested in the mainstream media fixation.  Much different situation on the Dem side given there is supposedly only one candidate and that a coronation is in the works.  Makes polls infinitely more interesting.

But as to the GOP field, I would take the worst of them over Hillary.  And none of them would be a worse President than Obama.  It's no surprise you don't seem to like any of them.  At some point you are going to either vote for one of them, for Hillary or stay home.  No other option unless Trump or Bernie go 3rd party.

Subject:   By the way
Date:   7/16/2015 1:35:30 PM

I went and looked and my last post about a poll was June 6th.  I assume even you know that lots of poll results have been reported since then, right? And you do realize that I haven't posted anything about them in over a month and a half, right?

Date:   7/16/2015 1:47:43 PM

It's just more interesting to you, because it goes against Hilary.  But we both know she is not going to drop out any time soon, so why is that interesting, 16 months before the election?  A lot of democrats don't like Hilary either.  Bernie Sanders is rising in the polls, mainly beause he is a Hilary alternative.  You are not proving anything.  Let's be clear, we all hate Hilary.  But I hate most of the Republican field too.  Just like Hilary, everytime they open their mouths, it just makes it worse.

Subject:   Are you
Date:   7/16/2015 1:51:00 PM

wanting me to pat you on the back for your self control?  

Oh, and you hate Obama?  Got that, about 7 years ago.  And a lot of those declared Republicans would be much worse than anything Obama has done. 

Subject:   Only in your dreams
Date:   7/16/2015 2:13:42 PM

If you really believe that you might as well vote for Hillary.

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Date:   7/16/2015 2:38:02 PM

If not Hillary, maybe Archie and Hound could get a write-in campaign going for Colin Powell. 

Date:   7/16/2015 3:15:07 PM

If they did he would get exactly two votes.

Name:   Buteye - Email Member
Date:   7/16/2015 4:28:29 PM

I don't know why it matters to you if MM wants to comment any time new polls come out. Why not just ignore his response to the polls if that disturbs you so much? Also, I find it difficult to understand why you choose the word "hate" to describe some of the republican candidates who have announced their entry to pursue the presidency. It would be interesting to find out what you "hate" about some of those who have entered the race. Further, I agree with MM that any one of those who have announced would easily overshadow Obama's reign. What are any of his accomplishments that you feel have been good for the our country? The detriment he has created is too great to even try to comprehend.

Date:   7/16/2015 10:41:04 PM

Because he takes such pleasure in it.  Like it is something noteworthy that he alone is aware of.  I get that he doesn't like her.  I don't like her either. 

I "hate" a good portion of the Republican field because they can't say what they would do to resolve problems and how they would go about it.  That is what I want to know.  Instead, they insist on saying ridiculous things and criticizing Obama.  He's about to be history.  I already know they don't like Obama and think everything he has done is wrong.  What I want to know specifically what they are going to do to solve problems.  It's the same every election.  It just starts earlier every time.  But at the end of the day, someone has got to have solutions, not rhetoric. 

Date:   7/16/2015 10:43:58 PM

Unless someone starts talking solutions to problems, that doesn't involve massive tax breaks for the top 1%, I may vote for Bernie.  I want to hear SOLUTIONS to problems; not rhetoric, not criticisms of Obama, who is about to be history.

Date:   7/16/2015 11:20:26 PM

I find it hard to understand what any of the Republican candidates may represent or have said that could bring forth your statement of "hate" against any one of them. I have always thought the word "hate" was a pretty strong indictment against anyone. I felt like the word "dislike" would be a better way to express ones concerns, but apparently your feelings go much deeper.

Subject:   Ah
Date:   7/17/2015 10:21:17 AM

This is a question of semantics.  It was a figure of speech.  Obviously, I don't "hate" them because I don't know them as individuals. 

Date:   7/17/2015 11:50:40 AM

Boy,you sure have a way with words.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   MM By The Way
Date:   7/17/2015 12:49:49 PM

"Are you going to ask me if I am going to post every poll every time I post an occasional poll?!?!?!?" This belongs in the JOKE Forum. MM, the typical Right Wing Nut who just can't be honest. Your poll posts are NOT occasional dude. You are someone who is obsessed with polls. You post every poll and comment on every poll that shows less than 50% for the Left or more than 50% for the Right.  

Search All Forums

334 Posts Found

Date:   7/17/2015 5:50:13 PM

Yes, sometimes I am lazy on the internet and don't wait to choose just the right word that specifically describes the exact emotion that I am feeling, as I know you must.  For most people, they understand that "hate" is a term is used casually to mean "not liked".  Are you sure your alias shouldn't be "Butteye"? 

In the future, I sugges that you don't bother reading my posts, since I doubt that my choice of words will ever be satisfactory to you.  MM and I frequently sparr on issues, but it is not taken personally on either side, so I doubt you need to rush to his rescue.  There are any number of issues on which he and I have agreed to disagree.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Well played GF,
Date:   7/17/2015 11:12:39 PM

Well played indeed old chap! (I learnt how to talk like'at in England las' May!)

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Subject:   MM By The Way
Date:   7/18/2015 7:41:46 AM

With over 6300 total posts that equate to roughly 0.5% of his total posts. Obviously he is totally obsessed.

Subject:   Read carefully Goofy
Date:   7/18/2015 7:06:56 PM

The assertion was that I posted "every" poll which I refuted quite nicely.  Of course I cherry pick the polls I like.  I sort of assume you left wing nuts wouldn't want them to see the light of day so I post away.  But let me guess, Archie had a near organsm at your response which I have nicely swatted back.  Libtards, dull and and incapable of critical thought.  Your govt schools failed you......ask for a refund.

Subject:   LOL...making Goofy look silly
Date:   7/18/2015 7:07:49 PM

As easy as swatting flies.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   7/18/2015 10:16:49 PM

I may look silly, but you are looking rather foolish. The number of poll postings is 5% not .05%.  I still say 5% for the topic of polls is obssessed.  You need to leave the polls and find another pasttime. As to Archie, you need to give up trying to "guess" what he posts. His posts are typically too important for you to just try and guess. Like polls, you cherry pick hs postings. From not reading any you really looked like a fool responding to his post a few weeks ago. I am convinced you read every post of his when you are hiding under the cover at night.

Your boy Trump is going down in flames. Can't wait for him to dump on his rivals at the debates. Keep it up Donnie! Even FOX is afraid to have him on for fear he will screw up the Right beyond repair.

Date:   7/20/2015 8:20:44 AM

Now Goofy, let's use some critical thinking here which I know for you will be a true challenge.  When you do a search for polls and it comes up with a number that includes any with the word poll in the subject line.  That means that if say there is an occasional good poll for a left wing nut and they post it and I reply....bingo, not my origial post but I have a hit for poll.  And if I do post a poll and there is back and forth with poll in the subject line then bingo, I have a hit for a poll.  So my suggestion is that you go back through all my posts to the beginning of time and find the number of original posts I had about polls.  Then we can talk.

As for 5% being "obsessed" let's try a little more critical thinking.  Let's say on an average day you are awake a total of 16 hours (usually starts around noon for a left wing nut).  And you spend 5% of that 16 hours (that's a grand total of 48 minutes for you math challenged libtards) watching TV.  Would anyone say you are obsessed with TV?  Or think of it like this, let's say you spend that 48 minutes exercising.  Would anyone say you you were obsessed with excersise?  You see Goofy. you have this distorted view of the world and it negatively impacts your grasp on reality.  Critical thinking Goofy, give it a try before you post.

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Date:   7/20/2015 4:24:14 PM

So once again I have demonstrated I shouldn't do math in my head.

By comparison 90%+ of your post spout left wing diatribe and support for left wing positions and people, so what does that make you? What does it show about you? Are you obsessed with supporting failed ideologies? Inquiring minds want t to know.

Subject:   Of course he's obsessed
Date:   7/20/2015 4:59:14 PM

But most of his posts relate to the occasional GOP politician that goes astray.  But even I don't think he is obsessed with them, but mostly because there are so few.  Now if he posted every time a Dem commits a crime, gets caught with underage girls, etc. he would have to quit whatever he calls his day job.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online