Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Great Comparison
Date:   7/20/2015 10:18:03 PM

Interesting Comparison

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   More like a contrast...a stark one
Date:   7/21/2015 1:44:23 PM

I am no fan of John McCain as a Senator but he was unbelievably courageous in Vietnam.  What is even more interesting is Trump's claim to have "only" been worth $200K coming out of college.  That's probably close to $1M in today's dollars.  Don't know about you but I got out of college with debt and a teaching assistantship while I got my Masters that paid $456 per month.  

I have been watching Trump and his rise in the polls and the nerve he has struck with immigration with some amusement.  Would never vote for the guy but you have to admire his ability to get press.  And from now on he will be known as former presidential candidate just like Perot, Nader and others.  Brilliant PR move I guess, but with no concern about anybody else.  On that front he is at least consistent.  What he said about POWs was stupid and he at first tried to double down and is now trying to walk it back.  I think it will be the gaffe that ends his attempt to win the nomination but time will tell.  All the press coverage tells me they think he is doing a lot of damage to the GOP brand which may be correct or may not.  Again, time will tell.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   7/21/2015 3:02:47 PM

I don't think that Trump will be the final candidate, but I don't think what he said hurt him as much as some people think.  He should not have said it.  But since he just gave Lindsay Graham's personal cell phone number out to the public, I imagine that the press will drop the McCain thing.  In a perverse kind of way, it is amusing to watch Trump do and say things that are definitely outside of most politicans social norms.

Date:   7/21/2015 4:14:37 PM

It is interesting to watch the turmoil and press created by a non-politician running for office and refusing to walk back non-PC comments.  That's probably what is attractive about the guy to a lot of people.  They are sick and tired of the usual politician BS and see him as a breath of fresh air...figuratively speaking.  I have to admit I have way more respect for him than I do Martin O'Malley walking back his "all lives matter" comment to the left wing nuts at the netroots convention.  Breathtaking to watch a politician having to apologize for saying that all lives matter.  How far we have fallen......

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   McCain an idiot and traitor
Date:   7/21/2015 4:39:57 PM (updated 7/21/2015 4:44:51 PM)

Lost 3 planes in non-combat, killed 165 men on deck from a big funny joke, was nicknamed songbird - he told all

for food, clean clothes and hookers.

Did you read this MM?    Your opinion needs adjustment.   Trump can smell a scumbag.

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/fraud/elections_campaigning/news.php?q=1217103060

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=mccain+hanoi+hilton+traitor

Date:   7/21/2015 5:16:12 PM

Never heard any of these and if true, he has done a masterful job hiding it.  For some reason my spidey sense is tingling about these stories.  I knew he finished near the bottom of his class but don't consider that a big deal.  Let me do a little looking as my best friend's father said often, believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.  Would be something the Donald could use to good effect if true.

Subject:   Simply Not True
Date:   7/21/2015 5:56:35 PM (updated 7/21/2015 5:59:00 PM)

Simply not true. If all this were true my buddies on the Left would have used it against McCain when he ran for President. 

The Forrestal Disaster, July 29, 1967

At the time of this incident Lt. Cdr. McCain already had flown several bombing missions over North Vietnam from the aircraft carrier USS Forrestal. As he was in his A-4 Skyhawk, loaded with two, 1,000-pound bombs and waiting on the carrier deck for his turn to launch, a Zuni missile accidentally fired from another aircraft, swooshed across the carrier deck and struck either McCain's plane or one next to it.

That triggered a fire and a series of bomb and missile explosions that killed 134 sailors. McCain himself barely escaped alive. He quickly leaped from his plane into the pool of burning jet fuel that immediately surrounded him. About 90 seconds later he was blown 15 feet back when the first bomb “cooked off” and exploded, killing several nearby firefighters.

Subject:   [Message deleted by author]
Date:   7/21/2015 5:56:36 PM (updated 7/21/2015 5:57:20 PM)

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Shortbus demonstrates a truth
Date:   7/21/2015 10:17:59 PM (updated 7/21/2015 10:20:20 PM)

It is always open season for swiftboating anybody the extreme looney rightwing crazys have any disagreement with.

Date:   7/22/2015 11:25:24 AM

I suggest MM post the results of his research of whether or not he believes McCain is a war hero.

Subject:   Shortbus Wants MM To Save Him
Date:   7/22/2015 2:17:27 PM (updated 7/22/2015 2:18:16 PM)

Shorty is waiting for MM to support his fiction. Shorty, "Please MM support me I am one of your puppets". Well, read this and save your leader from having to spend his valuable time running down your fictional posts. I bet you voted for Palin and McCain rather than your President. Strange, I am supporting a Republican but these lies all started with the GOP Carolina Primary. 

Poor Shorty Needs Support

Subject:   Make that 60 planes, 165 men, #1of33 for execution
Date:   7/22/2015 9:48:43 PM (updated 7/22/2015 9:51:30 PM)

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07/20/trump-opens-mccains-treasonous-can-of-worms/

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online