Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   They Live ...... a shortbus movie
Date:   8/5/2015 8:23:45 AM

http://www.infowars.com/they-live-we-sleep-a-dictatorship-disguised-as-a-democracy/

Shortbus Cinema is proud to present:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMym1-uf5eI

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Do You
Date:   8/5/2015 8:53:05 AM

seriously believe this stuff??  Do you ever question who is writing this stuff - it is pure propaganda to control your mind.  And if you believe this, then I assume that you support groups like Occupy, who are speaking and acting out for what they believe in.  And supported people like Abby Hoffman and SDS in the past? 

Subject:   Do You
Date:   8/5/2015 9:01:13 AM (updated 8/5/2015 9:14:06 AM)

I believe in your choice to watch the movie or ignore it.

You have judged the movie by its title without seeing it.  The movie is fun to watch - not dry.

My post is an effort to increase your freedom and understanding.

Your post is to condemn by false association.  I should care less.   Back to MSNBC..................

In case you have not caught on, this is entertaining fiction that might make some think.

Subject:   No
Date:   8/5/2015 9:23:33 AM

I really find t incredible that anyone can really believe this stuff and I questioned who is writing this sort of propaganda - and I think that is a correct term for it.  And I merely pointed out that, if you believe that the govenrment is attempting to control your mind, than you must support past and present groups that have made much the same claim. Also Eric Snowden.  Anytime anyone comes up with these conspiracy theories about the govenrment I have to giggle.  Having spent much of my adult life working for the government and knowing how things work, I liken the chance of a big conspiracy by the government to saying that Jurassic World is a documentary.

And BTW, I think your assessment of how much of my time is spent watching MSNBC is greatly overstated.  I usually spend an hour in the morning watching Morning Joe, because I enjoy the political discussion.  I don't think I've ever watched anything else on MSNBC and in general, I don't watch much TV at all.  And when I do, it is likely to be "create" on APT or HGTV.  Now HGTV, might be attempting to control my mind and implanting thoughts that I need to renovate and redecorate.

Subject:   Yep
Date:   8/5/2015 10:26:25 AM (updated 8/5/2015 11:01:26 AM)

Eric Snowden      Hero.

William Binney      Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVqIRXdYDc

Thomas Drake     Hero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Andrews_Drake

I bet you think the gubment doesn't put all your phone calls (yes content) on a hard drive in Utah.

Date:   8/5/2015 11:25:47 AM

The truth of the matter is that I don't mind if they do. I know the difference between targeted data and randomly captured data.  In the wake of 9/11, I realized that our government was going to take actions that were far more invasive than they had been previously.  I accept that.  I have held a high security clearance and, as a former Fed, accept they they know every aspect of my life, already. 

I'm a lot more concerned about the Chinese having  all my personal data via the OPM hack, because I don't know what they will do with it. 

Date:   8/5/2015 11:46:01 AM

We agree on the OPM hack.

Ancient COBOL unencrypted database of everyone, probably the spooks too.

Rediculous.

Date:   8/6/2015 3:16:03 PM

The worst part of it was that it went on so long undetected.  And that it included the security clearance data base.  Depending on your level of clearance, it gets pretty detailed including the names of your relatives, friends and neighbors.  I assume that my Financial Disclosure information was hacked too, which is every debt and every investment  have for years.  It included account numbers.

So now you understand why if the government is storing my phone calls, it's not worrying me too much. 

Date:   8/6/2015 4:06:29 PM

If you wish to sacrifice your 4th amendment, so be it.

What if I don't?

Date:   8/6/2015 6:04:27 PM

But I don't see it as a sacrifice.  I think there will be changes, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I think you have to remember how it was just after 9/11.  People were willing to sacrifice everything to feel "safe".  Well, I don't think the Patriot Act made us any safer and I don't think detaining people in Guantanamo made us safer.  And honestly, I don't think the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan made us safer.

But, there is a difference between being targeted and having your phone calls recorded and just having them captured in a random sweep.  Would you feel the same if you believed that having your phone calls swept would keep the U.S. safer from terrorists?  I'm not trying to convince you of anything here.  I'm just asking a question.

Subject:   Uh huh
Date:   8/6/2015 7:19:06 PM

9/11 was an excuse to take our freedoms and kick but in the middle east.  Its all a lie. 

Give me an estimate for 220 acres of asbestos removal in buildings 1/2 rented & hard to heat and cool.

Jet fuel does not bring down a building.  Especially building 7.  No plane hit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrpLp-X0ws

Yea bubba, three buildings fell that day.

Excepting the three 9-11 collapses, no fire, however severe, has ever caused a steel-framed high-rise building to collapse.

http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/compare/fires.html

Date:   8/6/2015 7:30:17 PM

As I understand it, it wasn't just the fire, it was the impact of the crash as well. 

Are you saying you don't believe that 9/11 was real.  I can tell you it was, at least as far as the Pentagon went.  A colleagues brother lost his life and for weeks and months afterward, there was a terrible smell of jet fuel.  There were bodies in bags laid out in the courtyard.  A collegue of mine was sitting at one of the bus stops when the plane hit.  He felt the aftershocks of the crash.  Believe me, it was no joke  My former collegues were lucky that they got out of that building with their lives.  They were two corridors over from the point of impact. 

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   8/6/2015 8:55:42 PM

Short, you need a reality check.  I watched the plane hit the second tower on live television.  I was in DC October 5th that year and saw the gaping hole in the Pentagon myself.  YGTBSM.

Date:   8/6/2015 10:27:38 PM (updated 8/6/2015 10:33:26 PM)

Talking about a joke, the Pentagon is really a joke.

Where did the 60 tons of airplane scrap aluminum go?   Evaporated?

They carried the scrap of the missle out on a pickup truck.

Physics doesn't lie.

You believe the lie.  Alas.

Date:   8/6/2015 10:41:23 PM

Gaping hole?

Where are the other two holes for the 6 ton titanium jet rotors?

If you park this plane in front of the pentagon, the plane is higher than the holes.

You cant fly this plane into this building.

The gaping hole is the stretch in the physics.

All we get are five blurred frames in an area where cameras are watching cameras?

OK   did anyone see a plane hit the Pentagon NOT on TV?

Subject:   Hound
Date:   8/7/2015 6:32:34 AM

Don't waste the keystrokes.  It is obvious that Short is convinced there is some vast conspiracy and that what happened really didn't happen.  I guess all those people that supposedly died on that plane are living it up on some remote Carribbean island.

Date:   8/7/2015 9:24:55 AM

I think we need to end this discussion now.  I'm sorry for you that you don't believe 9/11 happened.  I wish I could discount all that I and everyone else in Washington and NYC experienced that day. I know I will never forget it. 

Subject:   Hodja
Date:   8/7/2015 9:36:13 AM

You are right.  This thread has taken a turn that leaves me sick.  I don't think I will ever forget the smell - it lasted for months.  Anyone who wtnessed the destruction will never forget it.  My collegue and his surviving brother were the head of the committee that got the Memorial built at the Pentagon.  I wish Shortbus could talk to my colleague about what it felt like to be with his SIL and the kids, and hours of waiting and hoping in vain.  The WP wrote the stories of all those lost.  Heartbreaking time.  

Date:   8/7/2015 9:39:23 AM (updated 8/7/2015 9:50:37 AM)

I'm not sure what ya'll are thinking but I believe 3 buildings fell and loved ones never came home.

The debate is why they fell, not if they fell.   Sheesh.

The conspiracy is the never ending flood of evidence that doesn't pass the smell test.

We can't find the black boxes, but we found a paper passport of the perp?

Many of this type "fact" makes an inquiring mind wonder.

Go to sleep  go to sleep   its ok.

How 'bout them Tigers???????

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Just read SB's nonsense on this string!!
Date:   8/8/2015 5:09:08 PM

The World Trade Center Towers were not framed in the same manner as is typical in highrise steel construction.  They were very unique with huge clear spans on the floor plate connecting to an exterior cage of closely spaced columns.  Without the internal supports found in a typical highrise the girders on the upper levels where the fire raged began to sag from the heat.  As they sagged they pulled away from their perimeter structural support and collapsed to the floor below where the same deflection was occuring.  Quickly the structural loads on each floor became to heavy as the weight of the collapsing floors above was added and the whole structural assembly started to catastropically pancake down.

It might be wise to consult a structural engineer instead of the black helicopter they're coming to get my guns and implant probes in my brain crowd.

Date:   8/8/2015 6:16:38 PM

As an architect I respect your explanation.  I wondered why it pancaked inward the way it did, rather than outward as you would expect from a building with a significant concrete encased steel inner support system.  

SB's doubt about the Pentagon is also half baked.  If one looks at Google Earth one will see that the approach path to the strike point is over a significant portion of Arlington National Cemetary.  I doubt that the residents of that hallowed facility would see much of anything.  And his expecting there to be truckloads of aluminum debris from the plane ignores the physics of aluminum and a JP-4 fueled inferno.  The entire plane would be melted and most likely vaporized.  And as to the plane being higher than the hole, the gear was most likely not deployed, and the only part of the plane that would be taller than the hole would be the vertical stabilizer, which is mostly air with some aluminum skin and reinforcing spars.  It would have been no match for a concrete and brick wall.

SB probably believed in Nostradamus' prediction that the world would end about 15 or 20 years ago.  That didn't happen, nor the end of the Mayan calendar and on and on and on with the stuff conspiracy theorists thrive on.

Date:   8/8/2015 11:11:38 PM (updated 8/8/2015 11:34:10 PM)

I agree with the pancake theory. It's truly possible.

But I think the 48 4" thick center columns would still stand 110 stories high after the pancake.

It's funny many of those columns were cut at a 45 degree angle at 40 feet by thermate. (the molten metal)

And what was that serious boom in the basement heard by the mexican guy decorated by Bush?

The Japanese architect designed the outer skin akin to a pipe.

The 3 ft deep bar joists connected the center columns to the "pipe" on each floor.

So how do you like Revit?

Date:   8/8/2015 11:27:03 PM (updated 8/8/2015 11:27:54 PM)

Here's more nonsense from the most intelligent architects and engineers on the planet.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Yea, sure the aluminum evaporated.  All the pictures show green grass and no wreckage.

Shanksville the same. 

Nostradamus, huh.  Wanna know the future?

OK fine.  Shortbus peers into his crystal ball. (cue theremin)

Hmmmmmmmmm.  4th blood moon.  Something very serious will happen regarding Israel in two months.

Take it to the bank, bubba.  And if a 7 year peace treaty is signed, you have 1260 days.  Good luck!

Date:   8/8/2015 11:50:02 PM

Time for some real nonsense.

You must believe in time travel for this one. Maybe.

Buckle up, bubba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFM02ItYKbY

Ol' shorty is way out on this one...................................................................nonsense you have

Subject:   Yep, no one to vote for
Date:   8/10/2015 5:47:46 PM

http://www.infowars.com/flashback-donald-trump-calls-for-execution-of-edward-snowden/

Subject:   Yep, no one to vote for
Date:   8/10/2015 9:17:07 PM

I agree with the Donald.  Snowden is a traitor.  He revealed highly classifed information and endangered the national security of the United States  I hope if he is ever returned to this country, he is tried for treason and if found guilty, he is executed. 

Subject:   Sir Issac Newton agrees with Shortbus
Date:   8/12/2015 10:07:38 PM (updated 8/12/2015 10:09:34 PM)

You remember him, the apple dude who thought alot?

http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/did-isaac-newton-predict-major-turn-in-bible-prophecy/

Subject:   Future prediction now current fact
Date:   8/17/2015 10:07:24 PM (updated 8/17/2015 10:12:17 PM)

So its 8 years - Shorty was a bit off.  Wait for the rest.

Try to find any hint of this prediction 7 days ago.  I see none.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/hamas-accepts-terms-of-8-year-truce-with-israel/

Date:   8/21/2015 1:28:43 PM

The attack was perhaps the largest one since the 1967 Six Day War. That was the third blood moon.

http://www.infowars.com/israel-bombs-syria-is-this-a-prelude-towards-a-full-scale-war/

Date:   9/1/2015 9:51:21 PM

http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/statistician-data-proves-shemitah-financial-collapse/

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town