Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   au67 - Email Member
Subject:   Obamacare Redux
Date:   12/1/2015 8:20:53 PM

From "The Hill":

The CEO of UnitedHealthCare on Tuesday said he regretted the decision to enter the ObamaCare marketplace last year, which the company says has resulted in millions of dollars in losses.

“It was for us a bad decision,” UnitedHealth CEO Stephen Hemsley said at an investor’s meeting in New York, according to Bloomberg Business.

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Date:   12/2/2015 9:05:53 AM

And the NY co-op is closing shop as well.  The problem here is that Obama lied about the numbers and tried to hide the risk corridor payments to insurers that would certainly lose money if they participate in Obamacare.  But that plan was foiled by Marco Rubio's bill which passed so HHS can't use other funds to make these payments.  As a result, HHS only was able to fund 11% of the risk corridor payments to insurers and many, if not all of them lost big money.  Surprise, surprise that they lose money when it was obviously way cheaper for younger, healthier people to pay the fine than to buy incredibly expensive insurance with ridiculous deductibles.  Not to mention the fact that they are able to stay on their parents insurance until age 26.  

This was and is and awful law and needs to be repealed and replaced with sensible reforms. This is just another prime example of what happens when the federal government gets involved in anything other than defense and infrastructure.  Government does nothing well and should be limited in its scope and cost and should be as close to the taxpayer as possible (subsidiarity). 

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Date:   12/2/2015 10:29:40 AM

I have to laugh at your constant reference to "replaced with sensible reforms". Where were the Republicans after the defeat of Hillarycare with their rhetoric of sensible reforms? A Congess under Newt and then 8 years under Bush but no sensible reforms. The Right did nothng so the Left acted. Rubio's addition to the bill restricting the reimbursement to 11% is the Right's "sensible reform".

Subject:   Asked and answered many times
Date:   12/2/2015 12:42:54 PM

GF, you really need to remember to take your ADHD medications.  We have had this discussion many times before and I am not going to repeat myself other than to say the reason Hillarycare was defeated was obvious and health insurance was so far down the list of items important to the American people that there was no reason for them to do anything other than defeating her stupid ideas. I have enumerated all the sensible reforms before that addressed the actual challenges (portability, pre-existing conditions, covering the uninsured that actually wanted insurance, etc.).  

Short term memory loss could be a sign of more serious mental health issues.  I would seek a doctor's assistance with your issues.......I know, you have probably already forgotten my advice......focus GF, focus.......put down the crack pipe and get some help.......

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Just Answer The Question
Date:   12/2/2015 1:23:50 PM

I am not interested in you repeating your reforms. My question is why weren't these "sensible reforms" proposed by the GOP during the years the Right controlled Comgress during the Clinton years or the 8 years under Bush. Obamacare is the only reason the Right is suddenly proposing "sensible reforms". 

It has nothing to do with my meds or my pipe. Now, take a stab at the  real question.

Subject:   Are you really that slow?
Date:   12/2/2015 10:10:41 PM

This has been asked and answered.  Health insurance reform wasn't even in the top 10 of issues that the American people cared about.  Recall that when Obamacare was being proposed polls showed 85%+ of Americans liked their current insurance.  They had more important issues to focus on during that timeframe.  Of course now that Obamacare has screwed up the entire market it is suddenly a concern and once again the adults need to clean up the mess left by Democrats.  So in a way I guess we can credit Odipsh!t for making this a serious issue.  Honestly GF, do you like being made to look silly or are you just obtuse?

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Are you really that big an a$$ MM?
Date:   12/3/2015 9:13:11 AM

You didn't answer GF's question...you guys never do answer any question no matter how reasonable.  You did again spread more false information (bad habit you have MM)...give me a reference to a poll in 2008-09 that did not put healthcare in the top 10 issues of concern...show me a poll in 2008-09 that said 85% of Americans were satisfied with their health care coverage (caveat...must be a poll including ALL Americans, not just those who already had health insurance)! Polling about the need for health insurance coverage and talking only to those who have health insurance already will not give a particularily accurate assessment!

MM will not read this "ha ha" but anyone else is welcome to reply with an answer to GF or to provide the poll references...the clock is ticking...ticking...ticking.................!

Subject:   Yet another correct prediction about this disaster
Date:   12/3/2015 3:02:38 PM (updated 12/3/2015 3:03:22 PM)

From the AP:

"A government report says U.S. health care spending last year grew at the fastest pace since President Barack Obama took office, driven by expanded coverage under his namesake law and zooming prescription drug costs. After five years of historically low growth, national health expenditures increased by 5.3 percent in 2014, reaching $3 trillion, or $9,523 for every man, woman and child. Wednesday's report by nonpartisan economic experts at the Department of Health and Human Services also found that health care spending grew faster than the overall economy, renewing concerns about affordability. The numbers may mean the end of an unusually long lull in health care inflation that has benefited the Obama administration. While the president's health care law has increased coverage, the cost problem doesn't appear to be solved."

Millions have lost their insurance carrier.  Overall health care spending is way up. Premiums are up.  Deductibles are up.  insurers are bailing.  Co-ops are collapsing. Doctors are dropping patients.  The number of uninsured remains in the tens of millions.  All predicted.  All have come to pass.  Coming soon as costs soar.......rationing.  it happens every time its been tried.  Repeal and replace Goofy....now needed because an imperfect system has been made much worse by the involvement of the federal government as i always does in pretty much every area it was tried.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online