169 messages
Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Science versus polls
Date:   1/6/2016 1:07:37 PM (updated 1/6/2016 3:58:40 PM)

Read it and weep alarmists....if you can understand it, which I doubt.  Yes I know.....he isn't a "climatologist"....just a lowly meteorologist. But hey Algore has a divinity degree......oh wait a second, he flunked out of divinity school......

http://www.ametsoc.org/chapters/oregon/Minutes/2012/2012_1_25_Meeting/2012_1_25_Presentations/2012_1_25_ChuckWiese.pdf

Subject:   Love the silence from globaloney alarmists
Date:   1/10/2016 9:14:02 AM

It's funny, you are oh so willing to repeat a totally discredited poll but have zero to say about a scientific study that theorizes with relevant scientific data that CO2 is not causing climate change.  If you read and understood this article you would hopefully understand why I am skeptical about the correlation and think it's madness for us to degrade the standard of living, particularly for the poor, based on what I think is a hoax but should at least be considered by anyone with half a brain to not be a settled issue.  There is a reason proponents want to silence critics.  The more they say and gets out to the public the more skeptical the public will become. When the science isn't on your side and threatens your real goals you have to censor rather than engage in a public debate. Simply put and often stated by me, if you believe in globaloney you are either a fool or have some other agenda unrelated to the truth, usually money or power.  That those in the latter category rely on useful idiots is nothing new.  As old a phenomenon as it gets.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   [Message deleted by author]
Date:   1/10/2016 9:38:14 AM (updated 1/10/2016 9:42:17 AM)

Subject:   why waste our time
Date:   1/10/2016 9:41:17 AM (updated 1/10/2016 9:48:21 AM)

For every study you can point out showing one thing I could, if I wanted to waste my time, point out 20 demonstrating in a more exacting way the opposite....but why should I waste my time on trying to open a completely closed mind?

Please site verifiable proof that any poll mentioned by me has been discredited.  In the end it will be what happens that will be critical, not what you or me or any poll says will happen!

Subject:   How about just one?
Date:   1/10/2016 8:56:44 PM

Come on Archie, give us one study that refutes this one.  Surely with 20 studies out there you can find one that's addresses this one.  There are no lack of studies opining that CO2 causes warming, cooling or whatever is happening at the time. This study demonstrates they are wrong. Surely some "climatologist" has refuted this one. Or maybe not.  You claim I don't have an open mind yet I have stated over and over I am open to the idea but am not convinced given all we know.  You buddy boy are the one without an open mind which is typical of left wing nuts. You have bought the scam hook, line and sinker. Must be devastating to see your false religion fall apart. 

But hey, if you are a true believer why be such a gutless hypocrite and not live according to your convictions? I know I am. Give up carbon for a month and see what it's like. Alternatively you can continue to live a lie while lecturing the rest of us. Up to you, but I'm not going to be a useful idiot and have nothing to gain falling for a hoax. 

Subject:   Here you go Archibald
Date:   1/10/2016 9:55:42 PM

This is just a good summary of the numerous pieces refuting this 97% globaloney.  I know, the WSJ is in the pockets of big oil and the Koch brothers, right?  Seriously Archie, do you ever tire of being wrong or do you actually enjoy the public humiliation?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

Subject:   To be yet again be "humiliated" by MM!
Date:   1/11/2016 1:59:02 PM (updated 1/11/2016 2:02:13 PM)

There are not the words in the English language to properly express the despair that I feel being yet again being "humiliated" by this superior intellect, the all knowing one...give me a freakin break!!

A wise man once said "there is no man more frightening than the man who is absolutely certain that he is right." Can't remember who it was, but it obviously was not his arrogance!

MM may not always be the smartest man in the room, but he sure always thinks he is!

Subject:   Still waiting for a substantive reply
Date:   1/11/2016 3:36:41 PM

You asked me for an analysis of the 97% malarky.....I did.  You questioned my skepticism and I provided one very good study (believe me, there are plenty more) about why I am skeptical....not closed minded, just skeptical.  You are the one that is close minded and don't even remotely get the irony of you calling me that.  I am open to the idea that man-made CO2 has an impact on global climates.  You are not open to the idea that it doesn't.  

As for your silly comments about humiliation.....you do that to yourself.  I just provide facts, logic and reason and you do all the heavy lifting.  Honestly Archie, it would be a huge step forward for you to admit that maybe there is more work to be done on this issue before we do anything drastic.  But your pride would never let you agree with me and that is sad indeed.  And even more sad is you don't see the irony of accusing me of thinking I am the smartest person in the room.  Open your mind, stop relying on nonsensical, discreditied polls and think for just once.  It will be liberating everywhere but in conversations with fellow left wing nuts that will think you have lost your mind if you state that you are not convinced about ACC........I'll be willing to bet money they sneer at you and say, "Well, I'll take the opinion of 97% of scientists rather than some dumb architect."  Give it a shot and see if I'm not right.  Then if you have real courage you could say, "I can't understand how you are basing your beliefs on a discredited poll" and watch them really go ballistic.  Be advised, you will not be invited to their cocktail party again.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online