Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Case in point about Trump's support
Date:   3/1/2016 11:41:37 AM

I was listening to one of my favorite talk radio shows (Bill Bennett's) this morning and a very nice woman called up to complain about Rubio's conduct toward Trump and Cruz's lack of honesty.  She was literally railing about their "un-Christian" behavior.  When Bennett reminded her of Trump's boorish behavior and dishonesty she actually said, and I paraphrase, well he doesn't profess to be a good Christian.  This illogic is exaclty why Trump will probably sweep super Tuesday with close to 50% of the vote followed by Cruz and Rubio splitting 40% and the dregs going to Carson and Kasich.

How this "enthusaism" translates into the general election is anyone's guess.  But his support is very real and very dedicated to the point of irrational.  One scenario is that he fails to lock up the necessary delegates and we have a brokered convention where he is locked out.  Guaranteed third party run and an easy path for Hillary to win.

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Date:   3/1/2016 12:23:07 PM

To my knowledge Trump has never tried to claim the moral high ground like all politicians do. His claim is simply he knows how to get things done and he can't be bought. He knows how tonput the right people in the right place and then demands results. I hope he will announce his choices for cabinet seats before the general election. I think if he does, and they are the right folks it will get some Reagan democrats to pull the lever for him. One thing I am confidant of is that he will pick folks on qualifications not color, race, creed, religion, gender, sexual preference or political ideology. We've tried an affirmative action administration and look where that has gotten us.

Name:   wix - Email Member
Date:   3/1/2016 12:43:22 PM

AMEN!!

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   MM why don't you listen
Date:   3/1/2016 12:43:27 PM

to what you just wrote.  It is on the money.  Yet you still say you will gladly shackle the nation to this buffoon before will consider that even Hillary might be less of a gamble.  She is smarter than this guy, less bombastic, is not egomaniacal, less a hot head, more willing to listen to what others have to say, and probably a safer bet.  She is even a bit less a liar than DT!

Subject:   Archidiot....
Date:   3/1/2016 12:49:16 PM

The HildaBit-- is exactly the opposite of what you posted.  Haven't you got the Bern yet.  At least he doesn't lie every time he inhales, and spits out the krap like the HildaBit--.....

Subject:   MM why don't you listen
Date:   3/1/2016 1:12:47 PM

Well here's what I know about Hillary.  She lied to the grieving families of those Seals killed at Benghazi.  Trump's lies pale in comparison to that one event alone.  Thousands of people in the middle east died as a result of her and Obama highlighting and blaming a video that prior to that, almost no one had ever heard of let alone seen.  But that is just the tip of iceberg and I could go on and on about all the awful things she has done that makes Trump look like a boy scout.  That you don't think any of these are important is an indictment of you and why you have zero moral authority to criticize any Republican, even Trump such as he is....not that it will stop you because self awareness is not an attribute of the left.

I honestly do not know what Trump will do but I cannot imagine he would do more damage than Hillary.  The fact is you like what Obama has done and Hillary will do to destroy this country.  I don't.....

Date:   3/1/2016 1:15:28 PM

You are assuming he is going to do what he says.  I am wildly skeptical given his history.  I am firmly convinced that he is neither a social or fiscal conservative.  I also don't think he can beat Hillary.  But again he will get my vote even if he isn't my guy.  Hillary is an abomination and apparently the best and brightest that Dems can come up with.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Wiximbecile
Date:   3/1/2016 2:29:21 PM (updated 3/1/2016 2:30:14 PM)

just decided this is too important a time in history to have your rants taking up my time, so you are now off my radar...bye bye.

Subject:   Wiximbecile
Date:   3/1/2016 2:39:38 PM

LORDY, LORDY......THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU......BYE NOW......LET'S SEE IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT OF YOUR WORD!!!

Name:   Mack - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2016 7:54:15 PM

Lots of speculation about why Trump is kicking Hell out of traditional GOP politicians.

1. He claims to be self financed, which has been proven in February to be about 90% true. And the lure of being able to vote for a candidate who is not already bought/packaged and credited to a lobbied special interest and party doctrine... very attractive.

2. He does not usually squirm to craft an answer to a legit direct question.

3. He does not act "Presidential".

4. He actually says what he thinks, right now. Don't like it?? Vote for somebody else.

5. He is actually intolerant with our Mainstream Media Liberal Drum Line.

For all these reasons he is dangerous to the GOP elite. They want to trot out a clone of Mitt, or Mitch, Boener,,etc, and expect their voters to stay awake at a speech. Jeezzz. Trump voters love it..

Can he win the nomination? Nope. The Party Boss' will exert their power to nominate another,, and Hillary will thumb her nose at the GOP all the way BACK to the WH..

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2016 8:49:35 PM

Do they allow the President to wear orange jump suits?

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/3/2016 9:07:39 PM

I guess if you are President you can wear whatever you want..... haven't you ever heard of a work-release program?

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online