Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Perfect quote about the EU leadership
Date:   3/23/2016 1:20:05 PM

Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. ... [W]hen experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.  George Santanaya

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/23/2016 5:55:02 PM

Okay, but can you be a little more specific on how you think this relates to the EU leadership?  Do you think they should disband the EU?

Date:   3/24/2016 8:36:11 AM

They don't seem to understand exactly what is happening with radical Islam and they never learn from any of the attacks, be it London, Paris and now Brussels.  They are not going to learn from the history of radical Islam and they are doomed to repeat it with ongoing attacks just like the ones that have already occurred.  And yes, I think the EU was a bad idea for Europe for a host of economic, social and security reasons.  But that's their problem and as much as I would like to see them take this problem seriously they are so morally and intellectually bankrupt that I have zero confidence in their ability to see the world as it really is.......much like our lame duck president.

Subject:   He can't
Date:   3/24/2016 9:22:50 AM

see the world as it really is - his is salsa dancing by candlelight in Argentina.

I wonder if England will decide to leave the EU?

Subject:   [Message deleted by author]
Date:   3/24/2016 9:22:50 AM (updated 3/24/2016 9:23:54 AM)

Date:   3/24/2016 9:22:51 AM (updated 3/24/2016 9:23:40 AM)

Date:   3/24/2016 9:22:51 AM (updated 3/24/2016 9:23:26 AM)

Date:   3/24/2016 9:22:51 AM (updated 3/24/2016 9:23:12 AM)

Date:   3/24/2016 9:30:44 AM

He is an absolute disgrace and is humiliating this country at every opportunity he gets.  Just wait until he leaves office.  He will spend all his time making speeches lecturing Americans on all that is wrong with us.  Simply disgusting.

As for the UK, I would say its likely they will exit.  Smartest thing they did from the outset was not to convert their currency to the Euro.  Makes departing much, much easier.

Date:   3/24/2016 3:47:29 PM

He certainly doesn't understand (or care about) optics.  This was discussed on Morning Joe this morning.  Half of the table thought the optics were terrible and he should have skipped the ball game and came home. The other half thought he did the right thing and was right to continue his trip to Argentina. (Argentina's new President is making a full court press to get back in the good graces of the U.S.)

I was surprised that Richard Hass (who actually is an expert on foreign relations) felt he was right to to continue his trip, but thought he should have kept it low key (no photo ops) 

Funny, Trump said he admired Richard Hass and would use him as an advisor on foreign policy, but he wasn't listed as part of the Trump team.  Could it be the erstwhile Mr. Hass is not an admirer of Mr. Trump?

Date:   3/24/2016 4:59:13 PM

I personally don't think continuing his trip to Argentina was the issue.  It was the stupid tango dancing.  One thing to be doing business but quite another to be dancing around and doing the wave with some 3rd world dictator at a baseball game.  He just doesn't care.  As Hayden said about him, he just doesn't think these terror attacks are important.  It's his world view which is pro Mulsim and in my opinion borderline pro-jihad.  

Don't know the guy you are referring to as I don't watch msnbc but he would be wise to not be part of Trump's team.  Saw a piece today from one of the apocolyptic Republicans saying the biggest argument for no third party if Trump is the nominee is that when Hillary stomps him in the general they can't blame the 3rd party candidate.  I tend to agree as any 3rd party run, be it Trump if he is denied the nomination or some conservative, ensures a Hillary win.  Trump and his more dedicated supporters would have no problem being the spoiler.  If he doesn't get the nomination he would be smart to stay on the sidelines and if they lose he won't be blamed.  Either way it looks grim for the GOP.

Date:   3/24/2016 6:41:51 PM

I don't think the trip to Argentina as a mistake, and agree it the social activites should have been much more low key.  I guess the only thing that I can say about the candlelight Tango is that Argentinians take their tango very seriously.  I have been to Argentina, and seeing the Tango is one of the "must do" things.  But the optics are that they are turning these trips into a vacation. The truth is that Argentina is courting the U.S. - probably looking for $$$$ assistance.  I wonder if we will hear what or how much Obama will leave on the table for Argentina.   

I really don't understand his very pro-Muslim stance.  Not that I agree with Ted Cruz that we should be surveilling their neighborhoods, but Obama seems overly concerned about their feelings. He has not expressed the same degree of concern about Mexicans and other Central Americans.  I am very disgusted with Obama.  You know I am not a fan of Hilary, but she couldn't have done a worse job than Obama.  He's weak. 

And now that Trump and Cruz are at each other's throats over their wives.  Maybe Kasich has a chance afterall.   

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online