Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lucky67 - Email Member
Subject:   Journalists ???????
Date:   3/31/2016 10:04:04 AM

watched the interviews last night until i got ill; Chris Mathews was like a rabid bulldog going after  a piece of meat when  interviewing Trump; Rachel Maddow had a cotton candy sharing love fest party with Hillary; talk about BIAS

Name:   architect - Email Member
Date:   3/31/2016 10:23:35 AM (updated 3/31/2016 10:27:39 AM)

MSNBC makes no claim to being unbiased...FOX does!

Chris Mathews went after the Donald the way an interviewer should.  I did not see the Maddow interview, but knowing what I know about her I can imagine it was not a good example of aggressive or unbiased journalism.

Now, why are you watching MSNBC?

Date:   3/31/2016 1:20:23 PM

Mathews is just Bill Mahyer with grey hair

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Date:   3/31/2016 2:17:47 PM

This is like complaining that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.  The govt media complex is overwhelmingly liberal and live in a cocoon surrounded by like minded people that all circle jerk each other that they are unbiased purveyors of news.  I long ago gave up on them and frankly they become less relevent every day as the alternate media is taking over.  And being good little left wing nuts, they would rather fail in the marketplace than give their customers what they actually want.

What I find ironic and humorous is listening to these old time govt media types lamenting the alternate media because of people getting their news from an echo chamber.  That is how unaware they are to their own biases.  The reality is they are lamenting we are not getting fed from their left wing echo chamber and actually get our news from sources that aren't infested with leftists like them.  Or if they do lean one way or the other they have the honesty to admit versus these left win buffoons walking in lockstep all the while proclaiming their so called objectivity. I would rather have someone acknwoledge their world view so I can properly evaluate what they are saying versus someone proclaiming objectivity all the while spouting left wing nonsense or treating conservatives like they are criminals, racists, homophobes, etc. 

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   3/31/2016 5:38:59 PM

Where is Walter Cronkite and Huntly/Brinkly when we need them?  The biggest problem is that the media, not content to merely report the story, thinks they are part of the story.  We hear their opinions, thoughts and biases.  Walter Cronkite said that he was worried he showed too much excitement by taking off his glasses, when he reported the first man on the moon. 

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   3/31/2016 8:53:31 PM

What does Fox have to do with it?

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Mr H
Date:   4/1/2016 8:18:43 AM

FOX has no direct connection with the specific characters of the topic, but everything to do with agressive and fair journalism which is the implication of the original post...they are agressive but well removed from fair

CNN claims to be unbiased and, for the most part is to an unbiased listener.

MSNBC does not make constant claims of being "Fair and balanced".  They are far left and proud of it.

FOX constantly shouts "Fair and Balanced" and "We report, you decide"...they are not!  For all practical purposes, FOX is an extension of the RNC.  They do hate Trump, as does the RNC, because they know he will be a drag on the Republican ticket and because of the spat with Megan Kelley.  If Trump ends up getting the nomination they will find a way to support him!

Date:   4/1/2016 9:57:00 AM

we dont have reputable, classy reports like him anymore--seems they all have "a personal  agenda"

Subject:   CNN
Date:   4/1/2016 1:46:40 PM

I remember when CNN was fair and unbiased, but those days have long past.  I think they sensationalize everything they report on. 

The only thing I watch on MSNBC is Morning Joe, which is probably pretty balanced between Republican Joe Scarborough and Democrat Mika Brezinski (not sure about spelling).  They usually have a mix of guests from both persuations. It may not be conservative enough for some, but it works fine for me, because I'm likely not conservative enough for some conservatives. 

Fox News used to be regarded as a Bush's mouthpiece.  The only time I watched it for any length of time was when they were reporting on Obama's 2nd win.  The reporter claimed she didn't believe it and took the camera down to the office where they crunch the numbers and had them confirm it.  Political theatre?  It sure didn't feel like the news.  I have watched them off and on over the years when Drs. would have it running in the reception area, and honestly, it seemed very biased to me.  (Now the Drs. run HGTV and I'm much happier since it gives me new rehab ideas.)

I don't think any of the news shows really do an excellent job in unbiased analysis and reporting.  Maybe it is the 24 hour news cycle, maybe because they are under pressure to fill a time slot, but every news show seems to fill time with talking heads and experts (who are these people?) and analysis and opinion, rather than just reporting on the facts of the news and letting their audience come to their own conclusions. 

Date:   4/1/2016 5:48:15 PM

I don't agree with your assessment of Fox.  I do believe them to be primarily a right leaning group, and some like Hannity are blatantly that way.  But Fox does have a pretty good number of left leaning individuals, and for sure you get more real news on Fox than the others.  The other channels are so far into the vast left wing conspiracy that it takes egregious acts by left wing politicians to get even three microseconds worth of coverage.

Dont care to argue the point, but I do feel like I am better informed by watching Fox.  I will post no more on the subject.

Date:   4/2/2016 12:20:02 PM

Perhaps we can agree that it would be nice to have a new channel that devoted itself to just reporting the facts, without a lot of commentary and unbiased in either direction. 

Date:   4/2/2016 3:41:28 PM

Indeed it would.  Until then we are stuck with what we have and most people will watch the channel that best supports the way they feel and believe.

But I don't have that problem up here "inside the beltway".  I never signed up to get cable....just watch broadcast tv by way of an indoor antenna hanging out my 11th floor apartment window....lol.  BTW, other than the gray hair Jim Vance hasn't changed a bit since the late 70s!

Date:   4/2/2016 10:25:02 PM

You are back up in NoVA?  I remember Jim Vance.  Don't stay up there too long, or you'll miss the season at the lake. 

My sister just started working on FMS.  She was on her 2nd PMR with Singapore.  They were not happy.  So one of my former colleagues from OSD showed up at the meeting.  I was able to tell her word-for-word what that person would say in Washington Speak.  :-)

Date:   4/3/2016 8:26:58 AM

Have a major project due in July....am going to tell the company that I want one week per month off, either PTO if I have it or LWOP if not (probably a mix of the two) until the end of July so I can restart my efforts on the addition to our cabin.  It is habitable now but a lot of finish work needs to be done.

Come August I might just hang it up once again and rejoin the ranks of the voluntarily unemployed.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town