Updated 5/31/2023 1:39:35 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Lake Martin Photo Gallery

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   I wish Trump would stop whining
Date:   4/11/2016 9:44:21 AM

If I had a nickel for every time he complains about something being unfair I could afford to retire and live at the lake full time.  The rules are what they are and he needs to get off his derrier and get organized and stop whining.  Even Bernie, who is being royally screwed out of delgates by Hillary doesn't complain half as much as Trump does.  I can't imagine he calls for whining in Art of the Deal.  I suspect he probably talks about knowing the rules of the game and playing them better than the competition.  That's what he needs to do if he wants to win the nomination.

Speaking of which, he is apprently now predicting he will get to 1,237 delegates by May.  I have read a number of analyses, the most optimistic of which is Nate Silver's, and there is no way he will get there by May or even by the convention.  He has to realize that the rules state that the nominee must get at least 1,237 delegate votes at the convention in order to win the nomination.  So far he has a total of 743 delegates and the remaining 875 were won by the others with Cruz being the closest at 545.  He keeps talking about how he has millions more votes but that is only incomparison to his closest opponent.  The fact is that millions more have voted for someone other than him.  He needs to get to work to convert those delegates to him because Cruz is working on this diligently as he should.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   I wish Trump would stop whining
Date:   4/11/2016 1:08:04 PM

I wish that Ted Cruz would stop lying, but that isn't likely to happen either. I suspect about June timeframe, we'll watch the GOP implode. 

Subject:   Sigh.......
Date:   4/11/2016 1:25:36 PM

This is about Trump and his whining, not the false narrative about Cruz lying.  You sound like a mindless Trumpbot repeating his stump speech.  Now back to topic....... 

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Hound.......
Date:   4/11/2016 1:51:14 PM

I will thank you not to hijack MM's thread with your meaningless drivel.  If you have something to say about the topic, say it.  Otherwise, start your own thread. I've stayed off your butt until now, but I am really fed up with your hijacking MM's thread, especially when someone is seeking to start a good discussion with people that clearly want to discuss an issue.   

Subject:   LOL
Date:   4/11/2016 2:27:10 PM

I just knew someone was going to do this.  Fear not GF, you are still the king of highjacking and deflecting a thread.  She is just trying to be the queen.  Oops, sorry I should not have inserted gender into this.  You can both be king or both queen of thread highjacking.......it's really up to you as I am open minded on this particular issue.  Maybe we can come up with a transgender thread hijack non de plume.  Have to give that some thought.

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Subject:   Whining??????
Date:   4/11/2016 4:20:25 PM (updated 4/11/2016 4:21:41 PM)

Colorado just pronounced Cruz the winner with all 34 delegates without a vote of the citizens, period.

Whining for the rights of Americans to vote out the scum in power is wrong, I agree.

I think screaming and unloading guns would be more appropriate.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/trump-erupts-as-cruz-sweeps-colorado-without-votes/

Subject:   Yes
Date:   4/11/2016 4:42:36 PM

You are missing my point.  That is the rules of the game in Colorado.  Cruz apparently understood that and planned appropriately and got the delegates.  Trump is running an amatuer campaign and it shows.  There are a number of other states that hold no primary at all.  What I am talking about is the response he has to issues that he ought to know about.  I am not in favor of the approach taken by Colorado or the other states and wish we would get rid of the caucauses in favor of a simple primary where the GOP primary voters actually pick the candidate.  But it is the candidates responsibility to know the rules and respond accordingly.  Not knowing the rules, losing and whining is what I am addressing.  But as to Trump, please note that he has only gotten 37% of the primary votes but has won 43% of the total delegates so his whining rings hollow with me and others.  He needs to get off his butt and hire people who know what they are doing.

Name:   Shortbus - Email Member
Date:   4/11/2016 5:13:13 PM (updated 4/11/2016 5:23:58 PM)

Are the rules wrong or is Trump playing the game wrong?

Both?

If the people can't vote in the primary, they have no voice.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/04/11/former_co_gop_chair_message_were_sending_is_your_vote_doesnt_matter_and_your_voice_doesnt_count.html

Name:   wix - Email Member
Subject:   Goofy, you ARE da MAN!!
Date:   4/11/2016 5:17:52 PM

Congratulations!!!  I'm gonna have to start showing more respect....man's got a pair!  Welcome aboard!

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   4/11/2016 5:40:34 PM (updated 4/11/2016 5:41:30 PM)

From Talulahhound's post 4/5/2016 5:01:13, Subject: Gone Fishing:

"I will thank you not to hijack my thread with your meaningless drivel. If you have something to say about the topic, say it. Otherwise, start your own thread. I've stayed off your butt until now, but I am really fed up with your hijacking of other people's threads, especially when there is a good discussion going with people that clearly want to discuss an issue.  "

Geez, at least be original.

Date:   4/11/2016 5:48:49 PM

The rules are what they are and while I would prefer a primary where only GOP voters select the candidate each state has the ability to run their primary process however they want.  Trump doesn't know what he is doing, nor do the people around him.  I have little sympathy for that and as I pointed out he has benefited as much as anyone in the early primaries.  That he is getting his a$$ handed to him by Cruz whose team has done their homework and are serious about the process is no surprise to me.  He can whine all he wants but if he doesn't want to lose he needs to pull his head out of his rear end and get to work.  

He has run a media-driven campaign and has benefited from billions in free advertising but that will only get you so far.  He has no infrastructure in place for a general election campaign which is only months away and the free press he has enjoyed so far is about to turn relentlessly and mercilessly negative.  He is either going to have to spend a billion of his own dollars or start to suck the teet of political donations which comes with all sorts of strings.  At first I didn't believe he actually thought this was the way to run a campaign but I have come to see that he actually thought it was and is now coming to the rude realization.  He reminds me of McCain who was likewise shocked that his friends in the media who loved him as the Maverick turned on him like a viscious dog in the general election.  His negatives are out the roof.  If he wins the nomination and tries to run his campaign in the general the way he has run it in the primaries he will lose 49 states.

Subject:   I think that was his point
Date:   4/11/2016 5:50:03 PM

He intentionally used her own words against her........  I think he was pointing out that she did exactly what she berated GF for doing all the time.

Date:   4/11/2016 5:57:41 PM

I don't know if you have noticed, but everytime GF or Wix enter a discussion, it is not to contribute anything to the discussion, and it goes far off course with a display of sophmoric name calling and insult exchanges.  So now you are defending GF?  With as many names as you have called him and ugly things you have said about him?  Are you a hypocrite?  I really thought better of you than that, but I guess I was wrong. 

And No, I guess I couldn't be more original than asking someone not to hijack my thread.  I'm just direct like that.

And with that, I apologize to MM for "hijacking" his whining about Trump whining. 

Subject:   Hodja......
Date:   4/11/2016 6:01:18 PM

Think he was just saying "up yours".  Very appropriate.

Subject:   Hound...Not "my thread"....
Date:   4/11/2016 6:03:01 PM

It's your comment or post.....no one has ownership of any thread.  Get over yourself.

Subject:   MM
Date:   4/11/2016 6:03:37 PM

No, because I didn't call anyone names when I "hijacked" your thread.  But it wasn't my intention to hijack your thread.  I'm deeply sorry I hijacked your whining about Trump's whining. 

As I said to Hodja, for all the nasty things you say about GF and the names you call him, I find it infinitely amusing that you and "the boys" are now defending him.

Subject:   MM
Date:   4/11/2016 6:57:02 PM

Hound, I am not nearly as sensitive to thread hijacks.  GF usually does it to change the topic away from something that he probably finds uncomfortable. I really just wanted to get back to the topic of Trump whining and I accept with all humility your point about my whining about his whining.  So no more whining about thread hijacking when we can whine about Trump and his whining.  I haven't had this much whining since I went to a Wine Enthustiast wine tasting in NYC.....now that was wining in a good way.

Date:   4/11/2016 6:58:55 PM

OK, that's enough about my whining.  By the way, if I win our bet you need to bring a credit card with a big available balance because we are going to do some real wining of the proper variety......and vice versa if I lose.

Subject:   Hound...Not "my thread"....
Date:   4/11/2016 8:14:34 PM (updated 4/11/2016 8:15:37 PM)

I am in no way, shape, or form defending that sniveling coward, just pointing out his untoward hijacking of your words.

Edit: I intended the post to be in answer to Hound.

Subject:   Hodja......
Date:   4/11/2016 8:24:42 PM

So he creatively exhibited his lack of creativity....oxymorons and real morons abound...lol

Subject:   Hodja......GET REAL
Date:   4/11/2016 9:19:52 PM

Loosen up and buy a biigger pair of panties. You take this chit too serious. If your main object is to play gotcha...then you win. This is a friggin forum...enjoy it for waht it is.

Subject:   Hodja......GET REAL
Date:   4/11/2016 9:40:38 PM

Hmmmm.....seemed to have elicited an emotional reaction.  You know what you can do to get me off your back.  Email me with your real identity as I did to you years ago and let's talk.  Otherwise you are fair game.  Level playing field, GF, level playing field.

Subject:   OMG.....Goofy, don't pull yo panties
Date:   4/11/2016 10:35:15 PM

down and show everyone everything!  What's a forum without the mystery.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   The Bottom Line
Date:   4/11/2016 10:38:58 PM

If the GOP nominates a candidate this year MM will find away to whole-heartedly support whoever it is...Denny Hastert may be available!

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   May be wrong, but like to think (hope)
Date:   4/12/2016 8:36:01 AM

that both GF and Hound put at least a bit of "tongue in cheek" intention in their venom!  Can't say the same for most of the harsh personal statements spewed on this forum!

Subject:   What Ya Think Arch???
Date:   4/12/2016 5:16:44 PM

Subject:   OMG.....Goofy, don't pull yo panties
Date:   4/12/2016 10:19:39 PM (updated 4/12/2016 10:20:43 PM)

Hmmmm.....now it seems maybe Wix and Goofy Friend are one in the same....makes screwy sense....GF needs a diversion so he creates an alter ego named wix who serves as GF's whipping boy...tell me I am wrong wix by emailing me.....

Subject:   Hodj........
Date:   4/13/2016 4:12:50 PM

Don't put me in same body as Goofy, please.  Gotta keep that mystery thing going, but I can assure you that we are not the same person.  My mind would not allow my fingers to type some of the liberal krap that Goofy spouts.  He has definitely shown some class lately, but he's got a long way to go...

Date:   4/13/2016 4:25:28 PM

Doubt remains.

Date:   4/13/2016 5:52:45 PM

"doubt" = mystery

Date:   4/13/2016 10:09:18 PM

My, how our tone has changed.  I am even more convinced now.  As far as I am concerned, until such time "wix" 'fesses up, wix and GF are one in the same.

Date:   4/14/2016 12:29:22 PM

Wait a minute and I'll put on my Hound mask and dress and give you a real thrill!!

Date:   4/14/2016 3:37:36 PM

LOL.... Just read this...the truth is that Wix and I are twins with the same mother but different fathers. I take after the smart daddy who was a loving dad when he wasn't drinking. Wix takes after his dad who was not my dad. A real conspiracy in Alabama perpetrated by that puppet Hodja. Sounds like Ms Hodja is bored and staying awake nights trying to solve the riddle of the Wix-Goofy family link. 

I am the da man who is slightly left of right leaning Wix. He is not da same man as I is. I hope Ms Hodja now understands.

Subject:   Goof........!
Date:   4/14/2016 4:29:45 PM

Date:   4/14/2016 6:42:09 PM

Your protestations are hilariously funny, but ineffective.

Quick Links
Lake Martin News
Lake Martin Photos
Lake Martin Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

www.LakeMartin.com
THE LAKE MARTIN WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online