Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Donald says he's sorry
Date:   7/31/2016 10:01:12 AM

The Trumpster's response to Mr Kahn's appearance at the DNC was panned universally (except on this forum of course) so now he has "apologized".  He says that Mr Kahn's son was a hero and his service must be appreciated, but then, typical for Donald, who never knows when to shut up,  he added "but his father has no right to stand up and say I have never read the constitution."  Actually Mr Kahn asked whether Trump had read the constitution.  That being said, let's give Mr Trump the benefit of the doubt and accept the implication of his statement...he has read the constitution.  Wonder how he missed the first amandment!

Subject:   It goes on
Date:   7/31/2016 10:07:14 AM

Chuck Todd just asked Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort to talk about the Kahn / Trump exchange...He started his response with a laugh.  God these people are jerks!!!

Name:   Buteye - Email Member
Date:   7/31/2016 10:17:57 AM

Do you and Copperline spend all of of your awake hours looking for subjects on which you can bash the GOP?

Date:   7/31/2016 10:32:56 AM (updated 7/31/2016 10:50:48 AM)

No, just this jerk Donald Trump who has hijacked the GOP and deserves each and every possible ''bash'' he gets! He deserves no consideration from anybody!!  Have you read the first amendment?

I take some degree of hope in that the words of your post, which has NO defense of Trump, only crticism of me, make me think that you too are perhaps a bit uncomfortable with the words of your man.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Mr. Buteye
Date:   7/31/2016 1:13:16 PM

They may not but I do. As to your Trumpie reading the Constitution, he must be referring to the Russian Constitution.

"Donald Trump, the GOP's presumptive presidential nominee, promised congressional Republicans on Thursday he would defend Article XII of the U.S. Constitution if elected. But he didn't leave quite the impression he had hoped, since the Constitution has only seven articles."

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Subject:   Donald says he's sorry
Date:   7/31/2016 5:41:09 PM

Donald is right - Mr Khan had no right to say that Trump has never read the Constitution nor sacraficed anythig. If he wanted to talk about his son, fine; but when he got to that part, it was purely political sabatoge.  I wonder why it is that Hilary supporters don't care what is said by Democrats, and get hysterical when they get lamblasted by Republians?

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Hound
Date:   7/31/2016 6:24:05 PM

I find it amusing that you have an issue with what Kahn said. Interetsing but Trump hasn't told us what he sacrificed. You have any issue with Trump insults of the disabled guy? Or blood coming out from you know where? During the Vietnam war while Trump received deferments he said he was fighting a war not to catch STD. No, what Kahn said was fine....just tough for some to accept the truth.

Subject:   Hound
Date:   7/31/2016 6:53:51 PM (updated 7/31/2016 7:23:48 PM)

OK, you have made your position clear and it appears perhaps you have a problem with the 1st amendment too.

The reason the Kahn statement is now in its 4th day of being in the headlines is because Donald is such a thin skinned narcissist that he cannot ever let anything go by without making some dumb a$$ comment on it.  Mr Kahn was less than complimentary of Donald Trump so Trump's peabrain has to make an issue of it in about the stupidist and most offensive way possible.   At the RNC the mother of one of the victims of Bengazi appeared and was much more nasty toward Hillary Clinton than Kahn was of Trump.  She even joined in the chants of "lock her up, lock her up, lock her up''.  Hillary Clinton and her campaign had the good sense to not object or comment and almost nothing came of that attack against her at the RNC.  Every time Donald pops off he reinforces the growing conclusion he is not nearly as smart as he ''knows'' he is and that he is not qualified for the offic he seeks.

Subject:   Hound...update
Date:   7/31/2016 7:59:14 PM

I just read Hillary's interview with Chris Wallace today where she was specifically asked to respond to the Begazi mother's speech at the RNC.

I think it would be instructive to compare her comments about her RNC detractor with trump's toward his at the DNC.

Date:   7/31/2016 8:44:03 PM

I assure you I have no problem with the First Amendment.  Would I frequent this forum if I did????

Mr. Kahn said what he said, Trump said what he did.  That's the First Amendment.  The fact that you don't like what Trump said?  Well that is a personal problem.   You don't like Trump.  So what?  It isn't like you were a big supporter and are now changing your vote because of what he said. 

That's the problem I have with you and Gone Fishing.  You love the circular argument.  I have taken the time to explain to you why I will not support Hilary.  It didn't  change my mind because she took the high road with Chris Wallace.  I continue to think that Mr. Kahn is being used by the Clinton Campaign. Turns out he is opinionated and is using his 15 minutes of fame to speak out.  As far as I concerned he can exercise his First Amendment Right all he wants to; but it doesn't mean he is right or that I have to believe what he says. 

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Date:   7/31/2016 8:56:25 PM

And today he claims terrorism has nothing to do with islam. Who's the fool?

Name:   wix - Email Member
Subject:   A-idiot
Date:   7/31/2016 9:12:40 PM

Have you ever wondered how much Kahn was paid by the DNC to spout the works the dimokraps wrote for him to say.  Do you really think he wasn't paid big bucks?..... 

Date:   7/31/2016 9:16:07 PM (updated 7/31/2016 9:21:33 PM)

I appreciate your use of your 1st amendment right but wonder why you explicitely agree with Trump when he says Mr Kahn has "no right to say I have never read the constitution" obviously implying that free speech right does not apply to Kahn. 

You are of course correct that Kahn was being used by the Clinton campaign.  Used very well I might add.  My problem is that you seem to have a problem with that but have none whatever with Trump's using the Bengazi mother in a similar if less effective manner.  Further, I have difficulty understanding how you can be appalled of Kahn's speech because it was political but not with Trump's response because it was political!

Subject:   Wiximbecile
Date:   7/31/2016 9:27:59 PM

Have you ever wondered how much the Bengazi mother was paid by the RNC to spout the words the Rethuglcans wrote for her to say? Do you really think she wasn't paid big bucks?

Subject:   A-idiot
Date:   7/31/2016 11:12:40 PM

NO ORIGINAL THOUGHTS.....as usual....

Name:   Lifer - Email Member
Subject:   Archidiot
Date:   8/1/2016 6:35:24 AM

There is a difference.  You see the benghazis mom has been saying the same things for years to anybody and everybody who would give her a platform.  She has done countless interviews and rallys.  Always with the same message. Nobody ever heard of your boy khan till he was given the big stage at the DNC. Then he went and did weekend interviews claiming terrorism and islam have nothing to do with each other. The DNC should a made sure he went home after his bug moment instead of trying to stretch his 15 minutes into a career.  He lost what little shred of credibility he might have had with that comment. Of course we were reminded again yesterday that benghazi mom is a liar by the biggest list of all time. 

BTW hillarys America is great.  Saw it yesterday.  You should go see it.  My treat. Tell me when and where and I will go on fandango and buy you +1a ticket.

Date:   8/1/2016 11:33:25 AM

Frankly, I am appalled by all of it.  It disgusts me, no matter who is doing it. 

Mr. Kahn was wrong to make the statement that Trump has not read the Constitution, because who coudn't know if that was true.  It is the same if I said that you had never read the Constitution - you would understandably be upset, and I would be wrong to say it, because how could I know, unless you told me that you hadn't.

Trump is right in that Mr. Kahn should have not said that.  I think that Trump could have responded to Mr. Kahn in a better way, saying that Captain Kahn was a hero, because he was.  That would have likely shut Mr. Kahn down.  Instead Trump said what he said and now the media is making a firestorm of it.    In my opinion, Trump at this point should extend a hand to Mr. Kahn, sit down with him, make a donation to a Military charity in his name and neutralize.

Subject:   Hound...the fact is
Date:   8/1/2016 2:44:40 PM

Kahn Did not Say Trump had not read the constitution, his actual words were "Mr Trump have you even read the United States Constitution?"  Now, I do not agree with your opinion that he had no right to say Trump had not read the constitution (God knows Trump has said much worse non-facts as fact against pretty much anybody who dares to say anything negative about him!) but I have to ask you if you also think he had no right to even raise the question as to whether he had read the constitution?!  You do not give up the 1st amendment of that document when you stand to speak on a political issue.  The need to guarantee free political speech was the main reasoning behind the state's insistence on the very first item of the Bill of Rights!!

Those  guy is a hate filled moron with the thinnest skin I have ever beheld in or out of politics!  This morning another Trump surrogate (cannot remember which nut it was) has raised the specter of Mr Kahn being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.  Keep digging you idiots...eventually the ditch will collapse over you and the world will be a safer place!

Subject:   Roger Stone
Date:   8/1/2016 4:03:02 PM (updated 8/1/2016 4:06:59 PM)

A Trump surrogate is not only accusing Mr Kahn of being in the Muslim Brotherhood but has now put up a link to a website where a "Muslim" convert to "Christianity" noted for unfounded conspiracy theories, proclaims that the Kahn's son was an Islamist Jihadist double agent in the military to sabotage US efforts who was killed before he was able to do his dirty work!  So far no comment from your guy.  Hope he might tell Stone to shove it but fully expect he will either say nothing or back his allegations.

I pray that some of the supporters of Trump will eventually realize they have been had.  I would not expect many to vote for Clinton but hope some will finally let their common sense kick in and be level headed enought to eventually realize Trump is an unstable charlatan who must never sit in the Oval Office!

Subject:   Let me Correct You
Date:   8/1/2016 4:27:20 PM

First of all, I am not an idiot. I'm, in fact, very well educated.  Secondly, I spent a number of years working in Washington DC and have seen the political game played up close and personal.  If you continue the name calling, then I will block you and we won't have any more conversations.  I may have taken a position you don't like, but that does not give you the right to call me an idiot, your free speech notwithstanding. 

Yes, I agree with you that Donald Trump never turns the other cheek and has managed to come out with some unfortunate comments.  But this thing with Mr. Kahn is a side show, kept going by Mr. Kahn, I'm sure to the delight of the Democrats. 

How do we know that Mr. Kahn is not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, or a man who has been radicalized by the death of his son.  I'm not saying he has, but can you say for sure that he hasn't?  I have to say that I have known quite a few Muslims over the years, with my job and in the medical community.  And most of them have been very nice people.  But at the same you cannot discount what might really be in their hearts - as evidenced by the Army Major at Ft. Hood or by the shooters in San Beradino.  I do not want to see this country flooded with Muslims and/or refugees.  First, because the majority of Muslims do not wish to assimilate into U.S. culture and norms.  And I don't see how we can afford to take in Refugees that we know nothing about, and cannot afford to take care of.  It's a nice ideal to think we could embrace the world (like the old Coke Commercial circo 1971)  and take them all in, but the truth is to do so would make the U.S. less safe and we can't afford it.  At this point, we can't even afford to take care of our veterans and disadvantaged children.  If there was ever a time to get real, it is now. 

Let's talk about Black Lives Matters right now.  If you look at it statistically, there are very, very few black people being killed by the police, If you consider the overall population of this country.  And in the vast majority of cases, the police are confronted with people who are breaking the law, resisting arrest and are not usually upstanding citizens. They feel they are being profiled.  Have you ever watched LockUP on TV?  What race is prodominate in the jails and prisons?  So instead of telling their own community to clean up, they instead have decided it is white people and law enforcements fault.  You know, well before the campaign, Hilary met with Black Lives Matter.  She tried to explain that if they were to be meaningful, they needed an actionable platform from which to lobby.  And do you know what they told her?  That they didn't need advice from a white woman on what they should do.  You know, I know a lot of middle class  and upper class black people.  They are living and working, trying to keep their kids on the staight and narrow and getting them through school, because they know that is what will make a difference.  And they you have BLM, trying to defend the actions of punks. 

So Architecht, I get you don't like Trump.  But becasue you don't like him and Hilary is running against him, doesn't mean that he is Satan from HE$$ or that he is any more likely to decide to go nuclear, any more than Hilary.  She talks about his Temperment - but really, her temperment isn't much different than his, she just hides it better.  Reports of nastiness to the WH staff, flying vases and other stories are out that about Hilary.  You just have to look for them.

Subject:   Let me Correct You
Date:   8/1/2016 4:53:50 PM (updated 8/1/2016 5:10:16 PM)

First of all, please point out any place or time where I called you, specifically or otherwise, an ''idiot''.  Wix and Lifer and Trump and the Trump surrogates yes and he!! yes, but not you!

Secondly, I know you are well educated...that is one of the reasons why I still hold out hope for you.

Third, I do not KNOW that Mr Kahn is a Muslim Brotherhood member, I also do not KNOW Donald Trump is not a Russian agent!  Do you KNOW either for a fact?  Do you think it is a wise campaign strategy for Trump to allow a surrogate to say such?

And fourth, my less than glowing reviews of BLM have been expressed on more than one occasion on this forum.

Subject:   if you look at your comment ahead of Rodger Stone
Date:   8/1/2016 8:31:04 PM

You will see the word "idiots"

Subject:   Archy is an idiot.
Date:   8/1/2016 8:49:50 PM

Archy, what Nursing home have your children put you in.....to get you outta their sight?  You are really showing you stupidity!

Subject:   if you look at your comment ahead of Rodger Stone
Date:   8/1/2016 9:16:44 PM (updated 8/1/2016 9:25:19 PM)

Please read more carefully.  I respectfully point out the word "idiots" appears in a paragraph exclusively concerning Stone and Trump surrogates and is clearly in reference to Stone and the other ''idiots'' acting as surrogates for Trump.  In addition to being idiots they are dangerous, liars, hateful, deranged and full of BS!   Unless you have become an official Trump surrogate you are not included!

Subject:   Wix is a real sho'nuff idiot.
Date:   8/1/2016 9:31:14 PM (updated 8/1/2016 9:32:12 PM)

I'll never be able to top you Wix...never in a thousand years!!

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online