Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   LOOSEN UP GANG
Date:   12/24/2005 3:21:19 PM

Too bad things are being taken personal rather than in spirit that they are written. Winning an argument of this Forum serves absolutely no useful purpose. I was born in Connecticut and lived there and in New jersey for many years. I am, therefore, referred to as one of those yankees. I now live in the Florida Panhandle so I associate with rednecks, eat sauteed road kill, and have learned to wave with a flick of the finger. We have a condo at the Lake so I am one of those d*mn condo owners. I have been called an idiot by SBsigmapi cause I supported Kerry and a dumb a$$ by JIM. I thank God everyday that I am not blonde. Other than that, I enjoy the Forum, enjoy each of you, and wish everyone would loosen up , have some egg nog, and recognize that the Forum is an opportunity for us to pass time waiting for what we look all forward to===warm weather and a water level of 490 ft .

Name: SBsigmapi -
Subject: Just Thinking
Date: 8/26/2004 2:29:53 PM

Kerry and his supporters (this means you) are idiots.

Name: JIM -
Subject: JIM, JIM, JIM
Date: 12/7/2005 7:45:24 PM

I have a college degree in evaulation of dumb a`ss`s 101 , and your grade is A+.

Name:   BayPineYankee - Email Member
Date:   12/24/2005 8:01:37 PM

Well, I read the forum regularly I haven't posted since someone named Chris Craft suggested that I would be better off keeping my comments to myself. I live on the lake full-time and am very interested in what is discused here - just happen to be a yankee.

Name:   copperline - Email Member
Date:   12/24/2005 8:39:56 PM

Sad but true ... there are a couple of regulars on the forum who are really harsh on people who see things differently than they.... absolutely mean-spirted about their politics, especially to those of us who aren't conservative right-wingers. Don't get too discouraged, I suspect that lots of people come to the lake (and this forum) to enjoy a peaceful experience and simply exchange ideas.... and don't find it necessary to take shots at anyone who hints of being a little different from themselves.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   To Bay Pine
Date:   12/24/2005 8:42:41 PM

Don't worry what some fool may say and join in as a poster. It is always nice to have many and varied viewpoints. Look forward to you becoming an active member.

Name:   CAT BOAT - Email Member
Date:   12/24/2005 9:00:50 PM

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!! And, for what it is worth, I like reading all the stuff. (Notice, I did not say Happy Holidays)
Bling it on

Name:   LifeTime Laker - Email Member
Date:   12/25/2005 9:09:26 AM

Argueing on the internet is like running in the 'Special Olympic'....... even if you win, you are still retarded!!

I have been a regular on this forum since sometime back in the mid 90's. As such I have seen MANY arguments, some I participated in, others I just read with indifference. I have also read many informative posts and some idiotic posts but the last 6 months or so have DEFINITELY been the most entertaining, with the exception of a few posts about 5 years ago from "Goat Boy" who kept us all updated on the progress of the fence he was building around the lake. For too long the forum was dominated by a bunch of crotchety (sp?) old farts that whined about the growth on the lake (that translates into yankees and Atlantans). Progress happens and nothing is going to change that. The best way to deal with it is to embrace it and grow with it (as my net worth has done thanks to Atlanta 'discovering' our jewel). BLING IT ON!!, to borrow a phrase.

Name:   lamont - Email Member
Subject:   My oh my!
Date:   12/26/2005 9:10:38 AM

Could not agree with you more GoneFishin. Looks as though the PC crowd has finally infiltrated the forum. I come to this board for comedic relief and, in most cases, find the posters have pretty thick skin and are able to laugh at themselves. I hold no animosity towards those who make fun of my Atlanta heritage, my red neckedness and am often called a "Barner" because I attended Auburn. At least I had enough sense to buy at Lake Martin. At least I've got that going for me.

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

BearCreek.LakesOnline.com
THE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Lakes Online