98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Subject:   Interesting Information
Date:   1/20/2009 3:21:52 PM

Note the following from today's news.

Benediction at Obama 's inauguration, Rev. Joseph Lowery:

'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'

Carter Snubs Clinton

January 20, 2009 11:54 AM
ABC News' David Wright reports: Today may be a day when the nation briefly sets aside partisan enmity for the peaceful transition of power, but personal enmity? That’s another matter.
One small example: as the ex-Presidents gathered in the crypt of the Capitol preparing to head out to the platform, a chilly day got a bit chillier as the Carters and the Clintons were forced to occupy the same cramped space.
Former Democratic President Jimmy Carter appeared to greet former Republican President George H.W. Bush and his wife warmly, kissing Barbara Bush on the cheek. But as Carter passed fellow Democrats Bill and Hillary Clinton, the two men did not appear to acknowledge each others presence at all. A total snub.

Bush Mocked As He Arrives on Inauguration Dais

The crowd packed on the west side of the Capitol grounds serenaded President Bush in mocking fashion when he took to the inaugural stage alongside Vice President Dick Cheney.
"Nah nah nah nah, hey hey, good-bye," a section of the crowd chanted.
The crowd packed immediately below the podium received Bush in stony silence when he took his seat on the stage surrounding the podium where Barack Obama was scheduled to take the oath office to become the 44th president of the United States

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   More like sickening
Date:   1/20/2009 3:56:34 PM

So much for all the promises of the world coming together. I don't know about you but I have never seen a black person being told to sit at the back of any bus. I see a black man as President, a black man on the Supreme Court, black men as CEO's, black men and women in Congress, black mayors (men and women), black women in senior administration roles, black women as CEOs and on and on.

It will be a good day for this country when people like Lowery, Jackson and Wright are no longer in the public view hawking their hatred of whites and Jews. Only then can we get beyond the poverty and race pimping that has made he and his ilk millionaires while keeping blacks on the Democrat party plantation.

Name:   water_watcher - Email Member
Date:   1/20/2009 10:08:56 PM

Makes me sick ... MM said it well. There will always be some racisit in this world, but for there is equal opportunity today and if anything a bias to blacks for fear of being sued or called a racist.

Name:   rude evin - Email Member
Subject:   Treatment of Bush........
Date:   1/20/2009 11:20:25 PM

Just confirms my observation about most Dems............they have no class, they can't be gracious in winning or losing. Just consumed with their own myopic image in their mirror.

Name:   lamont - Email Member
Date:   1/21/2009 8:19:46 AM

This was no inaugeration or transfer of power. This was a rock concert for the "new" diety. The lack of respect shown for President Bush was totally classless but, expected. These same people who can't afford health insurance or car insurance hop on a bus and spend 3 days in our nation's capital. Sickening indeed.

Name:   mbk - Email Member
Date:   1/21/2009 10:08:44 AM

Might be a good indicator of the "bi-partisanship", "work across the aisle", "we all must work together" that we can expect of the next four years.

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   1/21/2009 10:11:00 AM

I agree that for a group of people to act that way towards Bush was wrong and tasteless. But, you can hardly blame Obama and his administration for that. At public events you get every kind of person. And you can't ignore that Bush's outgoing approval rating is 20%.

I disagree that there was no transition to power. Of course there was. By all accounts Bush and his administration have been entirely gracious and it is one of the smoothest in a long, long time. It has been well publicized that the Bushs have been welcoming and gracious to the Obamas.
And there was an inauguration. I watched it all day yesterday and it was wonderful. No one snubbed Bush; but keep in mind, it was not his event. The inauguration is about the incoming President.

I'm not sure why you all feel the need to continue to be so negative and cynical. An election was held and Obama won. He's the democratically elected President. The American way is to suck up the loss of your candidate and put your support, as an American, behind the new President. Are you upset because he hasn't shown himself to be the far left liberal that you painted him as? Perhaps you thought that John McCain should have risen up and staged a coup? Is that what you want for this country?

I don't see your criticism of Obama's transition and inauguration as any more "classy" than those people chanting "kiss him goodbye" at Bush yesterday.

Name:   lamont - Email Member
Subject:   My Comments.......
Date:   1/21/2009 11:20:31 AM

Were not directed at Obama but, rather his rude, distasteful followers. Yes. I am quite aware a "transfer of power" and an "inaugeration" took place however, I would like to thank you Hound for confirming that. In addition, I was trying to point out this was more of a rock concert than a political function. Also Hound, please give up this " you lost, nana, nana, boo-boo" crap. We are very aware our candidate didn't win and I, for one, am hoping for the best for Obama.

Name:   water_watcher - Email Member
Date:   1/21/2009 12:59:13 PM

The only thing is the liberal media and liberals in general blamed Bush for just about everything they could and gave him credit for little to nothing. Yet now, it seems those same groups are going to try and give BO a pass saying ... well he inherited it and he is doing the best he can. Bush inherited a very bad recession and bad foreign policy that ultimately led to 9/11. Where is the credit for Bush on keeping us safe, getting us out of the tech bubble collapse and stimulating the economy. We all know the banking crisis that caused this recession started due to liberal democratic policies and nothing to do with Bush. And those that say well he could have fixed them ... it is up to congress to pass the laws. Now the dems have their president and congress to do whatever they want so they have zero excuses. They can blame whomever they want ... but now they can put their programs in place and either take credit or stop pointing fingers.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   1/21/2009 6:45:36 PM

So, did the liberal/Dems put their entire support behind Bush as he tried to do what, as President, he thought was best for the country?

Answer: No

So are you espousing a double standard? Should we all kiss and make up in spite of the demonstrated hatred of the liberal/Dem faction? If we did that would make us "bigger" than them - but would it be accepted or recognized? No.

Speaking of double standards, I'll quote an email I received today....

>
> Headlines On This Date 4 Years Ago:
> "Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops Die in
> unarmored Humvees" "Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough
> economic times"
> "Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary Americans
> get the shaft"
> -----------------
> Headlines Today: "Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120
> million"
> "Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

> "Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"