Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Subject:   Home Grown Terrorist
Date:   6/3/2009 3:23:42 PM

Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad is American-turned-Muslim Soldier's Killer, Carlos Bledsoe

The Muhammad named above in the title is a Black Muslim convert born and bred in America and raised as Carlos Bledsoe. He traveled to Yemen to train in jihad. He gunned down two U.S. Army soldiers in Little Rock, AR, killing one and wounding the other. If charges are accurate, he is an American-turned-Muslim soldier killer, and he says he wanted to kill more.

Questions?
1. Who paid for the trip to Yemen?
2. Why would this trip to Yemen not get someone in Homeland Security's attention?
3. Why is the US media avoiding talking about a moslem murderer of US soldiers?
4. If a young black man can convert, travel to Yemen, and return home, why would someone in the black community or his family not raise a flag?
5. Who else is involved?

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   Better question
Date:   6/3/2009 6:16:24 PM

Why are they all the sudden coming out of the woodwork and doing their evil business? Methinks they are emboldened by our current administration and have been waiting patiently until they have a better chance of success and a more sympathetic government.

And Obama wants to bring hardened Islamofascists to the U.S. to radicalize more converts to hatred. HOPEless and CHANGE for the worse!

Name:   Talullahhound - Email Member
Date:   6/3/2009 7:48:14 PM

I'm sure the FBI appreciates your framing their investigation for them.

Name:   alahusker - Email Member
Subject:   Come on guys...
Date:   6/3/2009 8:02:17 PM

Y'all are well ahead of the power curve on this, and I'm one of the far right wing nuts according to many here.. Soooo, suggest we see how this story plays out before getting totally conspiratorial.. Going off of the deep end presents a credibility problem for mutual concerns.. PS.. The Reagan statue rules and Nancy is a beautiful woman... but I'm older..

Subject:   And I ain't
Date:   6/3/2009 8:04:37 PM

a moderate conservative..

Subject:   Come on guys...
Date:   6/3/2009 10:22:02 PM

You are right about the Reagan statue and Nancy too.

Name:   Yankee06 - Email Member
Subject:   Two Terrorist Acts
Date:   6/4/2009 1:28:09 PM

I maintain that politically I'm an independent, officially aligned with neither of our two main parties. I find numerous disturbing positons and acts by both parties. Today, it's the White House:

The Prez's take on the two terrorist acts:

A soldiers death: the prez says: “I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss of their son.”

A doctor's death: the prez says: "I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church services this morning. However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence."

- The prez is "Shocked and outraged" by one, and "saddened" by the other.

-I, and probably most Americans, are shocked by neither and outraged by both!

Date:   6/4/2009 5:44:02 PM

You know the President doesn't write this stuff. Suggest you take it up with the WH Press Office.

Senseless tragedy seems to apply in both cases.

Name:   MartiniMan - Email Member
Subject:   It's the teleprompter's fault
Date:   6/4/2009 6:48:25 PM

The Messiah is perfect and can never make a mistake. I see another staffer that must be sacrificed to maintain the perfection of our dear leader.

Funny, a mere five months ago everything was the President's fault. Amazing the change when he's your guy.......

Name:   wix - Email Member
Date:   6/4/2009 7:25:08 PM

We've seen these AA's (Afro-Amer) converting to Islam since Cassius Clay in the 60's and everyone said "isn't that cute". Wonder how many are programmed and ready to attack. Don't give your usual liberal response, just think about it.

Date:   6/4/2009 7:54:08 PM

Hound,
-Agree that the prez probably didn't write these (possibly the first one), that's why I said in my post that my issue is with the White House.
-would agree that most of this kind of stuff would be handled by the press office, ...but not these two.

-First, Tiller was well known by the White HOuse. He was a prominent issue involved in the naming of Kansas Governor Sibelius (Sp?) to the President's Cabinet. Tiller was prominent with NOW and other important Dem voting blocks.

-Second, Islamist terrorist acts in US is a big deal politically, whether conducted by foreign terrorists, home-grown nuts, or a combination as seems to be the case in Arkansas. It is a big deal because it has serious national security implication. It is also a big deal because it has serius political implications. Thus this killing at a military recruiting sation would always be highly sensitive, but especially so when the prez is on a tour of Sand land.

-I said my issue is with the White HOuse because I'd bet a steak dinner that both of these announcements received their final approval, and probably wording, on the desk of Rohm Emmanuel, the White House Chief of Staff. I believe the wordings say alot about White House political priorities.

Date:   6/4/2009 8:09:28 PM

I know you didn't want any response, but I thought that since I'm not a liberal that perhaps I could...

I know many of Blacks who have converted to Islam. Some of these conversion have resulted in spiritual enrichment, while others in radicalism.

During the 60's and 70's there was a real struggle within the black community betwee the approaches of King and Farrakhan. Islam seemed to offer opportunities that Christianity hadn't been able to produce for over 200 years. I often thought that had I been a young black man in teh 60's or 70's, I would have been inclined to be a Black Panther. There was alot of injustice around then. As a nation, I think we were lucky that the King approach was the one most followed.

-That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be aware of the growth of Islam in the US and the impact on our future. Hopefully, the paths that England and France are on will nnot be ours. The radical elements must be rooted out, and hopefully this will be done by the Islamic communities themselves; although there is some evidence that is happening, I believe a larger effort is needed.

I don't believe our approach to our Muslem community should be one of anger, hostility, or even apprehension. I believe it should be one of caution, but hopefulness.

Subject:   Wrong, girl..
Date:   6/4/2009 8:29:28 PM

My executive officier used to write stuff for me to say, but I read it first and never, never said it if I didn't mean it.. but I just had notes and no teleprompter..

Subject:   Pass the kool aid,
Date:   6/4/2009 8:44:37 PM

Subject:   and what is that you're smokin
Date:   6/4/2009 8:47:19 PM

Subject:   Oh, Were you the Prez?
Date:   6/4/2009 8:56:41 PM

He has a speechwriting staff that writes this stuff for him. It's fairly routine. I haven't heard the WH mention that they think this is an act of domestic terrorism. In fact, according to what was on the news tonight, looks like the atrocious act of one lone person. Yeah, he went to Yemen, but no evidence he took an terrorist training. And it doesn't appear he has any contacts.

Subject:   And Your point would be?
Date:   6/4/2009 8:58:51 PM

I thought we had freedom of religion in this country. I don't know anyone thinks it is "cute", but it is a fact of life. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, according to the stats.

Subject:   Amen
Date:   6/4/2009 9:00:16 PM

Well said. We're not at war with Islam, we're at war with terrorists.

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Date:   6/4/2009 9:43:23 PM

And the buck stops where?

Name:   MrHodja - Email Member
Subject:   Oh, Were you the Prez?
Date:   6/4/2009 9:44:55 PM

Another new low.

Name:   architect - Email Member
Subject:   Amen and Amen
Date:   6/5/2009 1:54:29 PM

Well said, anyone with any common sense let alone historical perspective knows that the vast majority of Moslems are peace lovers. The action in a sanctuary of a Kansas church last week demonstrates that not all terrorists are Moslems. Mr Roeder and Mr. McVeigh and the Olympic bomber and the mob that hung Leo Frank and the men that bombed the Birmingham Church and the killers ofCheney, Schwerner and Goodman professed a devotion to Christ. I know some will start to compare scale and some may even try to justify this or that act. Does scale make the terrorist act more or less evil? I'm reminded of a comment by I think it was Pat Buchannan (?sp) in the late 80's when he said he was not a holocaust denier but that the number of victims was greatly inflated. Would we think better of Hitler if it was only 500,000 instead of 8 to 9 million?

Date:   6/5/2009 2:01:11 PM

Tou remind me of the Orthodox Rabbi in Isreal a few weeks ago who was upset with the Pope for referring to Holocaust victims as being merely "killed" rather Than "murdered"

Name:   lotowner - Email Member
Date:   6/5/2009 2:19:43 PM

Peace lovers without tolerance is still unacceptable. Throwing acid in a young girl's face because she wants to attend school - does this fall under the definition of a peace lover? Stoning the female part of the adultrous act and leaving the male alone - is this a peaceful situation. Treating females as if they were a piece of property - is this acceptable? Total intolerance of other religions - is this accepptable?

Comparing Islamic Terriorist to Timothy McVea - apples and oranges! Religion was not a factor for McVea. What was his sentence? Lethal injection! What has been the sentence of the 9/11 Islamic murders? No executions! Working with their lap tops and complaining because soldiers desicrated the Quoran.

Date:   6/5/2009 10:40:04 PM

I suspect that a thorough investigation will show that most Moslems do not throw acid in young girls faces any more than most Christians blow up government buildings.

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town