Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Bear Creek Reservoir Photo Gallery

Name:   RaRay - Email Member
Subject:   lost rod
Date:   6/17/2009 5:50:23 PM

i lost a rod off the end of my pier where it is 10 ft. deep. well i think a fish drug it in cause it is not anywhere directly below the pier. me and a few friends dove around with goggles looking for it and nothing. any ideas on how to retrieve my equipment.

Name:   lakeplumber - Email Member
Date:   6/17/2009 6:18:02 PM

Not now. That used to happen to me many times when I lrft my pole unattended overnight while fishing. I found out that carp was the fish taking my rods away. (I had a fishing secret used for luring catfish to the fishing area,... seems that it also attracted the carp too). So, we tied our rods to the pier posts using a nylon cord. We would find our rods off of the pier and out over the water held tight by the nylon. When we would reel in the fish, it was always a carp.

Name:   alahusker - Email Member
Subject:   Sure way...
Date:   6/17/2009 7:12:02 PM

Walmart...

Name:   Feb - Email Member
Date:   6/17/2009 7:18:56 PM

Call Pier Pressure or PP. He is a regular forum member.

Name:   Mack - Email Member
Subject:   Wait til Winter
Date:   6/17/2009 8:08:58 PM

when water goes down, and look for it in the mud. If it is a decent reel/rod, wash it, oil it, re-spool it, and get ready for Spring. From experience.

Name:   CAT BOAT - Email Member
Date:   6/17/2009 9:21:59 PM

Well, was the rod attached to a "Floating Dock". Why did you leave your ROD out overnight? This could only lead to troubled situations. Did your rod have any protection? There seems to be much missing information here. Was your rod an open face, or closed faced design. Was it left handed rod, or right handed rod. These are important facts that will enable us to "Find your ROD". Just my .02 worth.

Date:   6/17/2009 10:04:32 PM

A little lame Cat. You should stick (big dock) to boats and what makes them run smooth.

Name:   Nancy Christine II - Email Member
Date:   6/17/2009 10:24:04 PM

I don't know I tent to agree whit CAT, these are all important questions.

I lost a bait caster at the south end of young's basin last fall. If i had given more info as to it's being right to left hand, or that is was a cheep $50 Shakespeare I may have it back now. And also have there been any suspicious carp or catfish thuging around that floating dock as of late. Also if the dock had bumpers that can lead to all kinds of misfit activity.

Name:   GoneFishin - Email Member
Subject:   Seriously
Date:   6/17/2009 11:05:43 PM

Find the fish.

Name:   BigFoot - Email Member
Date:   6/18/2009 8:49:04 AM

OMG....Cat takes it up a notch!

Name:   Sandy Tiger - Email Member
Date:   6/18/2009 8:58:35 AM

Due to my early lifestyle I learned to take good care of my rod. I was careless and would not always be very particular where I left it which only led to trouble in the morning. You know, being at the lake, a few beers...it always leads to something like this. Now that I've grown older and wiser I try to keep my rod put up at night.

Date:   6/18/2009 10:58:11 AM

I agree Sandy, and I am sure your spouse appreciates your personal responsibility.

All said in jest other than my agreement with the intent of your post.

I have a tendency to twist things. I must need a swivel snap on my key board. LOL

Date:   6/18/2009 11:03:38 AM

He will have to give it some thought, but I am sure he will come up with a "Bigfoot Award Winning" reponse.

Name:   Old Diver - Email Member
Date:   6/19/2009 2:37:37 PM

Make a small grapple hook by bemding 3 pieces of #12 copper wire about 16" long in "U" shape. Shove them up in a 4" length of 1/2 pipe. Tie a snall line thru the eyes formed and bend the other ends in hooks.
If a fish pulled the rod in then he stretched the line out. Drag the grapple back and forth and you should hook the line. The copper hooks are strong enough to pull up your line. If you snag on a stump then pulling on the line will bend the hooks releasing the grapple.
Good Luck.

Name:   alahusker - Email Member
Subject:   Or...
Date:   6/19/2009 7:27:42 PM

go to Walmart??

Quick Links
Bear Creek Reservoir News
Bear Creek Reservoir Photos
Bear Creek Reservoir Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map