Off-Topic: Interesting discussion this a.m.
(Nags Head Specific)
0 messages
Updated
Lakes Online Forum
83,606 messages
Updated 4/30/2024 9:09:31 AM
Lakes Online Forum
5,193 messages
Updated 4/3/2024 3:47:36 AM
(Nags Head Specific)
0 messages
Updated
Lakes Online Forum
4,169 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 11:05:05 PM
Lakes Online Forum
4,260 messages
Updated 3/24/2024 9:24:45 AM
Lakes Online Forum
2,976 messages
Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   MartiniMan The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   Interesting discussion this a.m.
Date:   8/23/2010 8:51:49 AM

on Bill Bennett's show.  Did not catch the name of the guest but he is a media type.  He is of the opinion that when Netanyahu met privately with Obama some sort of deal was struck.  His evidence to support the speculation is two fold:  1) Obama's language about a nuclear Iran has gone from "unacceptable" to "it will not happen".  I frankly have not noticed this supposed change on his language but I try not to listen.  2) Netanyahu has apparently become very engaged and supportive of the latest round of Mid East peace talks, including being more accommodating than his usual self.  Again, I have not seen this but I am not following it all that closely.  Based on this evidence he believed some sort of deal was struck and that the U.S. will take out enough of the nuclear facilities with bunker busters that their program will be set back.  Of course I don't believe OCarter has the gonads to do anything of the sort but I would love to be proven wrong.  And while it would infuriate his base they will ultimately forgive him and it would be a huge shot in the arm for his approval ratings.  Won't solve the economic problems we have but I think many conservatives, myself included, would applaud his preventing Iran from going nuclear.

The discussion also centered around Israel's biggest fear with a nuclear Iran and that would be an inability to strongly deal with Hamas and Hezbollah because their sponsor is now nuclear capable and that this will embolden both groups.  While they don't put it past nut jobs like Achmadiniwackjob and Mullahs to accept the destruction of Iran if they struck Israel they are still basically cowards and blowhards and while they have no problem sending others to their death they would be less likely to accept that sacrifice for themselves or their family.  One would think they realize that if Hamas or Hezbollah detonate a nuclear weapon in Israel that everyone in the world will know where it came from and there would be retribution of the nuclear kind. 
Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
Could It Be? - MrHodja - 8/21/2010 11:07:10 PM
     Could It Be? - lotowner - 8/22/2010 8:01:34 AM
          Could It Be? - Talullahhound - 8/22/2010 9:11:56 AM
               Could It Be? - Yankee06 - 8/22/2010 2:20:58 PM
                    Too complicated. - roswellric - 8/22/2010 9:20:40 PM
     Interesting discussion this a.m. - MartiniMan - 8/23/2010 8:51:49 AM

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us