Lakes Online Forum
2,976 messages
Updated 3/20/2024 11:53:43 PM
Lakes Online Forum
98 messages
Updated 4/15/2024 1:00:58 AM
Nags Head Photo Gallery

Welcome, Guest Select View Mode: [ classic | beta | recent ]
Name:   Swimmer27 The author of this post is registered as a member - Email Member
Subject:   On the contrary
Date:   1/11/2009 1:07:15 PM

Your DH (I have no idea what you intend that to mean, but I do like my version) has spent MANY hours trying to find out things about me through the years. He has also written MANY posts disparaging anyone who dare come here to comment that doesn't 'own' porperty on the lake. He has offended many with his posts to this regard. He has exihibited his elitist attitude so many times that it is quite humorous to those of us who have witnessed it to see you defend him. He has through the years called me and others 'trailer trash', 'rednecks' and other things that he has no idea about. He has made it quite clear that he feels that if you are not a property owner, then your opinion has no merit. He seems to think that only property owners should be allowed to use his precious lake and even this forum. He has repeatedly posted here that I do not own property on the lake, and therefore should go away. He made one of these posts and stated that if he was wrong he would admit it. He was promptly replied to by a couple of members that they had been to my house, but that wasn't good enough for him. NO, the great mighty feb has to see documentaion. What a joke your poor DH is. And just for the record, there is a post made under your moniker that says you agree with him. Now maybe you didn't post it. Maybe he did using your moniker. I don't know and don't care, but for you to say you have never had a conversation about me really taints your credibillity. You seem to be intellectually honest, for the most part, but on this I don't beleive you, but I will not loose a minutes sleep over it either. I know, as others here do, what your husband is, and it aint pretty. He has a LOOONG history here. Mostly showing his ignorance and elitist attitude. Looking down on others seems to be his favorite pastime.

Now I see where you have only owned property here since 2001. I find that interesting since feb was coming here at least a year prior to that, making claims of ownership. I moved to the lake fulltime in June 2000, and was bashing your DH before that, although he used different names, one being Lamar. The other slips my mind right now.

As for what I do. Well first lets look at what you said about others being open with what they do. I know that Maverick is a CPA. I know that two others have a company that contracts to the govermnmet. I know what CATHOUSE does. But then again, everyone knows a CAT does whatever the heck it wants too....lol. I know that tallyman and WW both claim to be lawyers. I learned these from the forum. Other than that, I can't think of any others right now that I know what they do from the forum. Others have given vauge descriptions such as business owner etc. But that is pretty wide open. There are several others that I know what they do, where they live etc., but not from the forum. I learned from private emails and conversations. I also know that others lie about what they do when coming here. So be it. This is nothing more than entertainment to me.

Now since you asked so nicely I will bring you up to speed. I have spent most of my life in retail. A couple of times as a business owner, the rest as manager of both small mom and pop operations and large retail chains. I also know that your preciuos DH, along with others, seem to think of those in retail as 'second class citizens' not worthy of their esteemed company. It has provided me with a comfortable living. Allowed me to purchase my own lake house after spending my entire life on this lake. As a child we camped at Wind Creek. When I was in High School my Dad bought a place not that for from you. We kept it for several years after his death. In fact did not sell it till after I bought this place. Once I had my own place I lost interest in keeping that place up along with my lake house, my house in town, and a rental. It was just too much. I now only have this one and an interest with family members on some undeveloped properties on the lake.

Now I will say this. Before you start jumping in and defending your precious DH so vehemently, you need to read 10 years worth of old posts. He has repeatedly said things here that are indefensible, condescending, arrogant, and just plain stupid. It is simply that I am the only one outspken enough to say these things. Trust me, others agree with me. He has shown himself to be less than honorable. He has also passed judgment on me and others many times though the years. As for knowing you, well I might know more than you think. You see DH posted ALL his/your personal info here YEARS ago including name, address, even telephone number in VA. (you both can be Googled) Now he THINKS he knows things about me. I have spent years watching him chase shadows, and enjoyed it more than you can know. It has been my favorite pastime for years to toy with him. And just for the record, although I have thuroughly enjoyed bashing him with it throughout the years, I don't really think he is as racist as some of his old posts made him look. But that is NOT the case with his BFF. I even publicly defended him when a post he made was misconstrued and some folks took to calling him a child molester. Fun is fun, but there are lines you just don't cross. Of course when his BFF chose to make those same accusations at me becuse my 14yo stepson was displayed on my MySpace page he chose to sit silent. Honor? He has none in my eyes. I have also proven him to be a bald faced liar on several occasions. You see, because of me, he whined and complained to Bruce till Bruce programmed us an IGNORE button. Then your preciuos DH continuously claimed to have me on IGGY, yet his own posts proved he didn't. How you ask? So easy a Caveman could do it. But he is in pretty good company there. Others have made the same mistake. But why LIE about it? It only shows you to be less than honorable. If you lie about the little things that don't matter, what else will you lie about.

As for playing Devils Advocate.... those that know me, know that I might take a positoin I don't belive in just for the sake of a good argument. I have been told several times that I missed my calling, that I should have been a lawyer because of my 'debating' skills. Who knows, if I ever mangae to finish my MBA maybe I will try law school........ but then again I never did like slime so maybe not. J/K I love lawyers just as much as Shakespeare did.....lol.
Other messages in this thread:View Entire Thread
600K New Gov't Jobs - MartiniMan - 1/6/2009 9:57:41 AM
      Those that don't..... - lamont - 1/6/2009 10:40:02 AM
           Those that don't..... - mbk - 1/6/2009 11:44:16 AM
                Those that don't..... - Talullahhound - 1/6/2009 3:58:13 PM
                     Those that don't..... - JustAGuy - 1/6/2009 4:47:11 PM
                    Like Everything Else - MrHodja - 1/6/2009 5:30:36 PM
                     Those that don't..... - MartiniMan - 1/6/2009 8:28:45 PM
                          Those that don't..... - JustAGuy - 1/6/2009 8:45:51 PM
                               Those that don't..... - lamont - 1/7/2009 8:22:34 AM
                                    Those that don't..... - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 10:54:28 AM
                                         Those that don't..... - JustAGuy - 1/7/2009 1:46:32 PM
                                             Opinions are fine - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 2:29:41 PM
                                                  Opinions are fine - JustAGuy - 1/7/2009 3:37:15 PM
                                                       Opinions are fine - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 6:33:08 PM
                                                            Opinions are fine - JustAGuy - 1/7/2009 7:13:06 PM
                                   Thanks for your support - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 10:58:52 AM
                                    Those that don't..... - JustAGuy - 1/7/2009 1:32:17 PM
                                         Those that don't..... - lamont - 1/7/2009 2:04:05 PM
                         MM, you are wrong - Talullahhound - 1/6/2009 9:08:49 PM
                              MM, you are wrong - JustAGuy - 1/6/2009 9:17:14 PM
                                   You people don't listen - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 10:51:01 AM
                                   Two words for you Guy - Swimmer27 - 1/7/2009 1:37:23 PM
                              Another thing to consider - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 11:17:47 AM
                              US Manufacturing - AUCATZ - 1/7/2009 11:51:34 AM
                                   US Manufacturing - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 2:06:48 PM
                                        US Manufacturing - muddauber - 1/18/2009 8:22:06 AM
     Hard to Believe that - Mack - 1/6/2009 7:24:54 PM
          Hard to Believe that - Talullahhound - 1/7/2009 6:23:42 AM
               Hound.... - MrHodja - 1/7/2009 10:25:00 AM
               Hard to Believe that - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 11:41:23 AM
               Hard to Believe that - Mack - 1/7/2009 12:07:42 PM
     600K New Gov't Jobs - AUCATZ - 1/7/2009 11:48:03 AM
          600K New Gov't Jobs - Talullahhound - 1/7/2009 3:39:24 PM
               600K New Gov't Jobs - MartiniMan - 1/7/2009 6:29:11 PM
                    Well, I did my part - Talullahhound - 1/7/2009 7:55:58 PM
                         Well, I did my part - BoatsRFun - 1/7/2009 9:55:18 PM
                         Well, I did my part - Swimmer27 - 1/8/2009 6:58:22 AM
                              Well, I did my part - Talullahhound - 1/9/2009 8:48:34 AM
                                   You against the disabled? - Swimmer27 - 1/9/2009 5:58:21 PM
                                        No, Are you? - Talullahhound - 1/9/2009 10:08:34 PM
                                        Winning your house? - Talullahhound - 1/9/2009 10:10:53 PM
                                             Winning your house? - Swimmer27 - 1/10/2009 4:46:51 PM
                                                  Didn't See Your Post - Talullahhound - 1/10/2009 9:50:04 PM
                                                       On the contrary - Swimmer27 - 1/11/2009 1:07:15 PM
                                                            On the contrary - Talullahhound - 1/11/2009 7:23:12 PM
                                                                 On the contrary - Swimmer27 - 1/11/2009 8:37:50 PM

Quick Links
Nags Head News
Nags Head Photos
Nags Head Videos

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Search Site
Advertise With Us

NagsHead.USCoast.info
THE NAGS HEAD WEBSITE

Copyright 2024, Coastal Town